Double Solar Credits and New Rewards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Soladra New Player

The hairstyles and Saturn Girl's aura are nice additions, but I would also like to see Evil Cosmic Boy's Red Ultimate aura added at some point as well. There are a bit too few genuinely good red auras out there at the moment, and those that we do have tend to be either no longer in circulation or posted on brokers for amounts that push the boundaries of credulity, or both.
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This explains why I constantly get tells asking what my aura is. Sorcery and fury, still the best aura in the game 10yrs later
    • Like x 1
  3. Megzilla Developer

You are correct, that is Lightning Lad's hair.

For Cosmic Boy - we would not be able to achieve the shaved head look because our hair needs some kind of geometry. The closet to a shaved look we have been able to get is like...the Fade (if it's still called that), and Grail's sideshave. The shaved hair is painted on CB's skin. It is possible for us to take his mohawk though, although the whole look wouldn't be the same as the NPCs.
    • Like x 3
  4. Aren Sul Committed Player

Totally understand it. Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to settle for being totally awed by Static Shock's hairstyle ;)
  5. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Umm meg a friend of mine using the Shocking Fade hair with Vampire Visage and it causes a very unsightly bald spot and as i dunno how to attach the image/screenshot via mobile to show you. Im also not sure if it considered a bug or not.
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

Stay tuned.
    • Like x 3
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

These hairstyles make me wish that facial hair was its own area instead of being tied to hair.
    • Like x 2
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

We got static and Lightning lads's(why does he go by Lad still he's clearly a grown *** man in this game lol. Lightning Lord would have kept the alliteration going while aging him up. Same for Saturn girl) hair. My brothas and sistas of DCUO , a long with Nubia's hair, we finally have some none generic "black" hairstyles. My character was tired of being bald with a beard although after 10 years of playing this game that look is getting closer and closer to reality for me.
    • Like x 2
  9. Megzilla Developer

Send me a PM with a screenshot when you can. please.

It's been such a long time coming, but we are so happy to finally get some more hair types in the game. I am really glad you are enjoying them!
    • Like x 3
  10. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Never mind move along nothing to see here
  11. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

I regrettably sent it to your twitter dm my apologies i tried to add it here with lil Sucess.
  12. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Uh So I bought the Chroma since I save up solar credits on some of my alts and I gotta say I'm really underwhelmed. The patterns are barely noticeable. The chroma is pretty much identical to the steel chroma. I guess its nice for people who don't have the original but its doesn't really do anything for me. I'm hoping the next batch has a cool looking chroma or material but something tells me its going to be that Trigon one which doesn't look very good imo :/
    • Like x 1
  13. N-IX Well-Known Player

thanks for the info, it's always nice to be able to save for the next wave
  14. Metallix Active Player

We can get static hair but we couldn't get cybrog was up with that that's not fair don't take this the wrong way but we need more black male hairstyles
  15. Jaelia Committed Player

Will we see emerald empress hair ? We already got her style might as well add her hairstyle.
  16. Megzilla Developer

Cyborg's hair is painted onto his base mesh. All player hairstyles need some kind of geometry, and unfortunately our tech doesn't have a way to do fades or really really close shaves. The shortest hair length we can achieve is the shaved side of Grail's hair, for example. An option would be to paint a skin, but then that'd open up a different can of worms of every skin variant having painted on hair. I don't know if you remember old male hairstyles had like 10 different variants for one style to include all the facial hair options.. It's just not a good solution.

I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. But believe me, I asked specifically for Cyborg's hair as well since it does look really sharp.
    • Like x 4
  17. Megzilla Developer

We chose not to convert her hairstyle at this time, since it is similar to existing ones. It is absolutely stunning though.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

If it's not apparent, the difference is that the Steel Neon Chroma as shown makes 2 color slots the Steel "Chrome" Material, and one slot the glow. The Magnetic Neon Chroma has 3 distinctly different color channels. It's hard to tell from the still photos, but the glowing areas might also have an animated energy effect, like on some Enhanced Styles.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm, so would producing new body skins that have painted head meshes work? Then we could put things like 5 o'clock shadow or buzz cut styles on and it potentially wouldn't interfere with existing hair styles that could just be put on top.

I am sad that most of the styles are mostly for female builds. I appreciate that we can potentially use them, but a lot just look off on some of the male body types.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Except that Lightning Lord (Mekt Ranzz, Lightning Lad (Garth Ranzz)'s older brother, is one of the oldest , most established, enemies the Legion has.

So using "Lord" for Garth would be pretty darn confusing.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Mekt_Ranzz_(Pre-Zero_Hour)
    • Like x 2