10th Anniversary Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2021.

1. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Tomorrow, maybe? :p No? :oops:
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

So.... the Joker is real?? :eek:

Pretty sure I heard you say Joker before.... Although I can't find the link. ;)
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There was an error message earlier this week when trying to Subscribe on PC.

Tried a few days later and it worked..... but there seems to be some issues on PC to Subscribe..... or even buy Station Cash for that matter.

Last time I bought Station Cash on PC I had to try a few times for the sale to get through.... got an error message there too.
    • Like x 1
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

We've seen mentions before about limits to the current tech hindering various things, I think many believe U3 is considered part of those statements.
    • Like x 2
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Admit it: you were part of the conspiracy to kill Abe Lincoln. Then you went into suspended animation until it was time for you to work for DCUO as a reliable conspiracist.

And all the aliens in the game are because the company is really owned by real aliens and you want to prepare us for our new alien masters.

And most shockingly, DCUO has a big rotating globe in the Watchtower which is all part of the conspiracy to cover up that the earth is actually flat!!!

I heard all this on YouTube, so it must be true, because that's the bestest cite ever.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Which is why I debunk what Budokai says. For years he's been going on and on about a relaunch of the gear and XP system which no Devs have ever stated and which you never hinted at. Then all last year he's been going on about Unreal Engine 5. Then when you mentioned DCUO10 in reference to the obvious 10th anniversary, he started talking about a "confirmed" DCUO 1.0 upgrade...which you never said.

I think he's trying that thing where if you speak it (or write it) then it becomes reality. Would be nice if it worked that way.
    • Like x 2
  7. Aren Sul Committed Player

Inspiration, eh...
    I'm thinking "Hall of Doom" + Cyborg = Doom + Cyborg = DOOM PATROL!!!
    • Like x 1
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Just so u know the jump to next gen was clearly talked about which everyone was fighting with me on. Look where we are now you can definitely call the jump to next gen a dcuo 1.0 they already said they are adding a native client patch for the ps5. They also said they will be looking at ways to make things more smooth for everyone which is a big hint at a new gear system. Maybe the sp buff tree the game really needs maybe a second way to get skill points you dont have. The list goes on... what I say is the potential this game needs and eventually should get. Unfortunately I fear unreal 3 will bring 100x more bugs then ever on next gen system and worlds. But that not for us to worry about. we just have to understand dcuo was built around unreal 3 its hard on the game us and the development team. We need to understand why we won't get things fixed or see new powers or pvp. We also have to understand its gonna take a much bigger team and time to make worlds make power sets make changes fixes add new systems fix old ones. Push revamps you name it. Im down for the ride either way things go. I'll never stop talkng about the potential this game has to be a greater mmorpg.
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I am wondering if Plastic Man will be a surprise in Flashpoint - Plas was part of the Hall of Doom story too.

The Plastic Man model is already in game, and there seems to have been an experiment with his power set recently. Plas is not just a stretchy guy; he also changes into objects:

[IMG]

For Batman Day, we were given a trinket that let us change into the Batwing. Kind of an odd idea; but it’s exactly the kind of thing Plastic Man does, and that trinket allowed a live server test of his abilities.
    • Like x 1
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

How exactly does "make things smoother for everyone" hint at a new gear system? I can think of several things off the top of my head that would make things smoother for everyone that are not a new gear system.

They could be doing some back end work to reduce load times. Reducing load screen time when switching zones and/or the load tube of the style menu.

They could also be working on tech to prioritize graphics/animations. I don't know how many times myself or others have died to an attack that didn't render on our system. A long asked for qol update has been to prioritize boss attacks (or opponent attacks in pvp), so you are guaranteed to be able to see what you need to avoid. This would be a huge update that makes gameplay "smoother for everyone".
    • Like x 2
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

When they did stats revamp it wasn't called stats revamp at first. It was called stats matter revamp. But at last minute they changes it to stats revamp. Why did they do that u think? Let's see artifacts were introduced to bring money to the game and more ways to play. What you probably don't know is all content was buffed to account for 3 slots at rank 200. Gear and skill points were never reworked to account for that change. So now we have a game thats based on artifacts if you want to win. What they did here was make things rougher on new players and old players. We have everyone at end game when we have 39 eps doing nothing for nobody. Sure there are skill points in those old eps but shouldn't all the eps be used for gear progression. If the gear system gets revamped and we all start at ep 1 and gear matters. You make the game smoother for new and old players. There is too much eps to not have a gear revamp to make all content matter. You try going into ep 30 see if you find ppl to help you good luck everyones being pushed to end game. Because the devs know there is too much content and the player base would be too spread out. So how do we fix that problem? Cr skips are not the solution
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This will never happen.

You consistently confuse your fantasies with reality and your wishes with facts.
    • Like x 1
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Did you really just say never? 10 more years going down this boring gear system road. You don't understand the respones the gear system we have now from the devs is. Its called cr skips. because they have no plans right now to make gear/all content matter just end game matters to them. New player no worry skip your way through the game. because nobody is playing eps 1 to 37 but here enjoy ep 38 to 39.
  14. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Any news on when we can expect an update on an update to the update? Where can I send the chocolates? :D
  15. Chiemara Well-Known Player

I'm glad there will be some graphical touches done to keep the game going!

Would be nice to see some additional animations for the characters (especially for travel powers... as an example... flight always uses the same arm... should have it switch right, left, double arms as you do certain maneuvers .... like breaking the sound barrier should do double arms forward... turning a direction should lead with that arm left or right...)
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Any prospects of new powers?
  17. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

That would be nice, also to choose to have the option to make the weapons we use disappear or be visible all the time.
    • Like x 1
  18. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

Damm i Will have to fumigate unless 20000 houses unless in my Country to buy the ps5.
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Just, wow... When I started reading this, I couldn't tell where it was going. You have such a random confluence of thoughts to try and justify a wild guess and treat it as fact. The stats revamp has nothing to do with my comments.

First off all, content isn't balanced around having three rank 200 artifacts, that is a flat out lie. It's balanced around three rank 80, possibly rank 120 artifacts which are much easier to obtain. I'm not even sure "balanced" is the right word, because you can still get though relevant content (even solo instances) without them, with little effort. I've done this a few times on characters I don't use often (so they have no artifacts at all) within the last year. I think the phrasing was "designed to account for the possibility of three artifacts", and that was at least a year (maybe two) before rank 200 existed.

If content was balanced around three rank 200 artifacts, it would be difficult for most players until they had the at rank 200, and that's simply not the case. As with anything in game, the balancing point is somewhere BELOW max. Below the balancing point, things can be somewhat challenging, but there is room to grow above the balancing point where you can make things easier for yourself if you put more work in.

If you are suggesting elite content requires three rank 200 artifacts, that's still a lie. Elite is about following mechanics and coordinating with your team. High level equipment helps, but you still need to follow mechanics and work with your team.

Also, rank 200 has only been available for a year and a half. The stats and abilities at rank 200 have not changed (for artifacts that existed at the time and newer ones are similar), but your stats from gear, sp, and augments have continued to grow. Your stat gain from artifacts is becoming a smaller and smaller portion of your total stats. Before too long, the stats from artifacts won't be very noticeable, only their affects will be noticable.

But that has nothing to do with my comment. I asked
    then gave some examples of other changes that would satisfy the quoted remark. Again, there's nothing in that statement that screams or even hints at a new gear system. It's just you reading far too much in to something that isn't there. Sure, is possible we get a new gear system at some point, but it isn't needed. Our current gear system is fine, and there are other much more pressing qol items that would "make things smoother for everyone".

Even if they redid the gear system, they wouldn't force everyone to start over at episode 1 (as your comments imply). It looks like part of your goal is to get older instances run more frequently, but this isn't the way to go about it. There have been several other good suggestions on that front that the devs have commented that they are looking in to. Honestly, if I could look at the on duty tab and see what instances people are trying to get in and how close they are to having enough to run, I might queue up to help (if I'm not otherwise busy).
    • Like x 1
  20. BƖack Dedicated Player

Thank you! Been with you guys for 10 years!
    Ofc there were lows and hills but i hope that it will only better now and that you guys finally will fix PVP that's all i want! :)
    • Like x 1