This is what you call BALANCING POWERS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xFLASHo, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Seems awful for Source Shard users. :(
    • Like x 2
  2. Stardazer Committed Player

I completely agree with you, Drew! They have been subtly doing this for a while now. Bringng out new artifacts that would enhance our abilities and provide extra buffs, and as we spend our money on leveling them, they nerf the power or sometimes the artifact itself.
    • Like x 2
  3. L T Devoted Player

Only some of the buffs.

AV is actually not exaggerating. Like at all. The 10k supers are the big winners here. If you don't have one, there's NVB.
    • Like x 2
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

It's all bad.
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Didn't see anything about how some powers build SC fast and some don't. DC don't put any real effort into anything that don't bring extra money
  6. fm0987 Committed Player

Some new iconic sc would be nice maybe.
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Circuit Breaker is one of the things that helps keep Electricity's damage competitive. If you want to extend its duration and put a slight reduction on it to balance it out, fine... I can go along with that.
    • Like x 1
  8. fm0987 Committed Player

Doesn’t quislet buff supercharges or something like that?
  9. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

It be nice as HL if my SC actually was viable instead of Neo Venom Boost..
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Probably will be. Have other artis on stand by cuz we may need to throw source out. Thankfully, I'm ready for that day. But it may be ok, they didn't touch powerset pets or arti ones. May have made quislet viable for source users even. If anything, it could help build up neo venom lol and we'll all have that in
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

So, so, so take your time, not everything is so bad, the average damage is lower, but the damage itself is more stable, while I was testing the damage of the pets themselves, but there is a chance that due to the higher stability of the damage of pets (pets attack constantly, so you will not miss with the shard buff), the damage of shard users will not change.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It should at the very least make it so there isn't wasted godwave I think. Hope. No pressure but we need you testers to put in some overtime haha
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Quislet has a medium attack when you use a 5k supercharge that goes against several targets and a strong attack that goes against your primary target when using a 10k supercharge when you have it at level 160. If you get it to level 200, it gives you 1% supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If you can manage to time godwave with a supercharge, quislet may be a force. But that means you would need to have source and quislet and grim or scrap. So either you have less supercharge or less use of source or lack of pi application. So I don't know which way I would go. Think my loadout of no supercharge would win anyway since it already was and the supers I'd use are getting reductions. We're all possibly being more doom and gloom than we should be but this all does seem like everyone will want to make many build changes.
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

In the meantime, I plan to streamline the results (I reduced the number of tests per trinket to 10 ... but it's still a hell of a long time). Then I intend to test the changes in the supercharges (thank God or Charon? But the developers put a trinket that instantly restores supercharges on the test). And only after that, we can check the synergy of pets and Shard in real conditions ... so we'll have to wait ... although maybe someone other than me will do this test;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

As Ice main I'm upset about its SC changes. :(
    Sure, buffing Ice Elemental is kinda okay, never used it, though...
    But nerfing Blizzard which I feel was fine the way it is... maybe it could even use a 3-5% buff instead...

Deep Freeze was never really viable and now it's made even worse.

And Freeze Ray is another story. The good thing about it was that you could potentially spam 3 Freeze Rays in a row for some nice ST damage while dealing with risks of being locked in animation for quite a while, now it's gonna be impossible with 10000 cost and 60 seconds cooldown. 13% damage increase doesn't sound enough to compensate in this case :(

Quantum's Temporal Vortex fits the same niche. I don't think it was so powerful in the first place that it needed a nerf.

Never knew Rage's Berserk lasted 13 seconds. I also feel it was okay given the risks of requiring melee. Same with Mangle.
    Infuriate buff is welcome but a bit surprising, I always thought it functioned exactly that way.

Fire's Fireball Barrage is a projectile, right?... It can miss so why chop it almost in half?

Celestial's Cursed Idol buff was kinda needed.

Sorcery's Baleful Transmogrification and Polymorph - does anybody actually use these?

I don't know. :( Lots of things seem to change in a wrong direction, some things were fine the way they were.
    Looks like even more folks will be massively switching to Neo-Venom... *sigh*
    I hope things will get better with time and actual testing.
    • Like x 3
  17. Pyrometers Active Player

Fireball barrage got a 40% damage reduction but atleast the fireballs won't miss , right?
  18. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'm not so ready as you are. I don't have what to switch to, I kinda loathe the card artifacts that are the meta, and find the Amulet artifact to just being disgusting. I love having 3 pets out at the same time, kinda reminding me of the Summoner class in Terraria, I'm not a might or precision dps, I'm a summoner dps. :p
    • Like x 2
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I actually do use sorcerys supercharges. The pet one is ok and fun and whatever but damage wise, on st anyway, 2 5k supers of the st one was much better. Quick, easy, hard to miss. I swear neo venom doesn't work on sorcery so that never seemed an option to me. But like I've said, none of it's super are super so leaving them out of a loadout has seemed to be better
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Pet builds aren't treated as a 3rd dps class but I think they should be. We do not care as much about our might or prec stats as others and our cr actually matters more than anything. Even our sp matters less than any other types of builds. No respect I tells ya.

I do not want to change but am feeding my la mort into a trans next double nth. So I'll have EoG, trans, solar amp, source, and grim all at 200 to see where things go. So if source does get worse then it will become a strat and then just never bothering to change again and do trans strat solar or mix grim in place of strat. Good enough. Chasing just gets me nowhere and building outside the meta just doesn't seem worth it. They can pretty much stop making artifacts and we can all do meta and move on?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.