Feel like I'm a pinball!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

This been one of my pet peeves with fighting the anti-monitor in the 8 player raid. Is there any way we can cut down on the crowd control? If we are not getting knock down, we being sent to the sky, if we are not being sent to the sky, we are being thrown back. If we are not being thrown back, we are being pulled forward.
    • Like x 4
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The exobyte shields given in the various event drops are for this very purpose. Considering they are actually a group consumable (a single player using gives the entire group CC immmunity for a short while), the fact that people are getting knocked around so much means that all eight group members are failing to execute that mechanic.
    • Like x 7
  3. Eve YouTuber

I actually didn't know this. Will definitely use them now (I just used to delete them and never read what they were for).
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Save those qwa bombs too. They're amazingggg
    • Like x 4
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I like when I bring one of my farmers in who have junk names, no artis, no white mods, no sp, CR 0, no....nothing...and I'll destroy the rest of the group on the board all because I'm using bombs and they are not.

Gotta feel a bit low when "Newbietoon2021" whups your butt in an event run.
    • Like x 4
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oh god that was you?? I almost deleted my main
    • Like x 6
  7. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Same with the Qwa bombs eating the adds health. The little Qwa shield consumable is to protect players from the crowd control.

Seeing that I’m always blowing players out of the water in damage everytime I run Centennial collapse even as a healer. I’d assume nobody actually uses them
    • Like x 3
  8. Ryazan Dedicated Player

They are a consumable, of course nobody uses them and just let the item stack 999. Like I do in any jRPG game. :p
  9. TomShepard Active Player

Its super annoying to say the least.im using that shield but you need to pop it like every 2 seconds...can we at least make it last like the boos?2 seconds is nothing.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Cooldown is like 5 seconds. If more than 1 person is popping them it should be fine(unless they do it at exactly the same time...could happen I guess). However, likely no one else is popping one. I can tell in a few min if i'm the only one popping mine in a run...some times I'll shout "use the shields too" or sometimes I just bounce around and pop mine as it's available.

I think the effect is more like 3 seconds though...I know it's pretty close to the cooldown as I try to keep my shield up almost constantly and am pretty successful at it. Maybe I'll go time it.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There's a reason why you get so many...and if more people equip and use them, you get great overlap. Now that you know this, pass the info along so you can make your runs a little smoother. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I actually checked this. The effect is about 9-10 seconds, the cooldown is about 6-7, so you should be able to re-up the affect to have it constantly on...and that's if you are the only one doing it. Not sure the range of the affect, but figure it's probably 1/2 the battle area so unless you are spread out, most of the other players should get it or give it to you if using shields.
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Dps and tanks run qwa bombs, healers and trolls run shields for elite. Regular run, tanks and healers use shields, dps and if there is a troll can run the bombs.

While we all here discussing this stuff, how many of yall been successful at the elite? Have made it to 3rd boss plenty of time with my usual crew but just can't seem to get past the boss entering part basically. I'm trying to get us to run 2 tanks, 2 heals, power/ heavy cc troll setup and figuring a prec dps and 2 might based. Open to any suggestions tho. Have run with lfg randoms and it's just a comical disaster so far at 1st boss nevermind 3rd
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I actually have not even attempted it yet, probably next week. A) I figure as people learn the mechanics, I'll let them work the kinks out and B) I'm afraid I'll spend the time to plod through the runs needed and in a week or 2 they will dumb it down anyway (we've seen this before). On the 2nd or 3rd day of the event I had already heard enough horror stories of 1st boss fights taking 2+ hours(one guy said 5) and 3rd boss wipe fests. Sorry I just don't have the time for that right now. I also saw a guy in LFG for over 3 hours trying to salvage a run at 3rd boss....3 hours just sitting and rebuilding failed groups at a single boss fight....for an event. Nope...

Once I have all the purchase feats done on everyone that needs them, and have stocked up on what I'm buying to sell next year, I'll worry about Elite. I'd guess once I can get into a good group or a few of them, we can pick off the few remaining 'Elite only' feats.

If not there is always next year. It's 3.25 SP...which stings...but I'll manage.
    • Like x 2
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hahaha I'm actually laughing out loud. It is tough for sure. And my lord, some of what I've seen is just like wow. But of course, no one talks. No one asks. I went in via lfg the other day because none of my crew was on and I wanted to see if there was something we were missing at 3rd boss.

I don't think it tool 12 secs for 6 out of 8 to die. Like 3x in a row. The tank seemed to know. So I typed in to please stop spreading out and what to do. Done instantly.

2nd boss, same thing. Again I take the time to type in what's worked multiple times for us. Self declared team leader didn't agree with 2 tanks so he voted to kick me. He's "one of those" that's constantly shouting in watchtower. And as bad as it was, I was happy to be kicked. But heard from someone in there that it took about 14secs for the next wipe and no further attempts went any better.

I can happily give you a walk thru up to that point, it's super easy once you know how to do. 3rd boss, I have ideas but no one wants to hear no buff troll anymore
    • Like x 2
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea mechanics like this i just eat because i hate consumables, hate givin up a spot to use them, hate them requiring inventory spots.
    I can genuinely say that i hate them enough that even if each time i popped one i did an instant 10 mil damage i still wouldnt use em lol
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

He's a multiversal threat, he devours planets for lunch and breakfast, although it can be annoying, I love the fact that it's not easy, this is The Antimonitor. Just try to have a bit more patient with him.
  18. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

That 'Feeling like a pinball' thing really annoys me too, but not necessarily when it comes to the Anti-Monitor fight. For me it's more of a general problem that the game seems to have at the moment. There are too many times these days when we are bounced around or control is taken away from us. I'm sure the devs think it makes content 'more challenging', but it often doesn't, it just makes it 'more annoying'!

The current alert has adds in the corridors that randomly turn off your powers. I've been hit with that 3 or 4 times in a row before, so I just have to stand around doing nothing till it wears off (because we don't seem to be able to counter it or break out of it). Annoying!

In the WV alert, Queen Diana would turn off your powers till you activated a weapon rack (really annoying if you were the tank, as her aggro would usually still be on you, so she wouldn't let you activate the rack....so you couldn't use any of your abilities, so you'd often die as you could no longer 'tank'....) Annoying!

I remember the Etrigan fight from the JLD alert had those bouncing balls that would stun you, freeze you etc. (and I swear I'd get hit by EVERY. SINGLE. ONE!!! One after another after another....) ANNOYING!!!
  19. Akaiko Well-Known Player

That's "peacemaker"... I think that's the name.

It requires one of your teammates to realize to interrupt the attack (at least in event; not a member & don't own the episode to know if regular/elite are slightly different). I try to pay attention to when I see it around to get ready for knocking it down--and I try to target it first.
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I hate the last fight in HQ, at least about 5 times in that fight get stuck in the metal ball, so annoying