10th Anniversary Episode Bracket!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Atlantis I'll give you the OW, but AOJ I disliked the open world. The 411 counter weekly in either zone was annoying as the space for getting credit was too far apart and the OW bosses in WTV were spread out too much (it's like a 10 min timer) and random, so getting the weekly done was annoying as heck. And let's face it once the initial 'shock and awe' factor was over and the grind was left, those 2 things were detractors. I liked that AF3 410 count credit was the whole map, so if you grouped you got credit for whatever anyone in the group was doing, save if they went to the indoor part.

Either way, we'll see in a week or 2 I guess.
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yea I've always felt that episode was underrated but I think that has alot to do with Trigon himself not getting enough spotlight in DC media, so you'll be surprise how many people actually knows about him.
  3. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Not my favorite DLC, but I don't think that's right. The episode it beat was just that bad.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's been a week since the last match up. Planned week off, or did it fall off the 'to do' list?
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Origin crisis IMO, hands down, not even a close 2nd unless we count the OG itself with the FOS raids.
    Just sayin
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow, just checking the AF3 vs WOL2 poll and WOL2 is edging it out. Not sure what the deal is there. I figured that would be a landslide as LnW was a lackluster raid as long as you knew to block Carol's attack, the alert was a cakewalk and the open world was basically the same as WOL1. Even today, GOM/OLY are run quite often, but LnW is barely ever mentioned and only then when it's a feat run. The other issue I found with LnW was the CR scope for relevancy was really low...I think 107 to get in and 117 you were out. Which was really weird in itself.

Surprising. Guess we'll see tomorrow.
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Lantern content seems to be by far the favorite (at least on twitter), alongside teen titans/raven. All lantern full episodes were below average, yet they are really close to the top episodes on the polls
  8. The Blurr Level 30

the style can they be used/shared with other characters on your account or do you need to earn them on them aswell.
    Either through purchase and trade through the shared bank or unlocked with replay tokens in styles window.

Love the event, shame with the 5day cooldown but im very happy with the event.. Makes me wanna buy everything :) (have some catching up to do)
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey, results are what they will be, so the winner is the winner BUT it kind of taints things for me on the whole bracket though. Not sure how the "Best' DLC can end up being one that no one really plays that much and had little to no impact in the game. LL I get at least as it did add a lot of PvP elements but any of the 'war of the light' episodes? Meh, I was looking at it more from a content/longevity angle...not a 'who's the coolest kid in class' angle when choosing class valedictorian.

Reminds me of another rigged election....You know, when Taylor Hicks won American Idol....obviously rigged.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ummmm, I see the brackets are updated and the LLL vs Last Laugh results were 'corrected'. I also see Last Laugh was removed completely from the brackets and previous results records.

To use Mordru's term...what's up with that "Tomfoolery"?
    • Like x 2
  11. Kanniu Well-Known Player

They changed the LLG vs Home Turf results too. They've also deleted the poll so I can't see if I happened to remember the result incorrectly. Wow.....just wow
    • Like x 1
  12. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Well. The thelastlaugh episode was in the bracket , it seem it was is leading . Thelastlaugh beat home turf, & thelastlaugh was is leading against Long live episode.
    Now they totally took off the episode. What happened there , a bug ?
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If I recall correctly LL beat LLL soundly. Probably why it was removed. Let's see if the same thing happens if HT beats LLL too.

EDIT....nevermind. I see LLL already 'beat' HT. Hmmm, a bunch of mail in votes must have come in overnight.
    • Like x 1
  14. PolarisSylar Committed Player

15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Why has Long Live the Legion been advanced instead of The Last Laugh? And why is the poll no longer visible on your Twitter feed?

https://twitter.com/DCUO/status/1341457323685015555

Why are you rigging your own tournament? The Last Laugh won, so it should have advanced.

(There's no way Legion will beat Age of Justice anyway)
    • Like x 5
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Agree, why was Last Laugh removed and replaced with Legion, Last Laugh legitimately beat Legion, why has it dropped off completely like it no longer exists?
    • Like x 6
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They are not happy about their current DLC being whupped by arguably a 'bad' dlc in LL. Even though it's technically impossible, I wouldn't be shocked to see WV vs LLL in the finals...after a magical 'reorganization' right before.

You're right though, no way LLL beats AoJ....but there was no way it was going to beat LL or HT either....but here we are.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure if any reason is ever given (it won't be) it will be something like 'As LL was a PvP episode it was removed as we wanted to focus on PvE episodes only"...or something like that.

So fine, the next bout should have been HT vs LLL...and let the chips fall where they may. Instead they just gave LLL 2 'bye' weeks basically, just so it can flame out against AoJ.

Reminds me of when they vote through a terrible act on AGT...only to have that act fail miserably on first outing in the semis (if you've ever watched AGT...back in the day).
  19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Must be using Dominion software lol.

It is just a joke, don't cancel me
    • Like x 2
  20. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

A part of me wanted to see The Last laugh dlc win its bracket match up with whatever dlc and win it all.

...but maybe they put together the most comprehensive bracket voting frau.... nevermind, just making a joke here.