What i would like to see for a supercharge balance pass

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cyro, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Cyro Committed Player

I know some of this will piss off a lot of people but in my opinion all things sc has massively unbalanced this game indirectly or indirectly like shield penetration mechanics and 100 percent supers for healers so this is what i think would help balance the game and make supers more worth while using. As far as i'm aware no dev has confirmed a supercharge pass but it seems like every player is talking about it so these are changes i would like to see - i am fully aware most aren't doable work hour wise but it's something to think about.

General/Artifact

- Get rid of everyones supercharge when everyone warps into content
    --People building up super before they q in just to drop it on the first boss is devalues the supercharge artifacts and it makes sc harder to balance, think about it they don't want to make sc or finishers too powerful because they don't want people dropping a big hitting 100 then switching out. No sc upon entering in content would mean we could get supers that are a little more super

Adjust supercharge gain rate
    -- Tweak the formula so sc takes longer to build but also reduce the supercharge cost slightly then tweak the strength of each sc

- Increase the rate of supercharge regen from scap
    -- Reducing the rate sc builds but also increasing the strength of scrap would help encourage people to be a 100% super build

- Reduce the rate of supercharge eye of gemini gives to other people
    -- Eye would still give the same amount of sc back to the person that used it or even increase it but everyone else in the circle gets say 1.5% instead of 3% This would help reduce the green cheese and it would encourage other types of builds
    --- Counter offer to the above, instead of doing a flat reduce eye could be changed so the percent of the sc reflects the amount of sc given that way people are at least no longer running with two usless but cheap supers

- Reduce the amount of castor's watches eye gives
    -- There is no reason why people are running two cheap SCs change eye so you can only use it once in a certain time frame

- Adjust the strength of the white head mods
    -- Have their strength be a little more exponential so a cheap sc will give the player back less sc but a high cost one will give more

- Have more options for supercharges of different amounts
    -- For the most part we choose between a 50% or 100% well i would love to see more options, cheap supercharges that can be used often with a lower cooldown rate but are weaker and more of things in between. I would love to see healer supercharges that are say 25% that can be used often but are weaker this would help create more types of builds and more variation in loadouts.
    -- I'm well aware that for the most part this isn't something that can be done anytime soon but a few devs have talked about adding new abilities to the power and iconics so sometime down the road it would be nice to have

- Reduce the strength of moment mode supercharges that gives the player a shield
    -- There is a reason these powers are a go to for tanks, they are cheap and very effective too effective in my opinion, i would like to see them nerfed maybe like how i described above or in some way to encourage different supercharges for tanks.

- Tweak the strength of most of the Scs
    -- Almost felt like that went without saying but someone may bring it up/

- Adjust Rage's vindictive
    -- So in the AM days this was a better supercharge just very situational nowadays it belongs in the trash bin.
    Adjust vindictive so it migates 100% of damage while active(rage mode is only 75% if i'm not mistake) This would make vindictive more of an oh s**t moment. If the devs/players think that would be too unbalanced you could reduce it to like 85% and increase healing received or something, i think you can only have vindictive up for like 7 seconds before running out of super so i think it would be balanced.

-Adjust Rage's infuriate similar to celestials supercharges this one needs to pick a lane, is it a dps super or tank? Pick a lane or buff it when it the respectful role(more healing in tank role but less crits and more crits in dps but less healing). Right now it's one of the many SC that are in a weird inbetween place

- Give earth a new tank supercharge maybe?
    -- This will prob be even more of a long shot than everything else but it would be nice to have a SC for earth that buffs the strength of brick and increasing the amount of damage transferred. I feel like this would be easy to make just use the anger animation(rages rage mode animation) and some rocks fly off of you, this would help brick tanking raids with a lot of environmental damage.

- Give celestial a full damage supercharge
    -- Celestial's damage supercharges in dps role give reducing healing and dps along with range issues meaning that their Sc's are a bit bottom of the barrel so change one of the supers to be full dps or add a new sc for cele - i know Fatal Star and Charmed legacy requested a supercharge version of consecrated ground but in purple that would be nice to see.

- Give celestial a cheaper pure healing supercharge
    -- Again same issue with dps the supercharges do reduced damage, heal, and range issues making them kinda useless, some may disagree on how useless they are but we can all agree they need a buff so change cursed idol or hungry hungry celestial(forget the name) to a pure healing SC and the other Dps

- Tweak electricity's invigorate
    -- Pre stats days the very few of us that were elec never used it and post stats still no one uses it so it needs to be adjusted, i purpose it should be changed to a cheap 25% with a short cooldown so it can be a quick way to make sure everyone in group has safety news and to give a weak but decent length hot or changing it to a 50% or even a 35%. I know one thing for sure as long as it has the same cost as group transducer it will always be the second choice

- Give nature a new supercharge
    -- People have been begging for an 8 man shield and before people say its what makes nature unique the devs said that about tank powers now every tank has a ranged group pull and a shield so that are obviously beyond done with keeping specific things away from certain powers to make them unique in their role.
    -- I think nature should get an 8 man shield but make it a semi shield or partial shield whatever you would like to call a shield that shields only a portion of damage this would help out nature/ balance out the powers and keep more true to nature as a whole like what was done ti fire shield. If shields do get a reduction in duration i'd like to see natures shield last longer but it would only shield 35-50% of damage taken.

- Nature's regeneration
    -- Turn it into a shield or make it a cheap but quick SC, i have never heard a nature say use regeneration and thats because it's in too awkward of a place so make it quick spammer or change it to a shield but do something

Nature's Bug form ( i have no experience with nature might but i'm sure what i'm saying applies)
    - I know nature was just changed but in my opinion bug form needs another change to one of the following
    *Increase crits and critd duration

*Make this a cheap spammer with reduced crits(obviously this isn't going to happen if eye doesn't change)

* Make it an expensive super like 75% or 100%(less ideal) but increase the crits and duration so the buffs last a long time like 30-45 seconds but give it a longer cooldown that starts once you leave bug form this combined with the huge cost would make it balance - at least i think so

*Make it no longer a sc reduce the buffs slightly but make them permanent then increase power cost so higher crits in exchange for higher power usage

*Copy trans artifact and give increased crits but with reduced healing while making the change permanent. Personally id rather bug form be something
    -- Personally i think bug form should be something you pop in and out of many time in a raid or a trade off with buffs/debuffs

- Compensate people for the change in scap and eye
    People are going to complain and whine and to be fair they are kind of justified so compensate people for the change. I figure the easiest way would be to reset everyones to zero then give people renown, cats, and seals for how high they had them. This would help reduce the bickering, be fair to the players, and earn some brownie points for the devs.

- Tweak artifacts to give less stats
    -- Off topic i know but we need a balance pass for stats. Reduce the amount of stats artifacts give and increase the amount SP give, for example with 200 sp speced in one tree start giving percent boasts again for every 10 skill points after 200 we get 2% and the final skill point giving an extra 10%. Every dlc you would of course more the 10% to the new max currently its 285 but next dlc 295, this will help make skill points more valuable and worth while and reward players for completing a tree it will also help the game feel a little less pay to win

Trolls

- Get rid of the shield on the power dump SC,
    -- Trolls shouldn't be better at mitigating damage than healers it doesn't make sense that trolls have a shield for 50% and healers have 100%. I know people will bring up atomics super but that is something unique to that tank power

-Give trolls the ability to give greens with eye of gemini(castors watch).
    -- I know i'm going to get a lot of hate for this but hear me out switch the effect of gemini for trolls and healers so trolls get greens healers get orange(?) The devs have made it pretty clear that trolls are also responsible for buffing the group along with debuff/power so why is it that a healer with a green build can buff the group far more than a troll with claw? The current meta is healers running greens so dps can build sc quicker and smash through content without having to worry about mechanics too much, In elite healers are expected to been green machines and if your not you could get a kick not only is that annoying but cheesing an artifact to blow through content cheapens the content and reduces the challenge. We shouldn't get through content because of dps comping and that is what the eye creates.

-Change that one healing supercharge that gives just the troll a heal and shield
    -- So if people actually use this correct me because if they do i wouldn't want it to be changed but as far as i'm aware no one uses those SCs so if the majority of people have no complains can that super be changed to something like a weapon buff or a boast in debuff power or even a self buff to increase the duration of stuns(that one i will admit is a bit of a reach).

- At some point make trolls power dump SC more unique
    -- Some point down the road like when need abilities get added id love to see each troll SC be different to add a unique flair to each troll some ideas i have:

*Munitions - calling down air support drops ammo cases(like the one in age of justice) scatter around the map, be nearing one gives a stat boast or a buff to your respective role
    Munitions - being a solider you were trained in basic field medic procedures increase healing received
    *Munitions - Static damage buff

*Mental - For each enemy that is panicked give increased pot to the group
    *Mental - enemies defenses are further debuffed causing them to take more damage

*Quantum - Destabilize your enemies causing stuns to last longer
    *Quantum - fold spam time causing a small percentage of damage each player does to be reapplied after a short duration
    *Quantum - strongly increase strength of healing debuff along with increasing healing received(heal debuff isn't used often so they would need more incentive

*Hard Light - Increase will power of allies by buffing their roles/Feed on the fear of your enemies by increasing damage dealt and buffing allies(same thing but different wording for green and yellow
    *Hard Light - Jack of all trades troll gives a small increase to the strength of all debuffs
    *Hard Light - The one troll that keeps their shield but its weaker
    I had a bit trouble thinking of eyes for HL so if anyone knows the lore better and has some ideas post them

*Gadgets aka the only troll that boasted pets - bring back powering pets and or buffing pets
    *Gadgets - boast the strength of everyones trinket pets, orbitals, supply drops
    *Gadgets - Drop single supply drop balls along the field that gives a random buff for a certain duration(can stack so you can get multiple buffs)

Like i said sometime down the line would be nice i don't expect anything in the next year
    Healers

- Reduce the cost of healers supercharges
    -- Honestly 100% supercharges are annoying it sucks sitting on a full bar of super waiting for the right time to cast your super it takes a bit of the fun out of using the super.

- Reduce all healers shields even SC healer shields to 6 seconds
    -- When stats first hit the scene shields were all the rage their abundance of use plus healers spamming SC shields has caused shields to be nerfed down to a piteful state we have mechanics that bypass shields all together making them kinda useless/ annoying to use i can't do my job at preventing damage because my shield doesn't do anything. Reduce the length the shields are active for and maybe even reduce the strength so we can go back to content without shield penetration, healers and tanks of the game will thank you for it especially water
    • Like x 1
  2. Cyro Committed Player

Tanks

-Reduce tank shield duration but make them slightly stronger to compensate
    -- Anyone else feel like 12 seconds is too long for a shield? Strong shields, long duration, and manacles helped create penetration mechanics , if we could get a choice between wimpier shields and no or almost no penetration mechanics i think most people will pick whimpy shields over strong ones with mechanics that just takes a percent of your health regardless of health, shield, defense, and damage transfer - that are the most annoying part of being a tank and it makes grinding for sp and top gear less worth it.

I know people are going to hate what i suggested but i think the game needs some form of it, think back, remember the goals of stats matter? Two of the main goals were stats matter with skill pointing actually having an impact and no more one shots (except for the uber bads like darkseid and zeus) does anyone feel like we still have that? We had it when stats first came out but thanks to artifacts the game has become unbalanced so the devs added more one shots and attacks that just take a percent of our health ignoring our characters one of the main causes is shields, supercharges, and quite frankly a few poorly though out artifacts. We are basically back to AM days with only a handful of approve artifact combos and loadouts, i know it's hard to hear but some form of supercharge, shield, artifact tweaks needs to happen not only to help balance things but also we are getting too powerful, everyone has huge health bars, healers if speced right don't need any power from trolls we need a balance pass at the very least on shields and all thing super if not all arts

I also know that some of what i said is a little extreme/ not doable or not doable anytime soon but i honestly believe that super regen, supercharge strength, eye/genimi, and shields all need to be tweaked to some degree

P.S - Sorry if any of this is difficult to follow/confusing i have ADHD so i can be a bit jumbled trying to get my point across i also took adderal which makes me ramble XD. If anyone needs a clarification on something feel free to ask :)
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Batuba did confirm a damage SC pass was on the horizon, since his departure I'm not sure how far into the project they got or if they even started. I do know they've been building a list for his replacement, hope they remember to put SCs on the list.

General/Artifact
    - Get rid of everyones supercharge when everyone warps into content <-totally against this.
    --People building up super before they q in just to drop it on the first boss is devalues the supercharge artifacts and it makes sc harder to balance, think about it they don't want to make sc or finishers too powerful because they don't want people dropping a big hitting 100 then switching out. No sc upon entering in content would mean we could get supers that are a little more super
    No offense but this is the worst idea. For one, all roles and not just Damage use SCs. Everyone currently has the freedom to build SC how/whenever they choose. It is already extremely frustrating to build your SC up and have it lost upon a game/system crash. A change like this would also fly in the face of the Wonderverse consumable that gives full SC while in Wonderverse content.
    - Increase the rate of supercharge regen from scap
    -- Reducing the rate sc builds but also increasing the strength of scrap would help encourage people to be a 100% super build

- Reduce the rate of supercharge eye of gemini gives to other people
    -- Eye would still give the same amount of sc back to the person that used it or even increase it but everyone else in the circle gets say 1.5% instead of 3% This would help reduce the green cheese and it would encourage other types of builds
    --- Counter offer to the above, instead of doing a flat reduce eye could be changed so the percent of the sc reflects the amount of sc given that way people are at least no longer running with two usless but cheap supers

- Reduce the amount of castor's watches eye gives
    -- There is no reason why people are running two cheap SCs change eye so you can only use it once in a certain time frame
    Remember the backlash from Venom Wrist Dispenser and Solar Amplifier? And those were just bug fixes, imagine the fallout of intentionally changing the mechanics someone spent money on.

- Reduce the strength of moment mode supercharges that gives the player a shield
    -- There is a reason these powers are a go to for tanks, they are cheap and very effective too effective in my opinion, i would like to see them nerfed maybe like how i described above or in some way to encourage different supercharges for tanks.
    I disagree as those movement abilities are situational and you have to spend at least 1 SP to obtain it. And when you compare the BSM of movement SC shields to the BSM of Tank SC shield's you will see that movement falls far behind.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/all-base-shield-multipliers-ranked.307236/

-- I think nature should get an 8 man shield but make it a semi shield or partial shield whatever you would like to call a shield that shields only a portion of damage this would help out nature/ balance out the powers and keep more true to nature as a whole like what was done ti fire shield. If shields do get a reduction in duration i'd like to see natures shield last longer but it would only shield 35% of damage taken. <-this is fair in my opinion.

Nature's Bug form ( i have no experience with nature might but i'm sure what i'm saying applies)
    - I know nature was just changed but in my opinion bug form needs another change to one of the following
    *Increase crits and critd duration
    Last summer they changed the SC cooldown and cost, and the buff was extended from 13 seconds to 15 seconds. You get a 15% buff to Critical Healing Chance, 30% buff to Critical Healing Magnitude and a 10% Healing Bonus. Anymore increases and it would make running Insectoid Form mandatory.

*Make this a cheap spammer with reduced crits(obviously this isn't going to happen if eye doesn't change)
    It was a cheap spammer before, that's why Nature SCs were adjusted and not Eye of Gemini.

*Make it no longer a sc reduce the buffs slightly but make them permanent then increase power cost so higher crits in exchange for higher power usage <Wolf and Insect should have never been made into SCs in the first place so I support this.

- Compensate people for the change in scap and eye
    People are going to complain and whine and to be fair they are kind of justified so compensate people for the change. I figure the easiest way would be to reset everyones to zero then give people renown, cats, and seals for how high they had them. This would help reduce the bickering, be fair to the players, and earn some brownie points for the devs. <-No no no.

Trolls

- Get rid of the shield on the power dump SC,
    -- Trolls shouldn't be better at mitigating damage than healers it doesn't make sense that trolls have a shield for 50% and healers have 100%. I know people will bring up atomics super but that is something unique to that tank power
    They're not, Controller shields are the worst shields in the game. No Controller is mitigating damage better than a Healer or Tank.

-Give trolls the ability to give greens with eye of gemini(castors watch).
    -- I know i'm going to get a lot of hate for this but hear me out switch the effect of gemini for trolls and healers so trolls get greens healers get orange(?) The devs have made it pretty clear that trolls are also responsible for buffing the group along with debuff/power so why is it that a healer with a green build can buff the group far more than a troll with claw? The current meta is healers running greens so dps can build sc quicker and smash through content without having to worry about mechanics too much, In elite healers are expected to been green machines and if your not you could get a kick not only is that annoying but cheesing an artifact to blow through content cheapens the content and reduces the challenge. We shouldn't get through content because of dps comping and that is what the eye creates.
    No Controller is running Eye of Gemini anyway so a change like this would be highly unnecessary.

-Change that one healing supercharge that gives just the troll a heal and shield
    -- So if people actually use this correct me because if they do i wouldn't want it to be changed but as far as i'm aware no one uses those SCs so if the majority of people have no complains can that super be changed to something like a weapon buff or a boast in debuff power or even a self buff to increase the duration of stuns(that one i will admit is a bit of a reach).
    Abilities like this are more for individual survival in solo content, something like this wouldn't be used in group content.

Tanks

Strong shields, long duration, and manacles helped create penetration mechanics. <no it didn't, we've had mechanics that ignored shields since before the revamp. Adjusting shield strength/duration isn't going to make penetration mechanics go away and it's not going to stop them from making more. Each boss has their own strategy it's up to the Tank to know how to prepare for each fight.
    • Like x 2
  4. Cyro Committed Player

No idea how to do that snip thing.

Batuba did confirm a damage SC pass was on the horizon, since his departure I'm not sure how far into the project they got or if they even started. I do know they've been building a list for his replacement, hope they remember to put SCs on the list.

That's disappointing if its just dps, like its something but i was hoping all supers would be tweaked.

No offense but this is the worst idea. For one, all roles and not just Damage use SCs. Everyone currently has the freedom to build SC how/whenever they choose. It is already extremely frustrating to build your SC up and have it lost upon a game/system crash. A change like this would also fly in the face of the Wonderverse consumable that gives full SC while in Wonderverse content.
    Would it be so bad, i know people love their supers but would it really be a big deal if everyone starts at 0? It would add an extra layer of challenge to content which i am all for and i think it would help with balancing. I haven't played much of wonderverse so i won't comment on the consumable. To be honest with everything i posted i'm surprised this is the most hated

Remember the backlash from Venom Wrist Dispenser and Solar Amplifier? And those were just bug fixes, imagine the fallout of intentionally changing the mechanics someone spent money on.
    Oh I remember which is why i said i except a lot of backlash, yea it sucks having something change that you worked on but i think it would be in the best interest for the game in the long run to adjust them. The devs are aiming to make this game last another 10 years do people really think none of the artifacts will be adjusted and tweaked in that time? I think it will happen sooner or later and quite frankly i'd rather they rip the band aid off right now.

I disagree as those movement abilities are situational and you have to spend at least 1 SP to obtain it. And when you compare the BSM of movement SC shields to the BSM of Tank SC shield's you will see that movement falls far behind.
    1 skill point doesn't mean much when people have over 500 hell even buying out that whole tree means very little when you consider how much sp end game players have. I will admit it has been awhile since I have tanked but i still feel like the shield itself needs to be tweaked in some shape or form.

Last summer they changed the SC cooldown and cost, and the buff was extended from 13 seconds to 15 seconds. You get a 15% buff to Critical Healing Chance, 30% buff to Critical Healing Magnitude and a 10% Healing Bonus. Anymore increases and it would make running Insectoid Form mandatory.
    I know, i thought i put a disclaimer on that part saying i would only be ok with this if other aspects of Supercharge/artifacts are changed, no i would not want it back to the way it was but if eye wasn't as powerful and you nerf what the super was i would be ok with it. Probably should have made that clearer i apologize

<Wolf and Insect should have never been made into SCs in the first place so I support this.
    This is the one i like most to be honest i had originally written in brackets "my preference" by it but i decided against it. I like the idea of the forms being a choice with some benefits and some drawbacks but i don't want to go back to the days of AM nature healing when the bug was mandatory.

I think nature should get an 8 man shield but it would only shield 35% of damage taken.
    <-this is fair in my opinion.
    I had originally thought of making natures supercharge shield unique by having a bunch of weak semi shields stacked on top of each other and as you took damage the shields would break so meaning the more of the shield layers fall off the more damage you take. Say each shield prevents 10% damage and each shield could only take say 10k damage the nature healer would place 10 shields on everyone so at first everyone would take no damage but one by one as more damage came in you would take more damage.
    I scraped that idea because i figure it would be too hard and take too much time to make, would be cool though.

They're not, Controller shields are the worst shields in the game. No Controller is mitigating damage better than a Healer or Tank.
    They may not be as good as other shields but they are something a troll can spam nearly effortlessly considering most trolls run with their supercharge generator and if you have healer(s) spamming greens then they can use it whenever its off cooldown and thats the real problem it's not that they have a 8 man shield it's that they can use it so often that is my complain....that i didn't go into detail about my bad. If it was a more expensive supercharge it wouldn't be so bad.

No Controller is running Eye of Gemini anyway so a change like this would be highly unnecessary.
    I understand where you are coming from but no healers were running pheromone bloom before eye either, the point of artifacts is to change playstyles and i think it would be better that trolls give greens over healers. I understand you are against changing the artifacts for the simple fact that everyone will complain but if they don't complain about this they would find something else to moan about. Trolls are supposed to support the group by debuffing, giving power, stunning, and buffing the group so why is it that healers get greens instead of trolls. I will admit i haven't done the math but i'm pretty sure a healer spamming greens buffs the groups damage more than claw and thats the issue when another role can do your job better than you can.

Abilities like this are more for individual survival in solo content, something like this wouldn't be used in group content.
    Oh i know that's what they are designed for i'm just curious if anyone actually uses them because if the majority of the population doesn't use it shouldn't it be adjusted to be useful?

<no it didn't, we've had mechanics that ignored shields since before the revamp. Adjusting shield strength/duration isn't going to make penetration mechanics go away and it's not going to stop them from making more. Each boss has their own strategy it's up to the Tank to know how to prepare for each fight.
    Back in AM days we were also unbalanced so they had to do things to make it a challenge. As far as i am aware and i could be wrong but when stats first hit we didn't really have penetration mechanics or at the very least they weren't that common. Artifacts have made us harder to kill so as a result they have had to add mechanics to combat that in my opinion and people that I have talked to about this share the same sentiment and i do, these mechanics make the game less enjoyable. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't as common but it seems to be very common place and it devalues the work someone puts into their character if someone new to the game with less sp and artifacts would take the same damage. At some point this type of mechanic has become more common place the exact cause we will likely never know but what i do know is we are harder to kill... sorry "knockout" with artifacts i would honestly love to see a nerf to almost every single artifact so that we can move away from this type of mechanics but i figured asking for a nerf of eye is one thing, asking for a nerf of nearly every last artifact would cause people to riot. I do think some degree of balance pass will occur, 10 years is a long time i would just rather it be now instead of down the road when people are even more complacent with their artifacts.
    Honestly thanks for taking the time to read whatever amount you did, it started off as a desire to see eye changed and snowballed from there to be a bloated rambling mess, i still stand by what i said i could have just done it in a better way. As soon as i posted it i kinda regretted it XD should have spaced all that out in different bite sized posts instead of dumping it all in one thread - oh well.

5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I can't agree with supers going away on entry either. Also can't agree with changing how EoG works because people spent real life money on it because of what it does. Making it perform less is not an option now. If they start degrading how artis work then why put any money into any of them? I hope supers get some changes especially any 10k super shields because wow what a waste of a power as is.
    • Like x 4
  6. Terremor New Player

how about .... no?
    • Like x 2
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Building super just to drop on first boss??? Try on the first adds. SC on hallways adds...imagine. #SweatyLife
    • Like x 2
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

effective life
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’m not sure how much effectiveness is needed to clear some hallway adds, but sure, lol.
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I rather run with thirsty players, then ones that's ok with being average.
    • Like x 1
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

There are definitely more options than just thirsty and average. Many times those “thirsty” players didn’t have their SC’s, trinkets, etc back off cooldown when the first wave of adds spawned in the Grail fight, Shadow Trigon fight, Lady Blackhawk fight, etc. “Save my SC?!?!? You must be drunk!!” And that’s why those thirsty players wiped over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over before eventually blaming the tank who then blames the healer. Eventually, the group manages to do ONE thing successfully together...disband

And next up on the WipeFest2020 stage, give a big round of applause for the newest group of sweat soaked DPS’s who aren’t gonna beat anything and spend 10 minutes bragging about the Scoreboard from a disbanded instance!!!

#BurnSmarterNotHarder
    • Like x 1
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

That sounds ruff, Honestly I've never had that issue in Dc ever, When struggle happens mostly its cause burn is cheeks or pick ups/mechanics is not being done.
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

When the SC balance happens, Gadgets will see a nerf.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I rarely have the issue as well because I avoid pugging and tend to run with the league. But every once in a while one of the homies sends that purp cause they’re in or built a struggle run group and I try and be as helpful as possible.

To an extent, in certain circumstances, you’re correct, it’s mechanics, one of which is having the ability and knowing when to create burn spikes. When DPS’s just burn pedal to the metal start to finish, they often handicap their own ability to spike their burn at appropriate times. On top of that, pedal to the metal DPSing like that is just kinda simplistic and boring.

I suppose you could always eliminate having to utilize strategy and just have a bunch of Gadgets DPS’s running Smooshy’s loadout (with that power respec token already on hand for the next nerf and FotM craze) while sitting in an eog spam being buffed by a troll. But again, simple and boring IMO.
    • Like x 1