Devs Its Time For Aura Stacking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Feb 4, 2021.

1. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Lets say i wanted to combine 2 auras in our style, For example Scorching aura as aura layer 1 with orange nimbus aura as layer 2, People love this and guys like me hate having the rest of their body aura less, letting us combine them would add another layer to customizing characters and would encourage more people to buy capsules.
    Example
    [IMG]
    • Like x 10
  2. Jaelia Committed Player

I agree for the simple fact I would love to wear a hand aura and full body aura at the same time. That’d be pretty cool. :D +1
    • Like x 7
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It'd be cool and fun to play with, but I think there'd be a risk of hitting a breaking point in terms of performance.

Right now we can equip auras, accessories, skins and materials (including chromas) all with varying levels of active effects, not to mention all sorts of power effects when in combat. All of that has to perform while in a multiplayer online environment, and sooner or later there's going to be a point reached where things just get bogged down due to all the effects taking place.

There's also the possibility that they've tried this internally and it just didn't look good to them so they decided not to pursue it further. Like or dislike how a particular costume item looks in the game, the devs do put in a lot of work to make sure it looks good (even if it doesn't agree with our own aesthetic sensibilities) so it's not outside the realm of possibility that they tried it and said, "Nope, doesn't look good."
    • Like x 5
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Can we move away from DCauraandmaterialrunwayUniverseOnline? Got enough Auras got enough Materials, enough with the gamble heavy additions, sheesh. Why not some faction raids or something?
    • Like x 10
  5. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

The combinations would be sick!
    • Like x 1
  6. Solarbound Committed Player

"Encourage more people to buy capsules..." Do you not realize the detriment that those very capsules are? People are basically gambling their money away to be able to acquire such auras, materials, what have you, and we're pretending that's okay. It's a means of taking advantage of our money. There's nothing about that to be encouraged. Let me know when they want to start converting such styles as one time purchases straight from the marketplace; where they should've been from the start. You know, something that's a bit more in favor of the players. Let's encourage THAT!
    • Like x 6
  7. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

I would Also Love This Idea Very
    • Like x 2
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This. At some point you bump into technological limitations, be they due to hardware or software, whether client or server side as well.
    • Like x 2
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Say it louder for those in the back
    • Like x 2
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

This, the powers itself are already heavily detailed and can sometimes be uncomfortable when running PvE due to not being able to see certain details in the game, so stacking auras is already gamebreaking when you consider materials, accessories, and auras already being available to us simultaneously, if I had to choose between stacking auras or just a graphical update, I would choose the graphical update even though personally I don't think this game needs a graphic overhaul, but thats just me.
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Time Capsules is not the issue imo, the issue is whats repeatedly in the timecapsules, it would be nice for once if we can get some power skins, that can change the colors of our powers or something, and sometimes add in a chance to get a O.G material or aura thst people has been begging for.
  12. Noble One Committed Player

the OP is talking about combining auras as in you can select a second aura not adding new ones. also you want faction raids like pvp faction raids? on second thought... we have factions? i thought this was a hero and anti hero game. i dont recall seeing villains.
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

Not the issue? It's a way deeper issue than you poorly realize. Wake up -_-
  14. EvilDeeds Active Player

Don't underestimate the power of PS4 its bigger than people realize and is absolutely no problem for PS5.
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think less options but more detail would be cooler tho no? Most players just look like shiny blobs and some writing above their heads. And I'm on a 75" TV. Like I can barely make anything out on any character unless they're standing still and I'm on top of them. Just me??
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think there is both love and dread for the idea of auras stacking - looks really cool, more visual noise, performance checks, etc.
    • Like x 12
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Probably a problem for the Nintendo tho
    • Like x 1
  18. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Mostly love we been asking for this for a while and please don't let 2 people make you think we don't want this
    • Like x 5
  19. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

What drake said they don’t speak for everyone, I dreamed of something like this.
    • Like x 3
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

No I agree with the Mp being burried by the capsules, I'm saying the issue is not the TC, it's what is put in the TC, like auras and cosmetics should be put in the marketplace, while TC's should have more complex additions to gameplay like artifacts or something.