Enough with the bounties

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

The last two DLC, between Wonderverse and Legion, we had to run these things, like almost 200. Now with the New Anniversary event, we have 3 more bounties to grind/ Events suppose to be fun, not another grind fesrt. I don't know anyone else, but I am completely burned out with these bounties, it's time for a change, try to come up with something new.
    • Like x 11
  2. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

25 per bounty, you'll be fine.
    • Like x 4
  3. Vella Well-Known Player

But hey, no timer. So that's a win. I guess.
    • Like x 4
  4. Vella Well-Known Player

It doesn't go to 50?
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Only 25. A single rotation of bounties takes about 5-6 minutes if you are in a good phase.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These are not world bosses like were used in the last DLCs. These are just regular/actual bounties in the open world.
    • Like x 16
  7. zNot Loyal Player

These are absolutly fine and more fun then the legion ones i hope the open world bosses wont be in the dlc,small Bountys like these are enough.
    • Like x 4
  8. Proxystar #Perception

To be honest these are great, no real timers or delays between boss spawns, these are what bounty circuits should be like imo :) much better.
    • Like x 12
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I want something new as well but there is nothing wrong with the bounties, you can finish them in 1 week of regular play, there are no timers and you don't need a giant team. Ofc it's bad timing because we are already farming Legion+Wonderverse bounties, but it's just a event.
    • Like x 1
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Spoiler alert - no Wonderverse or Legion style world bosses in the next episode. You will see bounties like these or Calc-bot, etc. as we find need for them but we all want a break from the other style bounties but can hopefully take certain elements from them and what we've learned such as UI elements, contribution for different roles, etc.

We did make sure these bounties were more old school like and had a low count for feats - less need to grind. Timing is what timing is but this event will continue again and again, so there won't always be back to back mega open world boss fights right before any given Anniversary event.
    • Like x 29
  11. glamazom Level 30

I would also like to add. I was able to do 1 rotation (cerb, elemental and paradox) with a few friends and a whole lot of pugs in a matter maybe 7-8 minutes. The burn was so good we were waiting at times. The count only goes to 25. There are 30 days in the event give or take. You could do a bit at a time. I also feel the fatigue at times, but just listen to a podcast, music, or hangout with your friends. Makes the grinding more tolerable. Good luck :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

For what it's worth, I quite liked the open world bounties. Needed tweaks, of course, but it got better from wonderverse to legion, I'm sure it can be approved upon. The bounties and secondary currency kept me logging on everyday as opposed to once or twice a week.
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

There are a lot of pros to it and some cons and room for improvement. We aren't saying we'll never do it again but we will be taking a break from it and when we next do it, it'll be better and won't be back to back in 2 episodes.
    • Like x 11
  14. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I hear you and know that you have a large, opinionated audience to please. Glad to hear the idea isn't totally scrapped, though.
    • Like x 1
  15. Darkarl Active Player

WAIT, YOU DID WHAT??? THE EVENT NOW HAS SPAMS!!!??? smh
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Even though I agree this form of bounties farming is much better, I still have to also agree with those who are a little disappointed to see any form of bounty cycle grind again. I dont care if the feat only goes to 10, I'm just over it lol
    • Like x 3
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It’s really just the vendor prices which dictate how many times we have to fight the bounties. It’s the hours upon hours of spamming that’s the problem. Not the actual boss battles or system. From what I gathered that was the main takeaway from Wonderverse and then the prices went UP for Legion! I’m pretty sure most would agree, it’s a waaaaaaayyyyyy too much of a good thing scenario.
    • Like x 2
  18. Fwames Well-Known Player

Boo hoo.. I need to spam these 25 kill count in a day because I can't possibly do 1 round each day for the dailies during the
    course of the event boo hoo... I must do everthing in a day.
    • Like x 1
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

but then who's going to save the world?

what I find funny is as much as i hate the time gaps doing the wonderverse and legion bounties i find i hate the lack of a time gap doing the new bounties just as frustrating. not enough time to do some of the other daily missions, get to a vendor to reset or to change your loadout or try something different before the next bounty goes up and down.

first world problems.
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

That is where I am too, I'm just burned out killing bounties x amount of times, become old and redundant.
    • Like x 2