JLD Alert (Darkness Rising) - Children of Cain's essence.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cyfaill, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Right now, I'm trying to do the feats related with the "Damaged Caos Lord's cloak of Omnipotence", to unlock the next level it asks me to get three chaos essences: Raw (which is at the vendor), Gothic (which I have) and Children of Cain (which apperars in a European castle).

I suposse that the Cain essence it's a drop from the Vampire boss of the alert of Justice League of Dark episode (Darkness rising), I already have 2 of them but for the last 10? runs of the alert I couldn't get any more.

I'm missing something? I'm doing something wrong? Need to kill him in a special way? Is it bad luck and I just need to do the alert until it drops? Please, just tell me I'm not crazy and that it'll drops eventually.

PS: I'm not sure if this is a bug or just bad lucky (this is why i'm writing it here).
    PPS: I don't know if it helps but I'm also wearing the two JLD augments with the "+1 aditional choice" unlocked.
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I pretty much bought all those off broker lol. That's just rng being rng
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As I recall, you are correct, it will drop...when it drops...from the Vampire Lord. However, like very other catalyst in the game, your odds increase by more runs...meaning run it on as many alts as you can...assuming you have any. It's all RNG....so dumb luck.

The +1 choice generally only applies to gear, or maybe plans or base items. Cats are always drops and drop outside the loot chooser, so you should never see one as a choice, but you will see them in the resulting list of what you got total.

The broker might be your best bet if you are only getting 1 run a day. It might take over a month to farm them with 1 toon.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're doing the correct thing. It drops off the Vampire Lord but it is not a common drop. That item is tradable, there could be some affordable for you on the broker if you want to finish a little faster.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Thank you all of you!! Just knowing I was doing it right is enough for me, so I'll keep running the alert, for the moment I won't use the broker (I know it's helpful) I'm not in a hurry to get the feat (and probably the current gear is better than this one) and I enjoy the alert so it's not a problem.

Maybe I'll put other toon to work, so I can get some of the feats for him (some because the vanish 6 pools seems hard due the fast burning)

Oh my...I was totally wrong then, I though it was useful for everything and not just gear, well as they say you learn something everyday thank you once more.
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

In order for it to drop you have to have a need for it. Meaning those alts have to meet the CR minimum for the JLD episode, must have the cloak to level up, and must have completed the first breakthrough. You will not see any "Sorcerer's Chaos Essence" (FOA) or "Otherworldly Chaos Essence" (SG) drops until you complete the second breakthrough, and you will not see any Enhanced versions of those two drop until you complete the third breakthrough.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ah yes, I forgot that little nugget. However, as the OP is looking for this particular piece (Children of Cain), unless she's farming off a wiki, I'd guess she's done whatever breakthrough it was that gets you to the level (level 2?) where those are needed.

It does however put a damper on farming with alts, although it's probably tied to the feat, so as you get the feats for level 1, 2 ,3...I think you can pop them and qualify an alt for farming.
    • Like x 1
  8. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Yes, I know the need to break previous levels so the essences starts to drop, but thank to my diĆ³genes syndrome (in the dcuo world I mean) I saved some of the essences I didn't use so...it shouldn't take too much time to unlock it on the second.

Anycase thank you for the reminder.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I know that no one is interested but...I finally got the essences, now I'm going for the raid one's (wish me luck).
    • Like x 2