This is what you call BALANCING POWERS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xFLASHo, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xFLASHo New Player

I'm just wondering how CB can get nerfed so much but berserk was barely touched. I think a damage reduction of 25 percent is way too high. I agree that CB was strong but 25% damage reduction is too much IMO
    • Like x 6
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

gadgets the most meta used power in this game got its supercharges buffed...yikes

Why did the supers on this power need to be buffed again? The power itself already has clear advantages over every power in the game. Being the The only power with a clippable 3 second pet and having stealth with a extra loadout to store multiple supercharges inside it wasn’t enough?

I don’t get it.. more power to the gadgets players though. Salute
    • Like x 4
  3. TheEnquirer Active Player

Gadgets will have to be monitored. A buffed might supercharge with full stacks from Amulet might be dangerous. We'll see, a lot of numbers were either increased or decreased, let's wait till test before making these posts.
    • Like x 1
  4. xFLASHo New Player

I agree. they buffed the best dps power in the game rn. I hope this Circuit Breaker nerf is looked at again. 25% is bat **** crazy. They had no reason to nerf ice, quantum, fire, water and earth like that either. Minor nerfs are ok but they're destroying the powers as a whole. Buffing the already OP and nerfing others. Elec is definitely up there in damage but jeez, do they want to make the power not usable? lol
    • Like x 1
  5. Godtr0n Active Player

Honestly reading thoss balance notes as admittedly inexperienced as I am with some of those powers just reads a big nerf. Its a little offputting. Like just making a lot of supercharge a lot less super. I mean, I am surprised to see supercharge being balanced at all in such an wildly unbalanced game.

It is sad to read that basically 4 of your chars supercharges are all receiving pretty substantial damage reductions.

These changes just nerf a bunch of our dps characters damage. Thats all I read. Less damage on multiple different powersets.

Yeah ok they buffed some but I dont use any of those.
    • Like x 2
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah as a fire main it looks like it is back to neo venom with the heavy nerf to barrage. Never like Calamity but we will see i guess
  7. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Seriously what are you thinking with this update?? Oh wait, it’s 100% artifact driven.

This is by far one of the worst attempts at balancing powers I’ve seen in the last 10 years.

How are you gonna nerf struggling powers and buff top tier powers like Gadgets?

This feels like a gigantic F-U to the player base.

Go back to the drawing board, Devs. Because this update ain’t it, Chief
    • Like x 13
  8. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

It's very strange and really call into question if they really understood what powers were struggling and what needed to be balanced. I do trust that the player base will go deep into testing the changes and can give good feed back. Remember that these changes haven't hit live yet.
  9. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    This is what happens when devs neither play nor test themselves.

And I have about 13% confidence in the players to properly test. Oh no this power hits way to hard... yeah right.
    • Like x 3
  10. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

You will always have some that have a personal agenda and just want their favorite power to be top, but you do have some level headed players that want true balance for all power sets. It really just come down to the devs listening to the right ones.
    • Like x 7
  11. Proxystar #Perception

If we're going to talk about the elephant in the room, being gadgets, perhaps we should address it by stating the obvious.

It has a pet power being used to clip everything that doesn't operate like any other pet summon power in the game...

[IMG]

Alright I'm outta here before the gadgets players arrive.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The changes on test aren’t a power balance. They’re a supercharge balance.
    • Like x 5
  13. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Devs: Oh hey, Drew. Good news! We know you love electricity so we changed circuit breaker; it'll last 7 seconds longer!
    Drew: Oh wow! No way! That's exciting! With my level 200 Scrap of the Soul Cloak lowering 30 second cooldowns to 23.25 seconds, I can almost keep circuit breaker up constantly! I'll be doing so much damage.
    Devs: No... It'll be 31% less effective.
    Drew: Oh... What was the good news then?
    Devs: Didn't like that? Okay, the even better news is that Megavolt is getting a change!
    Drew: OMG! No way! It'll finally be useful! I can't wait to try it out! I'll just throw it with my level 200 Eye of Gemini and rake in the damage-
    Devs: It's getting a 14% debuff.
    Drew: Oh... well, son of a ... Did I miss the good news?
    Devs: You sure did, silly. Supercharges are balanced now!
    Drew.: ........ At least neo venom b-
    Devs: That's getting a debuff, too! It was doing 2% too much damage, but not anymore. Not on our watch.
    Drew: But what about the level 200 artifacts I purchased to use these supercharges?
    Devs: Change is just part of the game. Now we have balance!

- Maybe there is balance now, but from now on it'll be their wallets taking the hit as I won't make the mistake of spending on artifacts again.
    • Like x 11
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

This is for supercharges for the dps role this doesn't hit powers at all yet. Things will still be crazy if not even more crazy op till they get to powers later on. Something tells me we are getting a power/weapon and artifact revamp after this happens. Once supercharges are handled. I just don't see them leaving pvp or pve this boring when Ps5 patch hits. I think the idea is to bring the fun back to the game like it once had
  15. possessed New Player

I personally can't wait, I want all support roles to spam eye of the gemini 15second supers, so our supercharge bars are full and we can spam even more dps supers!
  16. AV Loyal Player

You actually wouldn't, because if this gets passed then everything that isn't a 10k or a buff becomes effectively worthless.
    • Like x 2
  17. possessed New Player

yup. Sounds to me like mental and gadgets got a secret buff.
  18. AV Loyal Player

It's really just a terrible change for everyone (though some more than others) with few redeeming qualities.
    • Like x 4
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Bunker Buster is cheeks for ST and Asphyxiation gas is even worse. Battle Drone is the troll group shield that did practically nothing for the DPS side and as drastic as it’s buff is, it’s still not viable. Most Gadgets DPS’s run Neo-Venom for ST anyway which, despite a 2% damage decrease, will now be much better for everyone with a 30s cooldown
    • Like x 1
  20. PHNTM Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.

*Checks main characters power* ... Ah makes sense.....

These adjustments just confirm to me that the developers do not play the game at an end-game level. Do a poll and you'll see that the top DPS powers are most likely Gadgets, Mental and then it'd be one of Munitions, Electric, Rage, Earth, HL. Now some of those other powers needed the supercharge to compete with Gadgets or Mental and now they have been nerfed with no negative changes to either Mental or Gadgets.

Great job....
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.