Resurgence Mega Capsule end?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUOguy11, Feb 22, 2021.

1. DCUOguy11 New Player

When do they stop dropping?

Any reason why the news article does not have this info? Seems pretty basic.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It ends with the next Time Capsule's launch, which isn't locked in yet.
    • Like x 8
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

When that's figured out, please give us a week or 10 days notice, not 1 or 2 days. I always try to get a few last minute ones stocked up in case in those 14 days before they expire I decide to go crazy and buy some stabilizers, or can build up one more set of 7 and crack one more open before they vanish.

I typically will delete or sell them as they do take up a lot of space in the meantime.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Please could we possibly get a ~12 hour notice prior to the new capsules going live. I just love surprises. :D
    • Like x 1
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I like the fact that the resurgence capsule gives you one of 3 choices one being a material.
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Hmm we gonna get a Thomas wayne batsuit?
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

The time line has never been announced but it's been pretty consistent at 28-29 days for all except for #5 which was 71 days. I would suspect this one will go over 30 to around 4-45, as it's listed as until March and usually a new TC drops a couple of weeks at the most before new content.

Also remember you can keep them in your inventory until they expire which extends after the drop period, so if you're hoping to get more you can usually grind out enough stabs for at least one more after they stop dropping.

BTW Mepps on the official page for capsules for some reason it lists the first Resurgence as #2

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/guides/time-capsules-items-keys-how-to-dcuo-2016
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

9. tukuan Devoted Player

10. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Why can't they make resurgence capsules stackable? Or is it for a purpose I don't know
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The capsules have independent expiration times.
  12. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Then why not remove the independent expiration times and allow for them to stack like other capsules? The timer is only there in an attempt to make people open them, similar to how last minute offers etc work.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because that's how they want the timers work. It gives people who were saving up fragments an extra ~14 days after the event ends to open them.
  14. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Could have it so the drop date is X and the last day to open the capsules is Y. Still allows for the timeframe for people who save up.