how do premium players survive on just 3k of money?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by emerson brasileiro, Jan 2, 2021.

1. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I'm Freemium for most of the year, mostly because it's sad how PC players have been completely ignored when it comes to membership promotions for the last couple of years = none (I don't care for All Access, I have a job and barely enough time to play DCUO)
    The perks these days... no comment,
    purchase multiple 7 days escrow access during the sales and use it when you really need it, stock on sodas and have plenty of alts.
    • Like x 1
  2. emerson brasileiro Level 30

that would be a good thing, I agree, if they add based on each episode launched or purchased it would already help mt
  3. emerson brasileiro Level 30

7 days fly very fast and I even do it but what about the common days that need more than the so outdated 3k?
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Something like making every 3 month's subscribed a subscribed players gets to choose a DLC to keep (Current DLC not included)

a monthly allowance of 5 stabilizer keys

3 seals of preservation per month

1 seal of breakthrough per month

5 Dollars in DB cash

Increased broker slots

Private LFG Channel (Filters out bots)

Private Shout Channel (Filters out Bots)

Thats all i can think of for now
  5. Imaginos Dedicated Player

When I'm in premium mode and get to my cash cap i buy soders as often as I can and save the stacks to sell back when needed for armor repairs. You lose money that way but if you're not buying a week access to your cash, which i think is a really crappy setup, then that's one of your only options for storing money in material form.

Yeah, lets chase away potential customers with a punitive not player friendly free to play system and an outdated monthly pay system. That makes total business sense to grow the game base.
  6. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Pure brilliance. It is so annoying having to travel from 31st century to Watchtower, but one piece of gear, back to 31st century complete a mission for the cash, back to Watchtower, second piece of gear, back to 31st century, back to Watchtower...I have had to do this up to 7 times when I am gearing up a levelling toon and it is super annoying. I'll try this tomorrow! Thanks.
  7. mrcheap Well-Known Player

I did an 8 man raid and we wiped several times. I couldn't repair at all and my gear ended up totally broken, lucky a buddy gave me a stack of sodas. Not the best method but it works.
  8. L T Devoted Player

It's the big reason many SAY they sub, but it's actually not a great reason. Those same players shell out cash (in addition to the 500 they get gratis each month) for stabilizers (in addition to the 4 extra they earn each month) and replay badges (in addition to the 150 they get each month). Subscription winds up being a very good deal for them.

But that wasn't at all my point. The point is that everyone should be encouraged to take part in the economy. Everyone should be encouraged to take part in every aspect of the game (but PVP and elite are separate discussions-- I'm not derailing the thread).
    Absolutely true.

They don't even need to remove or change the cash cap. Just improve the value of Escrow Tokens, make all of them account-wide/7-day, maybe add a 1-day complete unlock for $1, and give away a free one at the end of leveling and/or with the purchase of an Episode. Those types of things will encourage more players to want to take part in the economy, chase rare collections, and generally improve overall player engagement.

Also:
    PREMIUM PRO-TIP: Probiotic from the Doomsday Event is easily accessible, stacks really well, and sells for more money than sodas. Don't leave Metropolis without it!
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure it will 'work' for you, especially if you are doing that back and forth. That was actually how the idea came to mind back during Deluge. I was planning on buying the vendor set and split my soders up already, that filled my inventory. When I thought about it, I was like, 'hey...why not do this to save the trip back?' and haven't looked back since.

Again, though.....please remember to cash out of any unused ones by the end of the session. It's the one fly in the ointment, as doing that will make you miss a day of missions.
  10. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The total access to your money is one of the only remaining true benefits of Membership. If they added that to premium, I think you would see a lot more people drop membership and just buy whatever DLC comes out instead. While it is frustrating when you hit that cash cap, it's very easy to stack up sodas when completing content where you do not need money. That or drop in a few exos for a few grand. they sell pretty quickly so you can have a steady stream of 2K caps if you are planning on spending money during the day.

I play some premium accounts and have never had an issue with buying things unless you are looking to get high end items from the broker...in that case, pay for membership for a month, pay for the escrow unlock or if you are lucky open your every 4 days TC and trade what's inside .
    People that choose to remain F2P I have no pity for....it's 5 bucks to get to premium...just buy a workstation, teleporter or something over $5 and get the premium. ( e.g.).
  11. emerson brasileiro Level 30

for those who have nothing but legendary to have a good premium account with all the episodes and still buy money to assemble the artifacts will have to spend mt more than the monthly so a life of premium full is more expensive than the monthly.
    the benefit of buying the episode is that it becomes yours forever
  12. emerson brasileiro Level 30

the benefit of the premium is long-term and only for those who can invest little by little because the benefit of the legendary is much more immediate and profitable with discounts in the market, and the money earned belongs to whoever won and so I don't think the game is fair block me in an achievement that they have no work to develop and yes I have to run after every penny so it's mine
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Side note....you are aware you can edit your previous posts up to 30 min later, right?

Continue....
  14. Monkeyboy Committed Player

While I wish you best of luck in your situation, it's a little short-sighted to apply this logic only one way. The 3k limit is one thing that motivates people to buy memberships. This is a payoff on their investment. Without memberships, how long do you think the game lasts? It's a double edged sword, really. You increase the cap and a lot of memberships vanish, which causes the game less resources for content, etc. There's creative ways around the cap.
  15. emerson brasileiro Level 30

good, I've been playing for a long time but only now I decided to participate more in the forum, I didn't know, thanks for the information
  16. emerson brasileiro Level 30

imagine my friend, many games survive with several different plans, but the truth lacks creativity in providing more options for plans and not only buy episodes or pay legendary, there can be an infinite number of proposals in plans and yet personal money should not even be put into in the middle of all this because they earn a lot of money with items of aesthetics and time capsules and articles of evolution of artifacts and everything else that sells in the market, seriously say that the game you think will break because of the unlocking of personal money of the player, I'm laughing at what you say
  17. Monkeyboy Committed Player

The truth lacks creativity or just you? While you're laughing, there's people that have figured out how to play while as premium. Have you? Still laughing? Personal money should be excluded because they make money? What?! That attitude is because of PERSONAL reasons!!!! Reality is DCUO is a business that has a responsibility to their employees, shareholders and player base. What games offer what DCUO offers that is a better value or plan? There's plenty of ways around your grievances, you just want the easy way out.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

The perks have always been too weighted to the full access to money, the perks need to be diversified
    • Like x 1
  19. emerson brasileiro Level 30

I want to play more fairly and not more easily, if it's the easiest way, just stay in the event mode and never spend anything else, but the intention is to propose ways to update the money as the cost increases, from premium to muinto tenpo and the proposed solutions for me is already a fact of everyday life, but it’s still not fair because most online games don’t use this lock to attract players to pay the legendary, buy space in the inventory, buy space in the bank and even space at the brokerage, and I wanted more options to redeem my money which I work to earn, I bought several times the 7-day access, but if they sell a 30-day access without all the other things like access to episodes and more fragments in the stabilizer and discount in the market, nothing more than access to my money, with the fair value and with a guarantee I would also buy, in my country the dollar increased in such a way that many stopped playing, you think I'm here just p r me? pay the same amount from the beginning but for us this amount has already increased by more than 300% because of the high dollar,
    leaving a simpler plan does not lead the company to bankruptcy, on the contrary, it makes it more accessible and attracts players from all walks of life and is not just for those who can spend a lot.

I want to play more fairly and not more easily, if it's the easiest way, just stay in the event mode and never spend anything else, but the intention is to propose ways to update the money as the cost increases, from premium to muinto tenpo and the proposed solutions for me is already a fact of everyday life, but it’s still not fair because most online games don’t use this lock to attract players to pay the legendary, buy space in the inventory, buy space in the bank and even space at the brokerage, and I wanted more options to redeem my money which I work to earn, I bought several times the 7-day access, but if they sell a 30-day access without all the other things like access to episodes and more fragments in the stabilizer and discount on the market, nothing more than access to my money, with fair value and with certainty I would buy it too, in my country the dollar increased so much that many stopped playing,
  20. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That's a great tip! I'll have to start doing that from now on once my current membership lapses.