Rant time re: Shutdowns and connections

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Dwild Well-Known Player

It used to be a hard wired shutdown at 8 AM where I live...was that way for years. Then suddenly, if you had to change toons or teleport 5 minutes before the scheduled shutdown, for some reason DBG decided "Oops...sorry, you can't come in or switch 5 minutes before." Today I had 15 minutes to go to run the holiday event and again suddenly, every time you try to teleport, you DC. (Not just me, everyone I knew in game got slammed the same way.) You're coming up on your Tenth Anniversary and you still keep dropping bricks on us with little or no apparent reason. Or explanation. Ok rant done...but these "SURPRISE! WE'RE DOWN AGAIN!" moments are getting absurd...with 10 years experience these kind of things should decrease, not increase.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the new 'timeout' before the shutdown. If shutdown is a 8AM (CST for me), then If I switch to a toon at 7:55 AM, then why can't I? It's 5 min at shutdown, but no big whup right? Guess I just don't get why the change was put in. Iv'e gotten on in the morning before when I know I'll be off most of the day, or will be leaving town (ok...not so much the last 9 months) and have spend the 7AM to 8AM time getting in as many dailies/vault/ free mark in the OW area...as I can. I can hit a lot of toons in 5 min if just grabbing the 1 mark freebie.

The Teleport issue I've seen before, I doubt it was planned, more an error, but yeah for those of us who play during that reset-reboot period between 2AM and 8 AM( CST again) currently when things go wonky it's pretty frustrating.