This is what you call BALANCING POWERS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xFLASHo, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fm0987 Committed Player

Yeah the range on that sc is abysmal.
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I usually see sorcery players with either Neo-Venom or Grand Summoning (I use them too on my low sorcery alt) but I guess Shard users don't really have a free slot for SC :oops:
    I meant other SCs, I don't think I've seen anyone using them. Doesn't make sense to worsen them further.

This whole rebalance seems to take "super" out of many "supercharges" and make them more like regular abilities. :oops:
    • Like x 3
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If this truly balanced all supers then we do have one thing to look forward to: we can all run whatever and do the exact same damage so at least it won't matter what was nerfed or buffed. If powerset A pops a super at the same time powersets B Cand D do and everyone is buffed equally then they all just hit for the exact same amount right??
  4. L T Devoted Player

Sadly, this is not the case. The fireballs still follow the projectile rules. Volcanic Calamity will be a better supercharge option for fire.

Or... you know... NVB.
  5. xFLASHo New Player

If this hits live server like this what's stopping elec dps's from using Neo venom? Now there is nothing that makes Circuit breaker special.
    • Like x 1
  6. xFLASHo New Player

Circuit Breaker was the only thing that gave Elec a chance. Without it the ST is just plain trash. They need to change the reduction to maybe a 10% nerf. 30 second cool down take it or leave it I don't care too much but 25% nerf is ridiculous. Now everybody is for sure going to switch to gadgets because it hasn't gotten touched at all.
    • Like x 1
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I have good news, the damage for 3 targets increases on the test server compared to the live one (the damage from the AOE attack is not divided, as on the live server).
  8. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Instead of calling this a Supercharge adjustment, shall we just re-name it to "Neo-Venom for All".
    • Like x 1
  9. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Baffles me why Neo-Venom got 2%, Rage got 5% but Electricity got 25%. Surely it would've been better to start out with a smaller reduction and go from there.
    • Like x 2
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

Attempting to balance the supers is a good thing but buffing supers on powers that are already great (gadgets) is uncalled for same for nerfing supers on powers that are already underachievers (quantum)
    • Like x 2
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

As I mentioned, single target damage is slightly lower, but more stable ... but !!! damage on multiple targets is higher (about 10%, depending on the trinket, the difference between "good" and "bad" is minimal within 1.5%, not more (I think with more tests it will not be noticeable at all ...)).
    • Like x 1
  12. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Yeah, this sounds like garbage and a slap in the face but I'm going to wait until it's live before TRULY ranting.

But here is a sampler:

I've only been playing since June and my character conceptually is Electric. That isn't going to change due to a change in the meta. What will change is my probably playing at all. It was already a struggle keeping electric up near the high end of output and even then I would be bulldozed by a Gadgets or Munitions toon every time.

Now? I might as well give up. I spent all of this time and effort leveling these damn artifacts and getting my build just right in order to have to change everything again?

I get that this is how they need to make money on some level but I'm not playing the game. If this nerf goes through I will probably be packing up my character and moving on. I don't like sucking and I don't like sucking because of something that I have ZERO control over.

I invested months into learning and investing into this character. So yeah you can count me out if you are nerfing my viability into oblivion.
    • Like x 2
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

Sorcery SC getting nerfed was needed for balance.
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

While I won't be happy losing st, my aoe was lacking so maybe it's an intentional balance.

The healer in me is happy to know that there will be less "need eog" healer on lfg tho. I hate healing with that stupid thing
  15. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Like I said in the other topic. If they are trying to nerf my character's viability into the ground I will simply be moving on. I'm not going to play something where I suck (with no opportunity to get better) and I'm not going to keep reinvesting money and time in artifacts and my character if in 6 months I have to do it all over again.

You can let me off of this hamster wheel.
    • Like x 3
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I keep a super spot in my source loadout but that means I only have 2 attacks. The problem with that was neo venom. I have 2 attacks. That means I have to either time it so its feed/gw/nv/hv/vengeance on repeat to get the most of nv. Which means I probably have to pass on feed/gw with a reset. Not huge but the perk of nv didn't seem to help vengeance much so a decent quickie of transmogrified or whatever it's called worked better in actual content especially considering how easy it is to get knocked out of nv
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If I was only 6 months invested in this game, I might join you. For me and many others, our characters just had a 10th bday party. (I'm actually 9yrs old but you get it I'm sure)

Pitchforks away for a min, let's see what actually pans out and goes live. I'm just hoping testing feedback isn't a 5 page thread of great info that amounts to nothing. Looking back on a lot of feedback threads, we seem to be about 50/50 on changes happening due to testing results.
  18. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

I understand completely and trust me, I really don't want to go. I love the hell out of this game but it was already limiting my full enjoyment with the artifact system. I couldn't focus on a alt even if I wanted to. Now the main character that I've invested hundreds of dollars and tons of time into is about to be made useless? Yeah that might be a bit of hyperbole but reading the changes sure sounds like it.

I agree we should wait and see, but everything I've read from the archives tells me to brace for disappointment and prepare to pack it up.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have a low level alt I tried shard on, and I also use GS. Not sure what change this rebalance will net out on that toon, but I can say I really don't like using shard. I was using it on the alt as I didn't really care that much the impact, but the plan was to put it on one of my main sorc toons if it worked out....it's not....not a fan.
    • Like x 1
  20. AV Loyal Player

No... Not even a little. The current SC system properly factors substitution loss. Ie. It compensates for the fact that when we hit an SC that's something else in our rotation that we're NOT hitting in order to do that, so we're trading some normal damage for boosted SC damages. Using a 2500SC means the substitution happens four times as often as a 10k, and with a 5k it happens twice as often. This is why, in our current system, higher cost SCs do slightly less bass DMG:SC but with substitution losses factored, DMG:SC is preserved and everything remains on the table. This change not only fails to factor those substitution losses but introduces such a ludicrous buff to higher cost damage SCs that only complete noobs would run anything that isn't a 10k or a buff, as nothing else even comes close anymore. This change could have outright deleted 90% of the SCs from the game and it would have the same effect. It's like a pre-alpha DPS system and it's embarrassing.

Edit: And as was pointed out, only certain buffs... Mostly Neo...
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.