Artifact Issues PLEASE READ DEVS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Angel Vessel, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Angel Vessel New Player

Ok so here it goes. I am a day one player from PS days. I love DCUO dont get me wrong..... But I had to quit the game over the fact that Im spending thousands and can never keep up and it just gets more out of hand. I have 22 200 artifacts across three toons and I have so many alts that got left at the sidelines because of the crazy artifact grind. Im not asking to have arts removed but it would be AMAZING if the new devs could make artifacts in a seperate category accessible to all toons on the account. For example if I have a 200 tetra on my main, all my alts have it or if I have a 95 strat card im leveling, its the same xp across all toons so they can all add to it to level it up. it would not only help alt players out but it would help newer players to be able to farm a little more. I hate that I have three strat cards, three trans cards, and three solar amps... If the devs could fix this id not only come back but id have every art to 200 for sure. I love the game but Im not with the spending the same money on the same stuff over and over again or sacrificing toons that i put so much time into.
    • Like x 8
  2. BloodIust Active Player

I agree hope this happens before the graphic update and stuff maybe even before survival mode so we have more people testing their skills
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Can we do pre made responses to these posts? They come up often. We'd all like that. It won't happen. Money. Time invested in designing them needs to be made back. Ftp players sometimes need reasons to open their wallets. Trying to remember everyone's usual responses...
    Oh yeah. Don't chase metas. No one is forcing you to buy artifact stuff.
    Think that's most of the usual responses.
    • Like x 2
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Excellent idea. We already have one person who doesn't like it. Shocking
    • Like x 2
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

I really would like that. That would make me playing a 2nd character actively. Now I only Play my main. No reason to try to stay competitive with 2 Chars.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So for those of us that have multiple Transformation Cards, multiple Strategist Cards, multiple Eyes of Gemini, multiple Soul Cloaks, multiple Solar Amplifiers, etc all ranked up to 200, how does that change affect us?
    • Like x 2
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Same way they did with the Venom Wrist adjustment. Or, grant a golden exobyte and complete pass to a fully ranked artifact. Idk how they would do it to make it less complex, but I'm sure they could find a way.
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

And the same one at that too. Every. Single. Time.
    • Like x 2
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

You dont need 22 rank 200 arts on one toon to be competitve.
    Im a mediocre player at best (maybe im more than mediocre due to my survivability an some x-factors) but damage out im average to above average.
    I run a non-meta loadout with non-meta artifacts. Between the arts an loadout, almost nothing im doing is considered “the rite way” yet i consistently perform and am a benefit to the groups in any content.
    I have just 3 rank 200 arts and change nothing in my loadout no matter the content except if someone in group is running the eye, i swap RSK for oblivion.

No one made you or anyone chase meta an build so many rank 200 arts. The fact you did does not point to a design issue with the game but an implementation prob with you as an individual.
    You want that many arts chasing the meta then open your wallet. You wanna keep it under control , you find some things that work an play thr game an have fun.
    • Like x 2
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You and ballistic clearly have issues with me. I'd suggest blocking cuz I don't care in the slightest. But I also said "we'd all like that" so I guess you both share my reading comprehension skills
    • Like x 3
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Man it's not that I have issues with you. Its just that basic knowledge about business management (though I dont know of you understand how business models work or honestly just a better understanding of how this game could thrive with certain decisions made) seems to not be your strong point. And it's not just this topic. Its many others that I havent responded to because I dont really care to input. But I have time now and there are so many things that could be changed for the better. And though you may not intentionally intend for it to come off this way, you defend the direction of the game. And that is NOT okay. Artifacts are pay to win. Period. There are others out there who try to be developer buddies and defend every action. And that is not healthy for the game. Understanding what the game needs is important. The better the community understands that, the better chances of those things changing. I apologize if I come off any type of way, and maybe if I dont have anything nice to say, I just wont respond. Yes this change would be nice and a MAJOR quality of life improvement for the game. It will bring life to alts, and more versatility within players. This game is no where near how it use to be in terms of combat. Over the years, after its prime before T5, the combat and content has dwindled more and more to where it's just bland and boring in a sense. Artifacts did not help that at all.

All in all, people are defending what hurts the game to the core.
    • Like x 3
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Though I do agree. 22 seems excessive but it is possible that he got all 22 up from just the game itself. I wouldnt know. However what I'm getting at is you cant tell me (or anyone for that matter) that this changed wouldnt be a better option versus the latter. People would finally be able to enjoy alts, have versatility in different playstyles without having to spend money to see which direction you want to stick with. Read my post above this when I responded to HellStroke.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I dont disagree at all that we’d all like it. Im not sure i’d disagree that it’d be better (at least in some ways).
    Where i’d consider a disagreement would be in what ways it would be better. I play this game and love it. I want it around another 10 years+ (Or as long as possible). To accomplish that overall goal, which is undeniably better for us all (pretty sure i can say that with certainty), is the game must generate revenue and i dont see how this idea wouod generate revenue. I can see an easy argument for it cutting into revenue but am curious how it would help the game from a revenue perspective.
    To discuss whats best for the game in my opinion, you must strike a balance between 2 simple things. From there it “family trees” into the million other discussions we all have daily but it begins like this (to me)
    Longevity of the game
    I I
    Revenue / Player Wants

From there u branch however u see fit but they must generate max revenue an do so via satisfying what players want/need
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've literally been posting memories on my social media all week about how I'm celebrating my 40th year in business. 1981. Survived and thrived thru numerous "bad times". Have had multiple businesses that I bought and sold. Even went to Northeastern for business management and all sorts of money invested in marketing and whatnot. Yes this game needs help. Yes, we disagree. Handouts do not make a business money. As a business owner, I have people cone in daily looking for free handouts or discounts. I say no. And that has helped me thrive. Does the game need changes? Absolutely. A lot of them. Like take this post for instance. It would cost them money. It takes money to develop these things. So while I would also love this, it would be stupid to implement as a business.

But, it could be added as a membership perk. Everyone willing to spend $15 a month to share artis? Probably. That alone may justify a lot of the issues people have with lack of member benefits.

It's not that I don't understand the game or business. It's that I do and I know giving everything away will absolutely bring in more people. And put you out of business.
    • Like x 2
  15. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I would be alittle upset if they made artifacts sharable to alts at this point. But it wouldn't be any different then what they did with the feats. They made feats shareable for a cost aslong as your main had them. So if they make artifacts shareable to alts that would most definitely come at a price. The reason why they haven't done this yet is because they needed the money now. Once they are over it alittle they will introduce another system to generate money. That new system could be a gear ranking system or a pet ranking system the list goes on. Right now the project with artifacts was to buff all content to account for 3 slots at rank 200 gear and sp was never in the mix. Meaning gear and sp needs to be either buffed or revamped eventually. so that way new players and everyone can have a smoother experience in all content. As of right now 3000sp won't save your life from one shots or a bad group not even 3000cr. Keeping that in mind and being a new player its not gonna be smooth at all not even for end game players. The only thing saving your life is experienced players who will run with u if your in their league or make good friends who play when u do. Good luck though all those players just want to do elite. reg takes too long with unexperienced and unranked artifact players with low cr and sp but mostly artifacts. If you want my opinion I think they are working on the sp tree next. I think they might buff the tree and bring a new way to get feats we don't have. The real question is though at what cost? Will they buff all content to account for the time they used to buff the sp tree. Will it be another way to bring money to the game. Or will it be just a nice thing to do so things can be more smooth for everyone.
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Congrats on the anniversary. I'll leave it at this then if you have the experience you say you do.

A company needs to make a profit. Yes. Revenue is what it thrives on to be successful. But. Killing your customers (playerbase) short term or long term is never the goal of a company. Artifacts are a prime example of long term repercussions.
    • Like x 4
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That is true. I think artis and tc's have become their only real source of income. Again, all on board with them being account bound. I just don't think they can/ will. Maybe there's a compromise no ones thought of yet. I get my outlook on it is different than others, I don't mean it personally nor do I hold it against people. There are many ways to run a successful business so maybe both of us are right.

And also, thank you. Definitely didn't think I'd be celebrating this year after what the worlds been going thru.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Manage the change using the system that's already in place - Replay Badges.

An Artifact on a character that already exists can be duplicated for another character on the account using Replay badges, at a cost factor of (2*Current Artifact Level), so it's still functionally a 10-12 dollar transaction for the company (*3 Artifacts, * 6 characters - and the change would actively incentivize spending on Alts, which actively incentivizes other Alt spending like Replays for Styles and Feats) and maintains the current entry level of "Holy **** that's expensive" to build Artifacts to that level in the first place, thereby maintaining money on the front end as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

But I already have (all at 200) 3 solar amps, 3 transformation, 2 Strategist, 2 soul Cloaks, 3 eye of gemini. People like me are going to need to be compensated for all the seals and Nth Metal purchased over the years.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhh, I'm (at least) four figures of real cash into the Artifact game too at this point.

Instead of insisting on it being terrible for everyone, forever, simply because it was terrible for me, I'd rather see the system move towards some visible sort of approachability on a wider level; mostly because I'd like to be able to see what my alts CAN actually do with a variety of build options, instead of concentrating on my main and rationing out the remainder for the rest of all time.

So while some form of recompense might be nice? I don't personally consider it necessary if it furthers the overall state of the game.

Assuming that was a sticking point (because some folks refuse to budge, so it will be) include a vendor somewhere that will change complete Artifacts (200 level, non-duplicate) back into 1:1 exchange Nth Metal and catalyst equivalent to the Artifacts current level, then you have the option of changing a currently complete Artifact (non-copy) back into viable experience towards future Artifacts while maintaining your current Artifacts via means of the Duplication function.

I do know that without some flexibility, it'll never actually change, and to be blunt - it's a very off-putting system, the way it's set up currently.
    • Like x 1