10th Anniversary Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Ochavez95 New Player

How do I use the Golden Exobyte, thought finishing Constantine quest will help but nope.
  2. Solarbound Committed Player

When's the last time DCUO has actually shown itself to push boundaries? And, community growth? HA!!! I wish I could be happier upon celebrating the 10 yrs of this game's existence.

Yet, I have to be honest, I'm not a fan seeing parts of that letter exaggerate how the state of this game has truly been over its entire course, especially in most recent years. The improvements that are looking to be made sound promising. I read that, then I think of what has really happened over the years after reading such open letters. The empty promises, lack of deliverance, excuses upon excuses that deter this game from its fullest potential, etc.

Let's just hope that this time around those words aren't a trace of such history repeating itself. Under a new company with aspiration for another 10 yrs, especially with what was invested, DCUO should be bigger and better. Having a stronger foundation created for the COMMUNITY as a whole. We'll see, I guess.

Congrats on making it 10 yrs DCUO. But, this is bittersweet.
    • Like x 4
  3. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

I can't even get a Dev to respond to why my membership is being denied but if I want to but MP cash I can go right ahead....
  4. Blight KOBRA Commander

Fingers crossed for an episode centered on the Suicide Squad, since they're getting a movie this year. Hasn't Flashpoint been explored enough already?!
    • Like x 2
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Darth Vader head style confirmed. Finally!
    • Like x 5
  6. Wildcat Committed Player

Does that mean no Flash/Zoom in a Flashpoint episode again? Xd
    • Like x 2
  7. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Engine improvements. Since you really can't improve an engine that was built 16 years ago (2004), any chance on using Unreal Engine 4 (released 2012) or even the newest Unreal Engine 5 (supposed to be released this year 2021)? I just don't see any improvements to a 16 year old game engine that Unreal doesn't really (or at all unless I'm wrong) support anymore.
  8. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Oh dear... :eek::oops: ... :(
    Well, thanks for showing that... still don't know what it is lol.

I'm tired of SP in general and how feat grinding has become so ingrained to progressing your character's stats. It leaves little time for playing other alt characters (I want to try other characters but you're so locked to always playing catchup with your main's SP feats there's little time for anything else). I wish instead of focusing on making 'SP matter' again that they remove the feat system's link to character progression completely and just implement a more traditional XP leveling system. Feats should be cosmetic like in other games and the feat system could be revamped to unlocking style rewards only. 100 feat points to unlock a common style for example, and 1000 points for rare styles. Why not just have Nth Metal, and other similar items, drop from every enemy and have these level up your character through a revamped SP stat tree (and artifacts for bonuses like we have now), for post-level 30 content? But that's a whole 'nother topic for a different day/thread. I was hoping that there would be a live stream today showing the near future plans in more concrete detail, even if just a tease for few minutes.

If Unreal doesn't support it anymore then it would be wise to seek ways to upgrade it, to the newest one if at all possible. It would be an investment into less headaches in the future.
    • Like x 3
  9. Crn Well-Known Player

I think it’s safe to say that majority of us sincerely do appreciate what each and every person does in front and behind the scenes.

But please can we just go back to only having 1 open world boss?
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

You should contact Support. The Devs don't really deal with this kind of stuff. Support is your best bet to get it sorted out.
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us
    • Like x 2
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

HEAR,HEAR
    • Like x 1
  12. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

unfortunately, you don't just "upgrade" a game engine. you have to basically rewrite all the code to take advantage of the new engines abilities. Not quite as bad as starting from scratch, but MUCH more involved than just installing a new piece of software. i do not see it happening any time soon, if ever.
    However, there seems to be a big enough player base to make it a viable option. If they hooked it up with an advertising campaign, they could revitalize this game, make it better and more popular than it's ever been. WoW advertised their ***** off and it paid off for them in a big way. even if you never played WoW you know what a nightelf mohawk is, courtesy of the extended advertising.....
    and people had no idea who Thrall or Silvanis were...Everyone knows Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Joker, Lex Luthor. Bring this game to life for a new generation of kids. hook the advertising to the new movies DC is making...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Traditional...as in what people were accustomed to prior to Legion and Wonderverse. You're right...it could mean anything, but what is clear is that it won't follow the pattern of the last two episodes. That's all they will tell us until they are ready to reveal...as is usual.
    • Like x 2
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Did you send a ticket to support? Customer service should be the ones to sort you out.
    • Like x 1
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No. They've barely scratched the surface (one Episode). Plenty of good stories to mine out of this with different characters.
    • Like x 3
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They can't do that because they would have to rebuild the game from the ground up. This was stated in the past when the question had been brought up.
    • Like x 2
  17. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It was also stated that unreal 5 was up in the air around the office. In case you didn't know other games are upgrading the unreal 5. Why would dcuo not do the same it would cut development time in half with way less bugs with a game like dcuo. They can develop systems at a way faster rate. With unreal 5 developers will be able to upgrade their games to Unreal 5 very easy. Go and read about unreal 5. Unreal 5 isn't ready yet but the dev kits are all the devs have to do is get the game ready to make the jump. They don't even have to rebuild the game just make the jump to the newest engine. build like they are already doing at the most slowest rate with unreal engine 3. But with unreal 5 they could build entire worlds in days not weeks or months. Think about cutting cost of dev time down by almost 60% and the cost of resources to make content. Lets say the next ep we wait for 3months for and its only 1 ep all because we are on unreal engine 3. And not unreal engine 5 were we can have 3 eps in 3 months or 6eps and alot more for pvp. Unreal Engine 5 is how developers are going to put games out 10 times faster with way less money and time. Think of Call of Duty putting out three games a year with unreal 5. Why would we not upgrade to unreal 5. Eg7 already said we were going to have more massive content and a whole new open world. How can that be possible without unreal 5
    • Like x 1
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They upgraded those models with the anniversary event, so they’ll just plug them in.

When you start looking, they’ve done a significant amount of prep work for Flashpoint. It could be a pretty epic amount of content once it’s sewn together.
    • Like x 2
  19. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

I know this is the wrong place to put this but are their still upcoming bonus weeks to look forward to I didn’t see any on the updated events and what not but I was wondering by any chance could we get double qwardian currency for the anti monitor stuff that would be fun to do just a suggestion but any bonus week is fine as they are missed :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Whazues Well-Known Player

i look forward to see what episode 40 will have instore for all of us
    • Like x 1