Five Months Between Legion and the next DLC, Wow!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Quantum Rising Committed Player

@devs

How about doing a double exp artifact week to make up for the long wait?
    • Like x 1
  2. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

The content schedule has traditionally been this way though. Spring, summer, late fall, repeat.
    • Like x 3
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Not really. Per Mepps's own admission, this dlc is late.
    • Like x 2
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

DLCs are approximately quarterly.
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Would be best to have the anniversary event stay around till the end of february. Then probably need to do something dynamic with the bonus weeks.

Really with this break it is a great opportunity for devs to look at old content that most people do not run and add something to it to bring a new burst of life into DCUO until the new DLC is released.
    • Like x 1
  6. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I don't mind the wait, in fact I like longer breaks. It allows me to play things at my own pace and catch up with stuff I'm still missing.

To all the folks who got everything - congratulations, you deserve a break, now go enjoy yourselves. :)
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Prestige is getting discussed internally, but I don't have anything to share.

I think we're locked in on when this raid ends, but I'll float the idea.
    • Like x 7
  8. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

I never said I care about feats only. I just don't care about content that you can't earn feats from. I love elite content. I love a challenge. In every other instance in the game where it's challenging you are working on progressing your character. You can earn gear or feats or both. All you get here is something to play decorate and dress up with. I can't answer your question I don't know if you're happy to get survival mode. I'm glad that's coming out I'm just disappointed that 6 months will have passed before any new content comes out
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I appreciate your circling back on this, thank you! It would be so nice to have a third fulltime endgame raid along with Wonderverse's & Legion's :)
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He's correct, it's been just about 3 episodes a year since they ended monthly content. A Fall/Winter, Spring and Summer episode.
    • Like x 2
  11. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I'm perfectly fine with the way it's being released as long as it's not another here is 1 Alert, 1 Raid and spend all our time spamming open world bosses again.. I'm good!
    • Like x 1
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Do the DLCs come out appx every 3-4 months , or no? I haven't looked at a calendar recently but haven't noticed a deviation from this until now.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If i remember correctly one year was an exception. But it's been three episodes a year with the Winter episode being the longest due to holidays like Mepps said.
    I'm heading home from work, I can screenshot an Excel sheet.
    • Like x 1
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Not what I asked though. If they release DLCs every 3-4 months appx it's still a quarterly schedule. It's just not timed in synch with fiscal quarters.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I see what you're saying.
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Not nitpicking btw. Only pointing it out because they are regularly releasing content on schedule (more or less) and because not many of us care about corporate accounting fiscal quarters in the context of when we get game content, so imagining those are the deadlines for our game's DLCs is a little silly.
    • Like x 2
  17. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Just make the argument that an anniversary doesn't end after a month. This whole year is your and our tenth year! Let's keep it going! :D
    • Like x 3
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If the next episode goes live on the first week of April, we will have been playing Legion for 21 weeks. And as everyone else can now see Justice League Dark was current for 24 weeks and Amazon Fury was current for 28 weeks (due to 2017 revamp). In short Legion being up for 21+ weeks is not the end of world.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

No one has said this is the end of the world. That's a strawman.

JLD had two raids, an alert, a duo and open world. Amazon Fury III had two raids, an alert, a duo and open world.

Legion has one raid, one alert and open world.
    • Like x 2
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In my opinion DCUO should work a little more on the possibility of solo content on each DLC to help us pass the time after long periods between each DLC, because otherwise we don't feel like we're coming for nothing, especially if a league's activity is paused for X reason and generally if solo content works well in a game it helps players not to be too impatient between each DLC!
    • Like x 3