This is what you call BALANCING POWERS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xFLASHo, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’m precision and SC damage is based off of the might stat (except Neo-Venom and Circuit Breaker) so none of those Gadgets SC buffs affect me. Even if they did, the points I make in discussions and debates like these rarely if ever factor in my own personal gain or loss. That would be anecdotal and ultimately meaningless. I’ve even supported things that that negatively affected me because I thought they were good for the game and community. What’s more, my statement was much more objective than subjective. How well or poorly those supercharges perform in single target DPS is verifiable via testing and mathematics, none of which are affected by personal feelings.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Hyperbolic much??? :p
  3. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Your post came across as defending the Gadgets buff (intentional or not) when near every other powers supercharge got nerfed and a lot of those other powers needed their supercharges to even compete on a DPS scale with Gadgets. It's not just about ST, as those buffs will also effect AOE damage too. Right now it's going to be a touchy subject for anyone who is not Gadgets.

The way powers are currently balanced, the testing metrics the developers use are clearly wrong. It only takes 5 minutes to watch on Twitch, watch a Youtube video of a COUe run or even PLAY the game at end-game to see how some powers are way out performing others (Gadgets with their pet ability clipping etc). For example, Electricity with Circuit Breaker at the 50% is just about on par with Gadgets in COUe (in the right hands), so what happens when that goes to 25%?

Look at some of the more popular MMO's and check some of their end-game raids, like FFXIV, the developers run the content and test it while playing themselves. Never see that with DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  4. August Moon Well-Known Player

Now i dont wanna go and assume this is a big nerf to supercharges until i really test them out, considering at least over half of everybody who makes it to elite content uses neo ven instead of any of the supercharges. maybe when they allocated a proper base power to the 10k and 5ks they accidentally buffed them beyond intended.....but, did yall really have to punch circuit breaker in the face like that. again, again , id rather test it out but that definitely looks like a punch to the face
  5. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

this whole thing will pretty much eliminate all 5000 S/c, people will only need Neo. 2% less damage for a 15 second reduction in cool down?! YEAH i'll take it.. active for 15 seconds while on a 30 second cool down?! yeah i'll take it..no need to really use any other 5000 s/c really.

its basically either use Neo, or maybe a viable 10k super depending on the powerset
    • Like x 2
  6. PHNTM Well-Known Player

This just clarifies the sad state that balancing is in, and progressing further towards tbh. When most might builds are using Neo for SC and HV for ST, no variety.
    • Like x 1
  7. Liightmare dc Active Player

This just shows you that the people running the game don’t play the game. This pretty much makes eog and scrap 2nd rate artifacts when it comes to dps and that really sucks for people who spent time, money, resources to get them to 200. Unless something changes I see a lot of people moving on from dc. It’s like they flipped coins on what got buffed and nerfed. To make matters worse only a small percent of the population will be able to test these changes resulting in terrible outcomes. Starting to feel like we’re the band playing music as the titanic goes down. Gl everyone
    • Like x 6
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Logs in the day all these changes are made:

Pulls supercharge off sorcery toons loadout.
    Pulls supercharge off rage toons loadout.
    Continues to not have supercharge on celestial toons loadout.

I was excited for supercharge revamp. Thought we were all gonna get some buffs. Everything I use getting nerfed. This is why I say it's time to just leave the game alone and stop asking for changes. Just let it be and we deal with it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Liightmare dc Active Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    This makes no sense what’s so ever. Electric is already bad at st and cb helped with that. This is a slap in the face to anyone who leveled Riga mf scrap for dps. But it shows they don’t play this game. How could you see gadgets numbers and decide to increase their sc. how do you play water and decide whirlpool needed a nerf or quantum’s vortex sc lol. this dlc is ad heavy so of course electric sc looks op, but where was this when fgse was current and electric dragged behind in there. I agree the moment this hits live it will be times to move on from dc.
    • Like x 4
  10. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Even during COUe content, if you watch various top DPS'ers on Twitch, Youtube or even just run the content, with Circuit Breaker at 50% Elec DPS are just below a Gadgets dps. Now with it going to 25% they will pull further behind. As you said, the developers clearly do not watch or run end-game content and whatever formula or metrics they are using is wrong. Amulet excels for Gadgets dps and feels like it was designed for it, they are the only power to jump cancel a pet power and also have stealth and yet they got buffed?
    • Like x 3
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind Gadget's turret cancel being removed in order to justify those SC changes.... In fact, I'd actually like for it to work like Robot Sidekick's summon.
  12. Liightmare dc Active Player

Gadgets turret cancel getting fixed is something that is not working correctly getting fixed. The sc changes are working fine and don’t need to be adjusted(nerfed). The only thing the dev had to do to fix some sc were to buff them to bring them in line. Not start flipping coins to see what gets nerfed and what gets buffed.
  13. Gabriel ct8 New Player

RIP ELECTRICITY :(
    • Like x 1
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Gosh, Ice was really overperforming. Let's nerf most of its supers and give a head scratching buff to Freeze Ray.
  15. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

although i agree, being able to use iconics and movement mode moves in Ice Elemental is going to be HUGE for ice
    • Like x 1
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Do you think everything is very bad? in fact, everything is even worse, you have not seen changes for trinkets pets (by the evening I will finish testing and write specific numbers, but now I can say that trinkets pets do less damage on a test server than on a live one (though the damage is more stable .. .but less ... though there is a beautiful additional animation .. but the damage is less .... though all new pets do about the same damage ... but the damage is less;););) ... okay I will not torment, the damage is less by about 11% ...
    • Like x 1
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

True, I guess I can see that having potential.
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well that's just ducky. Ok, new plan for the day these go live:

Gets on sorcery main, deletes it
    Gets on rage alt, deletes it
    Gets on celestial main, still barely uses it

Creates new gadgets toon and uses trans/amulet/scrap and puts neo venom in. Like the majority of the playerbase. Gonna be real hard finding any tanks and healers soon me thinks

In the end tho, this really doesn't change much. 90% of supercharges were meh. Now 90% of supercharges are more meh.
    • Like x 1
  19. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Devs don't play this game and it's affecting our community. We spend months, years grinding our characters just to be manipulated by folks who only take little feedback because most of he community isn't even active on the forums, so most voices don't even get heard. We just have to play through these obstacles and understand Devs will be a litle toxic about changes because theres no meta behind it.

I feel sorry for everyone who spent money on scrap....I grinded for Eye of Gemini, I'm going to still run it of course...but this isn't news we needed. We've been patient enough.
    • Like x 5
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I'll wait until testing is done to further voice my opinion but from the looks of this, it sounds awful. I will say for starters I'm not really a negative person and always look on the positive side of things but the game is so inconsistent. We had Gemeni spam and then people complained it was being exploited. They nerfed it after people probably spent money to level them , and now we wre back to square one with the Gemeni spam. I'm just at a loss of words because I have no idea what direction this game is trying to head in and quite frankly, I don't think the developers know either. No disrespect, but like I said, the backlash will be there if the results or bad. And that will speak for itself.

Also cant wait to use Neo Venom Boost on all my dps loadouts! /s
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.