Please Stop changing all of DC heros and villians look

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vonhart, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Vonhart New Player

I am one that grew up buying comics(gen x here) and I like the classic look on the hero`s and bad guys. Yes I think that updates is called for in some cases however I don`t like the new look of Capt. Marvel it is to kid looking and some of the lady npc`s go from looking like women to teen age girls wearing diapers its just crazy. So let the hate begin
    • Like x 4
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No "hate" necessary. But I'll be happy to be the first to inform you that in this particular case, what you want will not happen. They will continue updating characters, and they'll be doing so according to WB/DC's wishes in regards to which comic book styles they approve of.
    • Like x 6
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Some of the classic costumes were great but times change and DC gets the final say on how their property looks.
    • Like x 6
  4. Eve YouTuber

No hate? I like the new models better than the old ones. The game moves forward and can't stay in the past forever.
    • Like x 4
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I do wonder what made dc change harlequin’s look to sorta look like a chick that would preform at rock themed bar... really doesnt make sense with her name to me, i mean jokers basically looked somewhat the same for the last 70 years it mad sense for him to look like a clown.. but harleys been around for what 30ish years now and they have her running around in booty shorts and a shrunk up tee n some very poorly did makeup to the point it kinda looks dumb.. im surprised this look is accepted by women tbh she doesnt even look like a super hero or whatever she is these days isnt she a good guy now? She looks like she looks like she went to a rock concert wearing her little sisters cloths and did her face makeup in the rear view window while driving...

Every other character looks pretty good to me
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I get where you're coming from but you should get used to it by now I mean they change looks and costumes all the time in the comics.
    Besides, some of those models were very dated, not necessarily the outfit but the whole texture and stuff.

I don't always agree with their updated designs however, like Mera and Diana's face aren't the best for example but overall, they've done pretty good. I am just glad they're basing it off Rebirth era where it's somewhat modern but has classical aspects to it and not the New 52 mess! (with the exception of Aquaman/JLD titles)
    • Like x 6
  7. Wildcat Committed Player

cant wait to see updated green arrow.. martian.. batgirl and more..
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Caroline Dedicated Player

You sound like DCUO went through thousands of skin changes, which is really not the case. They barely updated some and have a long way to go.
    • Like x 3
  9. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I'm on the fence on some. While I really like Donna's new outfit (and the Dystopian Amazon style is my favourite now), I'm a bit weirded out at what a grumpy butterface she's been given. Wonder Woman too, but I don't care for the outfit.
    Poison Ivy looks super cute now, I adore her. Harley Quinn looks meh, and seeing her talk with that grin looks just ******** to be honest.

Guess it could be that the old, rather featureless versions gave more room to imagination, which they did or did not fulfill for different players as they updated them.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I wonder what they would do with Cassandra Cain since she isn't Batgirl anymore? Rename that NPC to Orphan? Replace her model with Barbara Gordon's Batgirl? But then what would they do with Oracle?

This is Cassandra Cain's current look as Orphan.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Cassandra Cain's current look is this:
    She is currently one of the Batgirls.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oh good! I was hoping Stephanie would make a comeback.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wait, this is their looks in Future State. I don't think this counts since Future State is an event that takes place in a possible future.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They've said in the past that they've got a little more freedom to use character looks due to DCUO being its own little corner of the DC multiverse, so if that still holds true it might not be outside the realm of possibility for them to be able to use Future State looks for the game characters.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

True but I think the art team would use those particular looks specifically for a Future State episode or event. Infinite Frontier is coming next month and they called it a relaunch so I'm assuming that will be the new main continuity replacing Rebirth? That will probably come with all new or refurbished character appearances.
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In the supergirl series Martian Mahunter has already had an update which I find frankly successful ;)
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Vision wore a Halloween costume of his original costume in a recent episode of WandaVision. While it was a super cool throwback nod to the days of old in concept, in terms of it’s potential for being an actual visual design of his character, it was downright silly looking.
  18. Vonhart New Player

For example, Capt. Marvel (Shazam) been one of my favs since a young boy. I mean I watched the tv show back in the 70`s wasn`t great but for a young boy I was amazed. So The change of him as Npc doesn`t quite install fear into any villain nor pump any hero up. Looks skinny and the grey in the hair doesn`t really work, I mean you are Magics Champ, imo could take out Superman but here in the now he doesn`t look like he couldn`t curl a 6 pack. Starfire looks like she wearing a diaper, Raven goes from looking like a woman to a young tween. Best update I`ve seen was Dr. Fate , rest look like all the outfits made from scales or got to have lines in them, ie Flash his sleek all red looked great now all lines in it. and Future state outfits are awful.
  19. Eve YouTuber

Shazam is technically a child, I don't think he ever meant to look scary.
    All these outfits are based on Rebirth. Raven is younger in Rebirth. Pretty much as young as she was in the Teen Tians show.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I think at the end of the day, most of us are fine with or don't really mind the changes. I doubt they will change them back, but who knows they might remodel them again in the future. Changing the models is part of updating the game graphics, to make it look modern and more engaging. But at the end of the day it doesn't effect our gameplay, just our experience in the world. And It's really minor in my eyes. But each to their own^^
  20. Vonhart New Player

YES, I`ve missed most of that, last comic I got was back in Crisis in the 80`S until a few months ago, so I am catching up. I know Shazam was Billy, but its not Billy I am interacting with when I getting a mission but rather Capt. Marvel so I`d expect to see an all inspiring figure there when it comes to him. As far as Raven yes I missed that whole era where she was a young girl and I know we don`t want to objectify female counter parts so changes are needed in that regard, just I like some of the old better is all
    • Like x 1