What's reasonable to hope for/expect

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Cryo boy, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I'm not sure when the actual turning point was specifically because after years of playing I took a break around the end of the Titans dlc. Back then it was normal for a dlc to come out and have a new area like titans tower or Atlantis with daily and weekly missions plus a solo to que into, a duo, an alert and two raids. Before this we used to get even more, it wouldn't be uncommon for a dlc to come out with a couple alerts and raids with an elite alert.

Since coming back during BoP and then going into wonderverse Ive been surprised by how little instanced content was in each dlc. I've heard they are thankfully ditching the boss grind time sink in the next dlc and it seems like there has been a longer gap between dlcs than usual (am I imagining that?) So my question to you guys is what are you expecting content wise? If you have no idea what to expect what are you hopeful for?

Me personally I'd love a new duo. That's some of my favorite content though I may be alone there. 2 alerts and 2 raids would really get me excited. Especially if the alerts were on the more challenging side and required a tank when the dlc first drops. And of course a challenging elite raid is a must for me.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm hoping for some OW stuff (maybe bounties, maybe dailies...hopefully no timed rotations x100/75 counts tied to them). As far as instanced stuff, I'd like to see a duo OR solo, alert and either 2 raids with at least 1 of them with an elite version.

I realize this is kind of going back to the 'norm' which 2 years ago we were complaining about as a formula they over used, but after the last 2 DLCs I think 'normal' would be welcome.

Stretch goal would be something like AF3. OW with some busy daily work that could be done solo or banged out quick with a group, a solo...a duo...an alert and 2 Raids with 2 Elite versions. Dare to dream I guess.
    • Like x 5
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Yeah I understand how that formula felt tired at the time but after the boss grind session we just had im ready for it again lol. But that being said if we get the open world dailies, a solo, an alert and a raid ill be pretty sorely disappointed. It doesn't matter how flashy the dlc is I should not log in and be done on my main in a half an hour. 2 alerts with some challenge and a duo would really help and really hoping for 2 good raids
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m so glad they’re ditching the world bosses thing, even if only temporarily. Fighting what are essentially raid bosses day in, day out is a drag. Trying to avoid the attention of enemies that can obliterate you with a funny look doesn’t feel very superheroic. I’ve played survival horror where I’ve felt less helpless than I do running around in the lethal clusterduck that is the first segment of the Validus fight.

It’s all part of the MMO experience, I know. I can live with it once a week on thursday but this is just too much for me. Hopefully when the world bosses return we can get some solo/duo grade bosses, so I can have my power fantasy for most of the week. But I’m probably dreaming there, too.
    • Like x 2
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

You can expect 4 instances and more than half of them having elite versions and one of them having something even... more.
    • Like x 17
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

eyes emoji
  7. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Shockingly direct answer! Sweet thank you!
    • Like x 2
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Getting obliterated by adds in the validus fight is an issue of there being no tank. It’s a poor reflection of the player base as a whole when it’s common for there to be groups of 15-40 people (which, on average, means 4-10 tank powers) and none of them switch to tank role. I can always tell when this is the case in the Cosmic Girl fight as well when I start burning the eyes to remove her shield and they retaliate with the fury of 300 Spartans against me.
    • Like x 4
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Music to my pretty ears ^-^.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I really wish all powers could do all roles sometimes. I’d love to have a tank armoury so I could take the fight to them instead of cowering and running around all the time. Why would anyone not take that opportunity if they had it?! I just don’t understand people.
    • Like x 1
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Agreed. Between the three roles I can play with my two characters, battletanking is by far the most fun when doing bounties.

If you’re a troll power you do have the option of your detaunt shield. Granted, that’s kinda just selfishly passing the buck to the next poor soul on the aggro chart, but then again, it’s not a problem you created. If you’re a healer, you may have the option of the shadow concoction consumables. They’re from tier 3 or 4 and probably for that reason, are hit and miss as far as effectively detaunting enemies in more current content. But it’s worth a try if you can get your hands on a stack or get the R&D plans.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I already troll open world bosses for that very reason. I don’t even join groups anymore now power heals generate hate. But that causes it’s own problems.

Last night, I didn’t have enough health to safely take a spike wave from Validus. So I naturally attempted to roll out the way. But I rolled into an antenna spike, and so I took both and died. Another day, Saturn Girl’s psychic shock yanked me straight into Lightning Lad’s Lightning Balls, and I died. It’s just so frustrating.
  13. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I'm still trying to figure out what this "something even... more" is. What's even more than an Elite version? I thought more people would be speculating ha
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Same. I likely won’t touch whatever it is with a barge pole, but my curiosity is piqued nonetheless. Perhaps something akin to that bonus boss guy in the Age Of Justice raids?
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Nice and very direct response! :)

I hope the something more is either one of two things:

1. RNG/You can choose a variant of the same instance with somewhat different mechanics/feats, similar to the temple solos in Wonderverse.
    2. Something like Ultimate Soldier or Paradox Wave where you can do the raid normally, or do different side bosses together, choosing your difficulty and catering the raid to the raid group.

Maybe something else? I don't know if we are at the point if we are making elite easy-ish and then having hard elite for those who want (an elite version of the elite raid)

Anyway, we can only speculate at this time. Thank you Charon for your hard work and great and direct response.
  16. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Bring EXTRA BOSS! EXTRA BOSS! EXTRA BOSS! Why not make an op collection or something exclusive for beating the extra boss:) (I love make cape;_; I want a hat now:)
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Great to hear that based on that information im expecting 2 elite raids 1 elite alert and the other „even more“ could be a nice surprise.

Considering the good feedback you guys got from the speedflux 10th anniversary raid i hope you will continue going into this direction in the next episode and the episode bracket list hopefully showed you devs that episodes that are currently winning the bracket list such as origin crisis,justice league dark,age of justice had great raids with high diffifuclty.

What i hope to see are the following things:

4-5 real boss fights per Raid to make the raid longer because 10-15 minute elite raids are boring and underwhelming to enjoy for 3-5 months. It should take a lot longer to complete a Elite raid.

Elite raids should be rewarded better.

2 Tanks for atleast 1 boss fight or ideally for most fights per elite raid. I dont see why Elite raids should be completed with 1 Tank only if even regular also only needs 1 Tank despite being x times easyier then Elite,so desiging Elite raids for 2 Tanks will give us a new type of difficulty and give you guys more options to adjust/increase difficulty further on both Tanks. New mechanics where the Tanks need to work together while surviving difficult bosses,elite raids should not mostly be about using 5 DPS and speedrunning through it thats really boring.

Optional Side/sub bosses we can choose to make elite raids longterm difficult (rewards should be higher for doing it this way)
    • Like x 1
  18. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Origin Crisis has forever been my favorite DLC. I thought Titans DLC was good too mostly bc of the difficulty of the Elite raid. Eventually we got it on farm but the last boss of that elite raid took some figuring out and I've got fond memories of that one. The alerts in Origin Crisis are the best in the game not bc of the open world aspect but bc of the difficulty. You could be in those alerts for an hour with a not so great team they weren't 10 minute speed fests
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm hoping that it's just all 1 shots. Like even the adds. The ultimate test haha
  20. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

We gonna see some booster gold action?