Happy 10th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2021.

1. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

Happy 10th Anniversary DCUO. Impressed and proud that you are still going strong! Remember to say thank you to your Devs...Even if they piss you off.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 2
  2. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

With all of the effort of updating the Anniversary event, is this the year that it becomes a permanent episode?
    • Like x 1
  3. Mr. G New Player

Happy 10th Year Anniversary DCUO! Been here since September 2012. Been having a ball off and on but cheers to many more successful years to come. Thank you for all your hardwork and dedication DCUO devs, staff, content creators & community.
    • Like x 2
  4. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I love all of this. Only criticism I have is with the chroma and it's a nitpick more than anything, the colors are a in the wrong slots, lol the blue should be in the slots the silvers are in and visa versa .. other than that, which I can live with, I'm very happy to be a DCUO player today !^_^!
  5. The Blurr Level 30

aw shux didnt expect this.. yay! finally it makes a lot right from whats been lost.. :) so happy now.. Thank you for the gifts!!
    • Like x 1
  6. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

so i think that this chroma u give is us as an giift was great but...it feels like an joke that we get her just for one char i mean even at the extralife event we get the stuff for all chars and now just for one? come on that isnt fair there was no massage at the early hours that this is just for one char so i did that for the wrong one :(
  7. Ascended Well-Known Player

Haven't posted here in months but I couldn't let the anniversary go by without saying thank you to the DCUO team.

Last year during the shut down, stuck at home, this game helped me burn a lot of hours and a lot of stress. It gave me and my son another game to bond over. I don't think I ever said thanks for that on the forums, but getting to beat the crap out of evil intent on destroying the world when a virus had actually ground everything to a halt was very cathartic. :D

And I feel like last year gave me a lot of styles I've been asking for. Seriously, at this point I feel like the only major requests I'm still waiting on are the Mr. Terrific mask, more Base NPC's (who won't always draw the attention of interactive pets so those angelic drones will leave 'em alone) and a teched League Hall sized meeting table base item. A few years ago I had a pretty long list and you guys have knocked almost all of it out. And that's pretty awesome.

The last few months, life's been too busy for video games so I've missed out on a lot, but I appreciate the hard work you guys put in. Ten years. Ha. I remember when people said this game was dead after the Sony hack. I'm proud that the game has done as well as it has, and happy to have been along for the ride. Here's to another decade of DCUO!
    • Like x 5
  8. Redwingsrock New Player

Beta / Lifetime here, has it been 10 years already?
    • Like x 1
  9. Ulalume New Player

Alright, 10 years, and I've been here for all ten. Now I'm not great at math, but I think it's officially bullmess for me to have a label saying "New Player".
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

Yah it's a bit misleading that it's based on the number of posts and not the date of account creation. It should say "long time user but likes to sit back and not say much" or something to that effect.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Charon has already stated that it would be around for about 6 weeks.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Posting more often will change that. ;)
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Awesome gifts thanks. That said it would be nice if at least the emblem was shareable across all account toons.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's WAY too much to put right underneath a person's name. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Terror-Go-Round New Player

Thanks so much for the gifts! A little depressed that more people don't play villains, but that's to be expected. Thanks again!
  16. Isif Committed Player

We are the Proud and the Few. Villainy is not for everyone.
    • Like x 1
  17. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Thanks for the gifts:) I was thinking in bring a few of my friends to experience the game. Is it possible to allow the free cr skip to pick any of the powers without restrictions?
    It would be very welcomed.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I'm a little sad, I can't consume the styles on all my alts nor is there an unlock for them. :( I ate the 10 year emblem on my main, thinking I could unlock it on my villain, who collects styles and has the 1 year cape. Now I can't have the emblem and cape at the same time. :(

Happy 10th Anniversary everyone!
    • Like x 1
  19. Solarbound Committed Player

How nice it would be if the active player base reflected such numbers. DCUO celebrating 10 years...
    • Like x 1
  20. Blight KOBRA Commander

Happy 10th Anniversary everyone. Started Beta playing October 2010 and as someone who signed up for a lifetime membership on launch day I can safely say it was worth every penny. It's been a great 10 years and hopefully there'll be another 10 (or more) to come.
    • Like x 1