Why we can't see who's selling stuff on the broker?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Jan 17, 2021.

1. useless Well-Known Player

I dont have much luck with rng from TC or rare drops and dont "play" the broker.If i have something to sell i will put it for 20% cheaper just to quick sell.And no need to see whos selling it,if you see last number 26,thats me ☺️.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd generally agree, but if you've got an item you obviously over-estimated..get under cut a few times and now are looking at a failed listing you might be open to a 10-20% less offer to avoid the re-list.

Yeah, I would probably not use it myself but I can see it being a decent add as long as it was an optional feature and again...1 offer per person...not 100's of nickel and dime slight ticks up off the original rejected offer.
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

no, it ain't.

but "people filling a hole with the wrong thing" is the short answer.
    • Like x 2
  4. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I think I understand your proposal perfectly; your proposal not only kills off the broker, but it punishes players that use main characters to help equip alts. All I am saying is that it will not work the way you think it will work. You seem to be upset that people resell items at higher prices if/when they buy them at lower prices; that is their choice. You can choose not to buy them. As a member, I buy items as cheap as possible. I farm. I hoard. I sell items at very low prices. I know I am one of the few that do. However, I still would not want to kill off the broker or punish players for buying/selling items as they want to.

Your last suggestion "having broker items integrate when purchased" doesn't work because those items are blocked from the broker in the first place. Those items are usually found on vendors so players can decide whether or not to buy them, not punish them for purchasing from the broker. There are games that have vendors that sell "bind on pickup/purchase" items (Champions Online, for example). However, those vendors have not affected the broker/auction house; the posting prices are very, very high and the useful item choices are few.

As far as hoarding items, that is a choice; if YOU decide that hoarding is not for you that is fine. However, it is not good to tell others that there is no reason to hoard items, especially base decorators, who NEED to hoard base items to get the desired effect out of their decorated places. As far as Premium access to cash, well, that is a choice too; it will cost real money but there are choices to give more access to in game cash.

Using the broker is a safer and easier choice to buy/sell items than it is to sell to another player in my opinion. Post my stuff, someone buys them, done. Someone doesn't buy them? Oh well, try again.
    • Like x 2
  5. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

As someone that uses the broker heavily, others have already covered why having your name attached to your items would be a bad idea.

In regards to the eBay like OBO feature, while interesting, that is basically what the trade chat is for. I use the broker because I don't want to deal with people. :D
    • Like x 3
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's happened to me plenty of times. It sucks, I get over it and re-list. Even with the loss I still come out on top at the end. I play the long game...have several things selling. It all adds up. I just don't ever want to see some jackhole bothering me for a price reduction. It is what it is. If you can't or won't buy it somebody else will.
    • Like x 3
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

pretty much. I kinda figure if we're not going to actually touch on the underlying issues in the Broker, then I don't want people bugging me about my prices.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I don’t know, I don’t know .... but something is wrong here ... on the one hand, people argue that reselling is a correct and good practice, that their prices are normal prices ... and on the other hand, the same people want to be anonymous .... but if it so good... why hide? (this is a rhetorical question, no need to answer it). Many here try to draw parallels with real life and the economy ... but in real life, if you go to the market, then you will buy from a reseller in the last place ... in real life, an ordinary buyer does not like or respect resellers ... if make parallels, then do them completely and accept them completely and not pull out the pieces you like and be indignant when the unpleasant part bites you in the *** (yes, being a reseller means that a very large part of people, in spite of all your billions, will consider you a bad person ( I can't write what people really think about you, I don't want to be banned;) ) ...;)
  9. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I don't think this is 100% bad idea:
    1. Make it Optional.
    2. Use alt you don't play on to sell items/make $$$.
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Nope, just the greediest..
  11. Recon4thCav Level 30

My ignore list would need a buff to add all the crybabies that do not like my prices. Keep it the way it is.
    • Like x 1
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Because you can use that fake cash to buy TC styles etc. instead of spending a tonn of real money to open the TCs needed to get those styles etc.
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Totally agree, but again...I'd want it to be optional if any 'offer' type feature was implemented. I'd suspect I would not turn it on much...or that many would.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And therein lies the bulk of my objection to the "feature". Why waste their time on work that will go mostly unused? Most QoL changes benefit the majority at some point or another. This request would hardly get turned on, making it a pointless job.
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Who wants to bd bombarded with requests by people to reduce my prices? I use my mailbox a lot as I buy collections to use as well and I even buy them in bulk. Do you think I wanna put something pretty rare on the broker. Decide to buy collections or certain styles and have to scroll through hundreds of mail requests for negotiation just so I can get my items? If my items were negotiable. I would be selling in trade chat. Not the broker. I’m one of those guys that don’t really interact with people much unless I’m forming groups of messing around in pvp chats other than that. I generally want to be left alone and having my name plastered over the broker doesn’t exactly give me that option. I do understand that reselling gives you a bad rap but I’m not breaking any laws or screwing anybody over. If you don’t wanna pay. That’s a choice. Someone will and if they don’t. Well I’ll just keep putting it in the broker until somebody does.
    • Like x 1