10th Anniversary Episode Bracket!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I voted Last Laugh and im not completely disappointed with dimentional ink. Change the votes is not only shady but outright immoral.
    Before most lets analyze both Episodes:
    Legion
    . 1 Alert
    . 1 Raid
    . Open World Bosses(hated by the community)
    . Amazing Open World
    . 4 sets?

Last Laugh
    . 8 Aditionally Legend Pvp Characters
    . 4 Pvp Maps
    . A Ton of Styles

Well the bounties system are widely hated so a a few voted for pvp. PvP players voted for PvP DLC. I personally voted for Last Laugh due to the amount of different gameplay the dlc offered specifically the legends Pvp like Ursa tgat is one of my favorites. Playing just one single raid is just boring and stats/augs p2w checking is just bad. For 5$ bucks bypass mechanics? There is no merit in beating it.
    • Like x 1
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Today's matchup,
    I voted as ----------
    Before most lets analyze both Episodes:

Battleforearth
    -open world dailies quests
    - open world Bounties
    - 3 duos
    - 1 alert
    - 2 raids

Origin Crisis
    - 2 onduty solos
    - 2 alerts
    - 2 raids

It's that battleforearth had more content compare to origin crisis , which that's a highly plus. Battle for Earth had several openworld quest related to brainic storyline. Which several dailies for those players that like running solo. Also, there is Avattars bounties that people can group together.
    Origin Crisis had none dailies solos and none open world Bounties. However, what Origin Crisis episode has is two onduty solos which was really legends characters point of view.
    So a plus, for battle for earth episode having several open world quests.
    The alerts for Origin Crisis episode has two alerts which had really good storyline added . Those alerts ate ones which expanded dcuo lore. Also, alot of what its alternative earths, tho I still like runningnthose alerts.
    The alert for battleforearth have one the best mechanics for 4man alert, it made each person in group do something at each boss . So when this episode came out it was interesting tough fun alert. Both episodes had great alerts.
    The way if view the episodes raids is : mechanics , new characters, expanded the dc story, playable , : when it came out.
    The Origin Crisis raids was just lex as bosses and the other as paradox demons as bosses .
    The battleforearth has Avatar of Magic which is a new boss and the other was prime with a chance to face brainic himself.
    I enjoy more battleforearth episode overall , I pick that over the other.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is a PvE episode bracket.
    • Like x 5
  4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Home Turf is a PvE episode. ?
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Home turf has both pve and pvp, but was mostly pve. The pvp for home turf was just lair battles, but there were open world solo missions, bounties, and instances. Each faction has two sets of content (heroes have missions at ace chemicals and strykers island, with bounties at arkham and steelworks, villains have missions at arkham and steelworks with bounties at ace chemicals and strykers).

Last laugh did have a pve single instance, but was mostly pvp. It introduced three new 4v4 match types and two new 8v8 maps.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Called it.
    • Like x 1
  7. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Yea. Home turf, is pvp episode
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Home Turf is a PvE and PvP episode. It introduced the Lair system and PvE missions are in open world Metropolis and Gotham.
    • Like x 2
  9. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Home turf does have pvp elements to it, lair pvp., it's pvp
    Likewise.
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Lair battles coulda been so cool if they figured out how to get all the base items to stay up
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's why I said it's both. It's PvE AND PvP.
  12. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Huh
  13. BumblingB I got better.

If you go with that, Hand of Fate is also a PvP DLC. It included 2 new Legends characters.

Home Turf was a mix, but it was primarily PvE. Most of the feats were related to the open world content. It had unique story elements that connected to older content. It had faction based elements that didn't transition to the opposing side. Had 2 new styles. It had lairs that allowed for social interactions and base design.

Lairs was just that, lairs. It was only 1v1 lairs at the time.
    • Like x 3
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

15. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Currently the metal part 1 vs teen titans , matchup looking well so far. Those episodes are really good overall . let's see who goes on top.
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Changing the rules for a tourney midway through are we?

Why not just do that before starting the tourney. Or, you know. Advance Home Turf.

Or do a Home Turf v Long Live The Legion poll.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

What are you talking about? Last Laugh only Had 3 style sets.
    There's the spec ops suit from the duo, and then there's the two checkmate styles; that's less than the amount of styles you listed in Legion.

Those 8 Legends also don't apply to everybody. if your not subbed or didn't own Last Laugh before they did the marketplace update separating items, powers, and the shield weapons from Episodes; you'll have to buy the 8 legends from the marketplace or become legendary and farm Marks of Legend for them.

I understand Legion's disliked, but some of yall are looking at Last Laugh through rose tinted glasses & making it seem like it was the best DLC they''ve ever produced; when it was really pretty mediocre and the sales for the DLC are reflective of how poorly received it was.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Before Last Laugh vs Legion was up on a twitter poll, There was not a single soul in sight on the forums or on twitter talking about "oh the last laugh was so great." there was no "hey devs, we need to make episodes like the last laugh again." None of that happened before the poll came up.

Seriously, I've never seen so many people overglorifying one episode just because it got taken off a poll. And now some of yall are dismissing Home Turf because it has Lair battles when it also had plenty of PVE including bounties? this is ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  19. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The atlantis vs earth3s , matchup seen like great each one . Those episodes are really amazing. Eartg3 brought watchtower with a new personality. The Atlantis more more Atlantaen storyline to dcuo. That should be great matchup,
    • Like x 1
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'll vote Home Turf. You'll find me a dead man before I vote against the episode that introduced lairs and all the sweet customization you can do.
    • Like x 1