Obsidian's In-Depth Healer Guide Series Videos

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Juggurnaut Level 30

This is also incorrect. Corrupted blessing will apply to 3 other group members as well as yourself. So 4 members total. The shield is not that much weaker than blessing but does only last 3 seconds. I use this in my rotation and you can pop corrupted blessing about every 6 seconds. I play from the tray with celestial and have a rotation of death mark to corrupted blessing, admonish to blight and consume soul to wrath of the presence. Sometimes I skip the last combo due to healing needed. But because it will shield the 3 members with low health followed by admonish which is your group burst it allows you to fill the 3 members back up or it will catch the others if their health starts going down. I also run the priority with orb and cursed idol with scrap and eye. This acts as another heal on my bar because super regents so quickly. As well as being one of the few 50% healing supercharge left. Eye plus the heals from cursed idol does quite a bit of on the spot healing. Also if you pop regular blessing and then combo into corrupted blessing you can shield up to 7 members depending on the damage being taken at the time.
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Starting the updated Healer Powerset videos with Electric

3. BorysUSPS New Player

Niceeeeeeeeeeee
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The newly released updated water guide for both might, precision and healing.

• Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 1
  6. Cyro Committed Player

What do you think of the watcher for healing with the group heal or offering?
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Watcher isn't viable right now with and without offering, the heals are too weak, too slow and are unable to crit. Using Ritualistic Word every 3 seconds, even without the page artifact is much greater heals than a watcher+offering is capable of.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Using your melee loadout nets 58k dps per second using 30 second parsers. I’m getting 58k parsers as well using my on 30 sec parsers. Difference is, I’m using a range loadout that also doesn’t really on a 12 second dot. You have a habit of try to discredit other people so I’m just going to post my loadout and rotation for aoe here. You can feel free to test it or not. Doesn’t matter. Just don’t want people to blindly follow that loadout thinking it’s the best.

Loadout:
    Freeze breath, soul barrage, soul storm, shard of life, guardian, neo venom boost

Artifacts:
    Transformation, strategist, grimorium

Rotation:
    Barrage > storm > shard > barrage > storm > freeze (only 3 ticks) > tap range (or jump) to stop freeze breath at 3rd tick > clip tap range with barrage > repeat

Sounds more complicated that it is.
  9. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Is this still valid? I know you have been working on updates for all powers.. Getting back into healing and this is/was my go to.

Thanks!
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

remember, you gotta leave out a plate of cookies and a 22 oz. Imperial Stout for Obsidian Chill.

He's like Santa, only, you know, he knows stuff about DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  11. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

For the work he does for the community; I loved to buy a pint or 3 once we can for others!!
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You know you could go to his YouTube page and search for the 2020 Celestial update.
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This is the most updated celestial one, I don't update these threads on the forums any more. If you follow my youtube or join my discord community server you can keep up to date with any questions you have etc. Lots of conversations about healing and dps in the threads.
    • Like x 1
  14. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Thanks ObsidianChill I have just returned to the game and I have watched a mountain of your videos looking at loadouts, rotations and gear. The only thing I find depressing is you basically recommend the same 4-5 artifacts for every build. That is the fault of the designers, not yours, obviously, you are just pointing out that they are the best for every powerset all the time.
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There are other artifacts that are good like dead king scepter, scrap of the soul cloak etc but the problem with those artifacts is that they aren't good enough to use the entire time. DKS is ideally only good if you swap it in before you use an Orbital Strike, Scrap is ideally used when swaped in before a supercharge. The issue is that sometimes its not practical to swap these artifacts in and out during combat and that is also alot of extra $$$$ to level those in addition to the others. Currently there are 3 meta artifacts and before Transformation and Strategist came out it was another 3 meta artifacts in Scrap-Solar-Gemini etc. The problem more lies in how expensive the artifact process is that keeps players to only 3-4 200 rank artifacts instead of being able to use others like Source Shard and pet dps.
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Stick with the metas. Sincerely pet build player.

Lol chill isn't wrong, those 3 are enough to be always good to go. I'm source/grim/quislet lately and yeah I can hang with players using 200lvl strat/trans/sa or grims but that's till a buff troll strolls in.

Trans strat eog can pretty much dual role for a decent healer build or battle tank too.