Why we can't see who's selling stuff on the broker?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Jan 17, 2021.

1. BƖack Dedicated Player

^ I think this feature would be really helpful in negotiations with other players that sell stuff on the broker.
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Because then we'd all know who to hate for buying cheap and tripling the prices. I'd love to partake in more broker stuff but until they make it so you can't resell what you buy off broker, there's no point unless you also want to help destroy the games economy.
    • Like x 5
  3. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

This feature would make the broker the ultimate stalking/begging tool.
    • Like x 21
  4. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

The demographic for this feature is non-existent in the actual games community.
    To show why its a bad idea, any amount of attention paid to the in-game communication at any day or time, supports numerous reasons to keep anonymity.

Player activities in open chat channels such as:
    - "exposing" each others personal details or social media presence with malicious intent
    - harmful and malicious verbal attacks
    - automated and manual operated gold seller accounts
    - career hackers that initiate the first breach by sending a league invite then deleting league/logging out/exiting before the player accepts or declines, thus leaving the player in a locked state with an onscreen invite they cant accept or decline. Open to entry with the right knowledge.
    - shaming of players for reasons as simple as username choice to political affiliation

There are many other consistent and clear examples of why this community would turn a well intended feature like this into a tool for harm. Unfortunately the bad does outnumber the good.
    • Like x 7
  5. BƖack Dedicated Player

lol
  6. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I plead the fifth, but I as a seller get extremely annoyed when something that has the potential to sell really high; say 60 mil and then you have those guys that just come along and sells the same item for 10. It’s annoying but I take advantage and jack the prices up even more. Those quick cash undersellers are my profit at the end of the day so I can’t hate em but when I set the market. Please don’t undercut me by 75% because I want all sellers to win :)

It’s super easy to make a lot of cash on DC and yeah it could be “ruthless” but you don’t get rich by selling yourself short.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

I actually get it. Broker pricea are so insanely high that newer players, even when they get something super valuable, cannot afford to put it on the broker for full price due to the required deposit. I know I was there at one time.
  8. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

That’s why you gotta hoard the goods on an alternate toon and sell stuff that goes for like 1,000-10,000 and keep going up. I made one toon a month ago and already amassed a few billion without selling replays or PSNs simply from this. Don’t you exit level 30 with like 20k? That’s a good start. The broker is a learning process and it’s basically like a real life economy.

I would rather they take the little tax out of your earnings from said sale instead of taxing just to put the item on the broker but I understand why.
    • Like x 4
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm the one undercutting. Constantly. Because I don't care about the broker. The people buying and reselling high are one of the reasons the community is full of weak players. They can't afford to buy anything that could make them stronger/ add to their sp. But yeah, keep feeling like having billions in this broken broker makes you a great businessman
    • Like x 6
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It would be "funny" to know who the joker who sells the Kiss Me I'm Irish tattoo in the broker for millions that some unsuspecting players might think is just a Seasonal collection and buys it only to find it's junk, who they are? For laughs of course. But yeah I understand why it might be a problem if broker identified others.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shalayah Committed Player

I don’t exactly like talking down on others simply because they enjoy certain playstyles. The broker exists for a reason. Your options are if you want high valued items without relying on luck and you can afford it. Go ahead. If not then do you lol. I play the broker a lot but I don’t have the goal to be a DC billionaire or anything. I just want to buy styles that are otherwise hard to get.

At the end of the day. People play the game for different reasons other than just getting SP. Some play to get stronger. Some play for cosmetic reasons and some play because there’s an in game economy. Nothing is wrong with either in my opinion.
  12. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

My toon isn’t weak at all. I have plenty of SP and certain expensive styles add to my SP total. I can see players that sit at the broker all day being weak, but I’m usually at the broker 10%-20% of my time on DC. You can have a lot of SP/Max artifacts and Max gear and still be “DC rich” Neither of those correlate at all.

If you don’t care for the broker or the economy. Say that, but don’t down others simply because it’s not what you’re into.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I get your points and I hate broker billionaires that game the market and the economy but there's still quite a few of us in game who are just trying to make do. Don't forget if you tank the economy by suddenly inflating prices by throwing in things for practically nothing it hurts the little people more than the cash glitchers. Sometimes some players luck out and get a decent thing from a capsule or loot drop and will be able to sell it for some needed feats only to find both the hoarders and some don't care to learn the game players have coincidentally tanked prices so low now these players are out of luck. I've seen it happen to me plenty over the years and I've never accumulated more than a few mill here or there. So believe me this is coming from a person who didn't need to sweat the last cash restrictions cause I was never going to be taxed anyways and I never run with gold spammers or hackers but in the years I've tried to get a little cash from collections, materials, exobytes or capsules only to find the broker economy destroyed by sharks and undercutters yeah it's nearly devestated me realizing there goes that feat purchase. So please if people could just try to at least price match an item or trade in chat instead if possible, that'd be appreciated by us small guys?
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It seems to me that you misunderstood, the point is not that the "broker's players" are weak, the point is that due to a broken economy, too high prices created from the ceiling, because of dealers who set unreasonably high prices, not many can afford at leaston something that would help them become stronger (SP from TC , styles, Catalists, etc.).
    • Like x 2
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Rej explained what I meant. Broker players cause bad things for the community.
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Thankfully, I have great friends and a great league. Most of us just give things away. Yes, even things like dark Robin's or crystals. We chose to make our players stronger vs continuing to hurt everyone. I'm fine that broker players won't like my opinion. Unfortunately, I'm really not wrong.
    • Like x 1
  17. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Again as I said before. People play a certain way. The broker is a game in itself. If you want access to things that are hard to get through playing the game. The broker is an option to get said item. Yeah it comes at a price but it is what it is. Making the cash to get said items is pretty easy. But if you’re just going to undercut since you don’t care then there’s no room to complain about the broker.

What drove up the prices was a money glitch blame those guys. Not people who just participate in the broker. The broker guys just learned how to adapt. :)
    • Like x 2
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Adapt is your term for it. I use the word exploit.
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm going to try to make this as simple as possible. I'm also going to use the word "you" for sellers, nothing personal. This economics class time I guess.

The economy in this game was terrible for a lot of reasons, money glitching didn't help but anyone that claims the economy was fine prior is lying to themselves.
    You put things on broker for 999,999,999 mil that someone really wants or needs. You have in game money. Buyer has real life money. They then buy gold to pay you. You then use that money to buy multiple things and post them for 999999999 again and the cycle continues to repeat. How do you stop gold spammers? Stop giving them a reason to need to exist. Because as long as prices are so high, the real money players will continue to do what they have to to get what they want and the cycle will always continue.

You setting prices out of someone's range that doesn't want to buy gold will in turn just keep that player away from needed sp/ finished collections or finished OP gear. Which in turn hurts possibly anyone that will run with them.
    Yeah, we can all make money playing the broker. It doesn't take a smart person to do it, it takes any person time to do it. Not every player has time to do everything in game they need and then spend time in the broker.
    So again, greed is keeping it all broken. I've given away 3 raven self portraits to players that have tons of money. They didn't resell it. I'd rather delete items at this point than even list them cheap because some goof that think they're the next Trump is just going to buy it and double the price. I don't really care personally because I'll get what I need but please don't think anyone involved in playing the broker isn't continuing to make it worse. That's an impossible statement to believe.
    • Like x 2
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Real Question, OK you having 1 Billion or more for in game cash for what? Really what is the point in being super rich with in game fake cash?
    • Like x 1