The DCUO 10th Anniversary Event Begins!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 7, 2021.

1. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

Having a blast so far, thanks!!
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Actually, now that I look at the wording no one can get the Feat unless they've beaten all the bosses (it says all 10 trophies. I was thinking it said any 10)
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Good luck with Darkseid :D
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Man, you are really skurd of Darkseid. Hey, look at the bright side, once you get the statue, you can place it in a room with Ambush bug to drive him insane all day while you are out doing missions. That'll teach him!
    • Like x 2
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I've just discovered - & I mean just - that I have to do both Darkseid & Nekros. I'd assumed I'd already done them. turns out I had, when I was on PC. but not on me PS. tried Nekros today. total, complete, utter shambles. gave up. Darkseid is going to be a nightmare. I am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks. (.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Funny thing is it isn’t even Darkseid himself that’s the problem for me, it’s the fights before him.
    • Like x 1
  7. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Thanks!
    Say, with the trophy statues being locked if you haven't beaten the bosses, then a new player would only be able to buy Brother Eye, correct? (as long as they've beaten him in the Level 28ish Journal mission, or in Inner Sanctum) So they'd have to buy 10 of that one statue to get the feat?

Actually, now that I look at the wording no one can get the Feat unless they've beaten all the bosses (it says all 10 trophies. I was thinking it said any 10)

Now that I understand that this affects everyone (not just new players), I'm fine with it. However, this is an excellent time for devs to relook Tier 7 & 8 bosses & sub-bosses. Everyone of them from Bombshell Paradox through Kandor Central Tower perform special attacks that do way, way, way too much damage (it's been this way ever since Stats Revamp). When Brainiac in BBS can one-shot a CR 300 who has full health, then how is a group that falls in the Relevancy Window supposed to get through the raid? These fights have been so out-of-balance that it's ridiculously easier to get through Amazon Fury III & above Raids, than to get through T7.
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I'm not criticizing you (and I don't know how your group with comprised), but regarding T7 and DWF & KCT:
    With a team of mostly CR 300's I agree these instances are no problem. But these instances should be doable with a full team that falls in the Relevancy Window. In other words, 8 toons that are all between CR 154 & 187 (for DWF) with appropriate level Artifacts, Augments & SP for that CR range, and are playing all 4 roles should be able to get through that instance. Every raid should be built specifically for a full group that falls in the Relevancy Window, so the devs should look at this issue for all of T7, DWF & KCT.
  9. ClumsyNinja New Player

I LOVE the new raid. Speed Force Flux is the FGS we deserve. Not that I don't like FGS, but the hallways...I might play this raid every day in January :D
    • Like x 1
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I just expanded the feat and it says "0/10", which should mean you can buy 10 of the same statue. Usually when you have to buy specific things, there would be a checklist for which ones you've already collected.
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

Is it just me, or does the promo picture make it look like Anti-Monitor is holding a giant feather?
  12. an81angel Well-Known Player

I have a question about the enhanced speed force back style and the Conduit Accessory ... Are they supposed to be identical?

When I equip just the accessory, it looks exactly the same as when I only equip the back, and looks exactly the same when I equip both at the same time. I'm just confused if this is intentional or not. It bothers me a bit since there are two different achievements, one for the accessory and one for the enhanced style, yet they look identical. Why make us buy two of the exact same thing but place them in two separate equip slots? The ONLY difference I can see at all, is that the accessory is faster than the back item. The back item isn't dyable, which is disappointing.
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

The Accessory seems to animate a little bit more and it also comes to the front of your character a bit more. Additionally, the Accessory's lightning effects trail behind your character when in movement mode. The Back style mostly stays in the back area of your character and it seems to animate less frequently. I guess they wanted to give people the option of using another Accessory + some lightning effects.

The Enhanced Back is color changeable, it goes off of your third color palette choice just like the Accessory.
    • Like x 1
  14. Walvine Well-Known Player

Both antimatter event accesory and back peace do not use style tab edit but will use the 3rd colour pallet from colours tab, So speed force colour change only occur after you save changes.
  15. Corsair X Well-Known Player

The Exobyte Origin Style is missing from this years event. It's also called Exobooster. It is Not in the vendor. Can you please fix this. I have not collected all of the Enhanced to unlock the title "Prototype". Last year I didnt have the money for all those replay badges for everything. I think it was just probably overlooked. The event itself is really cool. Thanks.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually I find it funny that the entire 2017 event is missing from the vendor. Some of the items are there for 2018, but the 'oldest' event if you scroll through is 2018. The original event base item feats even say 'collect 10 base items from the 2017 event' (paraphrased).

I guess that means I time traveled to get my first year event feats 1/5/2017....which I guess is in the theme of the event, so yea me!
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

One question: when does it end?
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed, it should be a list. I made the mistake of buying 3 the first night on a toon, then realizing that toon did not have a few of the runs done. Easy runs, but a list would have made it more clear and for event base item feats it would be more in keeping with how it's 'normally' done. List means each item must be collected...0/# count means ANY items could be collected.

Side note, the items are league donatable, so an alt can buy them and donate if you want without affecting your main getting the feat done or having to buy multiples.
  19. Corsair X Well-Known Player

I didn't realize the other stuff from 2017 was missing. What happened here? I wonder if we should make a ticket.
  20. DoubleNegative New Player

No, it isn't. I bought pieces of that style yesterday. It's on the vendor, it's just that the sorting seems a little wonky. If you scroll down on the master list of items, you'll find the Exobyte Origin style, 10 Crowns apiece.