Dps Artifact for Quantum besides Void Gazer?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aesthete, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Is there other possible quantum artifact builds that I could use besides the typical void gazer? My current arts on my quantum for dps are:

Transformation Card
    Grimorium Verum
    Scrap of Soul Cloak

I know this isn't the most efficient build and i'm not really looking for one. I just want to explore other artifact playstyles other than the typical Void Gazer most quantum users seem to use.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Solar Amp or Eye of Gemini.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I agree with Solar Amplifier. Quantum is a very strong single target power and SA accentuates that. I use Philosopher's Stone because I like the longer damage buff and really try to maximize my Might stat.
    • Like x 1
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I use solar amp, la mort, and tranformation card
    My loadout is unorthodox but i spent about 3 hrs parsing on ST and AOE just yesterday and my loadout/setup for me holds true. Its very consistent damage across the board no matter the situation. At least 2 hrs of it was spent testing setups using grimorium and what i found is while i can min/max my damage in either place, i couldnt raise it in both places. If i gained a little ST then i’d lose alot of AOE or if i gained a little AOe i’d lose alot of ST.
    I decided my loadout is extremely well balanced, simple, power friendly, and very functional in all situations and best part is it requires NO armorys as i change nothing.
    • Like x 3
  5. L T Devoted Player

If you've leveled the soul cloak and want to keep it you can use Eye or Quizlet.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Does Eye work well with Soul cloak? I've always wondered that

I've personally heard bad reviews of the quislet artifact from league members and etc which I why I never considered it, but upon looking it up it does seem like a good pet artifact alternative.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Scrap + Eye is very good if you're focusing on a Supercharge build.

Quislet is ok, Grimorium is far better.
  8. L T Devoted Player

Quizlet is poor for a pet artifact, but decent for a supercharge artifact. If you're using soul cloak, you'll want to be using your supercharge a lot, so quizlet works pretty well with that. Eye of Gemini is the same-- Soul Cloak will let you get the benefit from it more often.

How well Eye works depends on the fight and the supercharge you use. Eye is awesome in the boss fights of Wonderverse where everyone is more or less naturally clustered together. Works great in the last fight of the Legion raid, but not-so-good on the first two fights where people tend to be spread way apart.

Grim is probably working pretty well for you, even if it looks weird. Quantum benefits from getting the graviton pi applied so you get some flexibility there.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats if you go with the graviton charge side. If you destabilize like me then Grim is useless to be fair.
    Im actually putting some hours into grim an loadout testing and having a hard time getting good results much less better ones than my destabilized loadout.
    I tried all the tailored ST, and Range loadouts using grim an cant get my damage close to or consistent a ross the board as i currently get so i whole hartedly disagree with the notion that quantum must use grim (not sayin youare sayin they must but it is a general guidline)
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

And if you have a league with a Quantum controller that destabilized PI is usually taken care of for you. I am not a big fan of Grim but I tried a lot of ST loadouts too but couldn't find one I liked without incorporating it.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

If u wanan talk quantum pm me, im all ears. My loadout is simple, very bursty, power friendly, full range and does awesome ST damage an really good damage in any/all instances. I never change anything except oblivion for RSK if no one in group is using the eye.
  12. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

What is your destabilized loadout?
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

92k base might give or take unbuffed

Artifacts:
    Solar amp
    La Mort
    Transformation card

Loadout:
    Anomaly (to set PI)
    Distortion wave (to use PI)
    Heat vision (to use SA)
    Energy expulsion (to use la mort)
    Oblivion (if someone has EoG) or RSK if not
    Quantum tunneling (for pickups, positioning, to clip, etc)

I do this no matter the content. Its very power friendly and the rotation is quite smooth and lines up nicely. I go (in order listed above) if u time it rite and tap jump cancel anomaly animation u can squeeze in 2 distortion waves before PI expires
    1-4-2-3 then 2-1-4-3 rinse an repeate as things come off cooldown. Often i will tap cancel energy expulsion to squeeze in a 2nd distortion wave or reset PI as needed an sometimes i will jump cancel HV for same purpose.
    In all content my damage is way over the norm as im rarely not 1st or 2nd. What i found through my own testing is my damage is ST heavy yet very balanced. What i mean is, i can do things different an use dif loadouts an arts an can get better ST but its not by much an i give up more AOE than i gain in ST to in total my damage decreases. The flip side is i can do things differently an get better AOE but my ST tanks out so again overall i lose damage out. Im also a firm believer that boss damage is mostly the only damage that matters. Nuking adds is fun an all but the adds r gonna die no matter who kills em an im not bug on padding my numbers on adds. I prefer functional boss damage over killin adds faster and again, makes no dif what content i run. Solo, duo, alert, raid, open world, bounties an anything else u can think of i run same exact loadout an have 0 issue being an asset to my group. Just yesterday i Q’d up all the T-10 raids one by one and the closest any dps got to me in total was 20 mil behind me and the closes any dps got to me in boss damage was 1/2 of mine.
    Now that doesnt mean im some sort of monster because im not. I get out damaged too an soemtimes by wide margins. Im not sayin that to claim superiority. Just an example of what my loadout is capable of compared to the masses.
    All in all i feel like i found a premium loadout thats universally sound an works for anything. I dont even have a single armory saved. I hate them and dont swap situationally.

Theres better options for quantum for ST or AOE for sure but not for both at the same time in 1 loadout (not that i have found).
  14. AlucardZain New Player

I have a decent Artifact loadout for my Quantum DPS hero. It might be a little unorthodox, but i like it so far. Currently having fun with the toon.
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Going aginst the grain is more fun an always best IMO. Chasing the META an doing cookie cutter things is no fun lol
  16. AlucardZain New Player

This is true, and it goes for a lot of other games too as well. Anyway, my current artifacts on my Quantum DPS toon is the following

-Scrap of the Soul Cloak
    -Lernaea's Amulet
    -La-Mort Card

Wierd? Probably. But I like it. And thats all that matters. My current power loadout tho is decent for the artifacts. In order:

-Anomaly (Supercharge Gen)
    -Quantum Tunneling (use it as a get off me tool)
    -Gravity Well
    -Distortion Wave
    -Energy Expulsion (the Finisher that works well with La-Mort Card snd Lernaea's Amulet)
    -Oblivion (Best Supercharge so far)

As long as you manage your health with the Finisher cuz of Lernaea's Amulet, you should be golden. And weapon is Hand Blast, cuz i dont see a Quantum toon using any other weapon.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure an thats interesting.
    You open to suggestions at all?
    If not dont read further lol.

Anomaly sets a destabilized PI and gravity well sets a graviton PI. Your not actually using the PI from graviton charge so may i suggest swapping that out w/something bursty like tachyon blast? Its a 0.5 cooldown an uses destabilized PI. So its always rdy, adds and bosses cant simply walk away from it.
    For artifacts i would suggest alot but since u like lernea’s i would only suggest looking at swapping scrap for trans card. This basically doubles your crit chance and that damage more than makes up for using your super less IMO

Otherwise yes, agreed fully on doing ur own thing!!!
  18. AlucardZain New Player

I'm always open for suggestions!

Anyway, swapped out Gravity Well with Tachyon Burst (not Blast). I tried Blast, didn't really like it too much. But Burst is doing well for me currently. As for Scrap of the Soul Cloak, I still like it. I mean, I need to use my Supercharge more often, I usually save it for bosses in raids/alerts. The only thing I don't like about Trans Card is the damage decrease.

But so far I'm still loving my current loadout with the artifacts. Just love how I'm a DPS that can heal themselves.
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure an yea maybe i got the 2 (burst an blast) mixed up haha
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I will note this as well
    Your point about trans card is fair BUT remember that crits hit harder than normal hits and trans takes a reduction in ur normal damage for an increase in crits and its VERY noticeable and worth it IMO