Again with the speedhacks...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darkarl, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Darkarl Active Player

A while back it was Obsidian who brought attention to speedackers, now, I saw it a ton during LPVE extravaganza and ever since I've learned to tell it appart, not by the damage, but by their movement speed and cooldown cycle. For example in Legends, a Harley that could do her spin attack without any cooldown or combo intersecting. Another general example, is how when a character leaves combat movement mode right away, normally it takes even a character with superspeed a few seconds, while a speedhacker goes back to normal mode right after finish the combat, regardless, you can take other things into account

Just now, I've done HQ and HQE a million times, I know how much it takes to wipe ads and bosses even with a dps arts 160 full augments, and cr 229, meanwhile just now comes a guy cr 227, arts 120, not full arts, and wipes the ads groups in less than a second. The bosses take less than two minutes. Never happened to me, even when I heal 3 full dps. I don't wanna hear that "snitch" excuse. A while back there was huge controversy over the devs "giving away" Extravaganza feats and how it was unfair. So if that is unfair, then what is this?

If it's gotten to the point where such a large percentage of Elite finishers that finished elite raids and their feats so fast due to speedhacking then it's proof that there's such a huge disconnect between what the standards of the difficulty the devs can implement on elite and the capacities of the players. I don't believe that is the case, but I do find it awfully and obviously sus that during COUE people that keep boasting about "having finished the raid a million times" can't follow the mechanics which are quite simple in my opinion, and just keep dying. And yet, while they can't follow the mechanics and keep dying, they finish the raid shortly after you tried it them; when they run it again with their circle. Am I really supposed to believe that is due to the fact that one or two people with "500 SP and 200 arts" miraculously joined with them and carried the entire raid.

Then again, if the speedhackers compose a huge demographic of the game, then it's pretty obvious this game don't have long before the other demographic of the game to whom it's unfair leaves and stops paying.
    • Like x 3
  2. Darkarl Active Player

Again, I'm just laying out evidences which any other player can confirm with their eyes, but as someone who knows what friends with actual 450 sp and 2/3 arts completed can really do, I do find it awfully unfair to those players.
    • Like x 1
  3. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

You can enter movement right away with SS and you must be running with sluggish players if you are comparing an HQ and HQe to speedhacking. First boss can be solo DPS'd easily before the one minute and thirty second mark when the spawners spawn. Adds can be dealt with in mere seconds with proper meta handling powers/artifacts/pets/and sc's.

If you really come in contact with Speedhackers you will definitely know.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

report it, save a clip, and post the clip link when you file the second part of thereport on the site
    • Like x 1
  5. Aesthete Well-Known Player

At this point i'm sure we've all ran with speedhackers. It just goes to show how common and comfortable they are in endgame content and nothing's being done about it. I'm very certain the devs can track this activity too, no matter how many character or league name changes these players make.... yet they're still here. The exploiters must be generating enough revenue (replay badges, membership, etc) for them to be so prevelant in the game.That's the only reason I can thing of why it's being sweeped under the rug.

Rumor has it, some speedhackers are being unbanned too.... I'm not so certain how factual it is but I have witness players bragging about it.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Be careful to know the difference between speed hackers and an optimal loadout/ build. Some of what you're describing doesn't sound like speed hacking. Super speed can move instantly if they know how to work the controller. Adds dying in seconds may also just be a knowledgable loadout. I use source shard so adds only take a few seconds. I've been called a hacker because open world adds are all a 1 shot for me. And a good set of burners will have that 1st boss gone before the adds spawn. Same as Poseidon in wv.

Harley has 2 doom spins so you may have just been seeing them weapon spin clipped into powerset spin over and over. If it's an actual speed hacker, they generally just melt bosses as fast as you're describing the adds dying.

Not saying you aren't seeing hackers, just be aware that some players are just OP and maximized their builds. Artis at 120 doesn't mean someone is terrible. Outside of elite raids, 120s are plenty.
    • Like x 2
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I ended up in a group with on last night. I joined an HQE last boss group and this person was like "let me load up my power" and I thought they were just odd or naive and then they kept running right into Cosmic Boy. Then I realized he had like half his health chunked off quickly. But this person kept dying and then we booted them once we realized what was going on. I don't have a recording but I did document the person's name. Worth reporting?
    • Like x 1
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Some people have those kinds of loadouts that do REALLY well... and quite frankly, kudos to them for figuring it out and spending the time learning, working at it, and executing. Some people use keyboard macros (a mild cheat). Some people speed hack or ride along with the speed hackers (a major cheat).

All speed hackers are PC-based. Not all PC-based players are speed hackers. If they ever actually implement some kind of speed hack detection and automatically divert them to a different map, adjust the defense and other stats of the boss on the fly, or simply disconnect them with no further action it will be fun to watch all of the Biblical wailing and gnashing of teeth. :)
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was down by meta and with just a group of 3 of us, I watched him go from full, to the 1/2 way point in 5 seconds, after the projections were dispatched, his 2nd 1/2 of life was gone in another 3 seconds. The single speedhacker was doing all the damage, so our group of 3 did not even get credit for the kill and were there since the fight started...we didn't do enough damage to get credit.

I'd say that was speed hacking in play.

FGSR, I watched a guy burn zeus down before we had a need to lunge him...that DPS topped the board at 104 million vs the 2nd place guy at 27m or so. He had been sporadically popping in on fights so I didn't notice it till zeus (plus I was tanking...so not really watching the DPSes), but when you see a bosses bar go down as fast as a Wag on one of the leveling missions...it's easy to tell. A little harder to figure out who it is in open world with no scoreboard, but in instance it's pretty easy to look at the numbers and see.

And while I'm a fan of reporting them (I reported both of these as well as probably a dozen more in recent weeks), creating and uploading a video for review is more PITA than I care to keep doing. Until they have a way to stop the process being used, or implement some kind of IP ban (probably not possible with VPN software), someone reported will likely just create (or has created with a CR Skip already) a new account to do it again. Reporting is not the 'fix'...it's a stop-gap.

BTW....apparently some of the hacks can mask the toon name. So reporting someone might actually be reporting the wrong person.
    • Like x 2
  10. Darkarl Active Player

I know about optimal builds, me and my friends have spent our fair share of time optimizing builds. In harley, I already know the optimal combo which is spin power, combo, then spin combo finisher. That's NOT what I saw however.. I'm taking about someone who could spam spin attack wihout intermittence, without any combo or nothing between. We're not talking about powersets we don't recognize either. I think a good fair of players spend a good time optimizing their loadouts. Aside from the mechanics there are players whose hacks are too easy to recognize.
    • Like x 1
  11. Darkarl Active Player

I wouldn't be surprised, this particular speedhacker had a really racist name, so regardless of his hacks, I'm sure he must have already gotten reported a few times already for other reasons. I'm not sure I would oppen a ticket. You only get one per month I believe, and what some people try and mask as "simply people being better than you" is a major issue that the devs really need to look into, considering that some of those players keep sus getting away with it.

More than once I have caught speedhackers, and not necessarily does that means they perfprm well. It just means they cheat at a pretty simple game.
  12. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

we could just give PC players their own server. lol..let them deal with each other

i'll miss some of my PC friends though :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Disagree. I love playing with my friends on PS4, Not all of us need to be punished because there are some people who can't play legit and have nothing better to do.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When a GM is investigating they can go back and look through the game logs to figure it out.
    • Like x 2
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Which it is why it is important to mention an approximate time when the incident occurred... because it can restrict the set of logs they have to search for it. It would also be nice if you could do a d-pad left and have "Report" as an option because then they could look up your character and find when you did that in-game report.
    • Like x 2
  16. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

The ps population saves the pc players with people to play with. PC returning the 'favor' with this kind of tomfoolery.

Not going to happen but imagine ps players able to turn off crossplay and not have to deal with it.
  17. Saami Loyal Player

PC client should just close. This game is not good enough for PC players anyway. It is good enough for console players tho.
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Thanks PS players, good to know you have our backs. Thanks for grouping us with the nimrods who are using hacks.

Oh this is for the 2 replies above me t( ' . ' t)
    • Like x 1
  19. AV Loyal Player

The irony of console tryna get passed off as pure/innocent here XD

Let's not forget all the console dupe/cash/TC cheats/exploits that ****** the game into the ground to the point they did have to temporarily prevent cross-platform item release while they fixed it and because of which we still can't mail cash. Console isn't immune to combat exploits either.
    • Like x 5
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not defending either of them, but taking advantage of some loophole or slip up in the code is not the same as actively breaking/altering the code. Console players are definitely not without blame in some exploit areas for sure, but you can't 'hack' a console (well...some NSA level hacker maybe....console players aren't that savvy though). It is all 'cheating' of course...not debating that.

It's basically the difference between 1st degree homicide and man-slaughter. One is definitely worse, but to the dead guy it doesn't make much of a difference.
    • Like x 3