Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Which is why Absorb Heat is great with The Transformation Card Artifact.

"Gain 20% critical chance and 30% critical magnitude on your attacks and heals. Reduce your total damage and healing done by (21/19/17/15)% "

So you get buffed twice at the same time.
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Sup guys, Idk how many people are still here from a couple years ago. Name was Primary Burn back in the day. What’s the chances anyone remembers that name and still plays haha
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

EP 38 Artifact: Lernaea's Amulet - One person commented...

"Edit 2: This at even 120 gives Fire tank permanent, potent af self-healing with 99% channeling uptime and essentially no downside. It's basically what I already do but with this arti I'd have a good chunk more healing and no healing gap. It shouldn't be broken, just pointing it out. Might prove even more potent on other tanks who traditionally lacked extreme self-healing."

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/ep-38-artifact-lernaeas-amulet.309975/
  4. StarWave251 Level 30

5. Balorr New Player

6. Tocimus Committed Player

Might have to make one then. I doubt the op is still around.
  7. L T Devoted Player

yeah I haven't updated things in a while due to time restrictions and the fact that everyone seems to prefer videos.
    soulburn passed things off to me a few years ago. Feel free to create your own guide if you like. Let me know if you need any info about how things work or how much healing/damage things do.
  8. Tocimus Committed Player

Just coming back after an extended break. Like when solar artifact was new and fire was still trashed.
    Glad to finally be able to play it again.
    Just making my way back through the comments.
    What is the guide up to date to?
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

10. Tocimus Committed Player

11. L T Devoted Player

Good link! Made some minor contributions there, and AV's guide is five-star if you want to might-dps.
    Not for Fire. The trick with Freezing Breath is the second tick of damage comes really quick-- quicker than 90% of 2 ability combinations. So you wait for the second tick of damage and jump cancel it and move on to the next ability in your rotation.
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

What I'm doing with: Transformation-Strategist-Solar Amplifier
    Boss Fights:
    Inferno -> Overheat -> Heat Vision -> Fireburst -> Freezing Breath / Fireball Barrage Supercharge

The idea is to get as many ticks going and let Strategist do its job.

Mobs: (I use the same thing for solo/open world stuff)
    Inferno clipped by Stoke Flames -> Heat Vision -> Fireburst -> Freezing Breath
    I also have Flashpoint if I know I can juggle them around. Or if the tank has a bunch around so I can do a quick hit on all of them.

Remember, even if you're a DPS Strategist will give you a heal. Which makes Stoke Flames really good during bounty fights.
  13. Balorr New Player

You are right about the videos. I still prefer reading due to the depth of explanation. The “update needed” was a placeholder for me. I posted a significant amount of tank info, but wanted to update it for the new dlc....just haven’t gotten around to it.
  14. Tocimus Committed Player

Been using ieddy's builds and having a blast as dps
  15. AruEdu Well-Known Player

it is not outdated??
    esa guia no esta caducada?? muchas de esas habilidades iconicas ya ni existen como la Cura empatica
  16. L T Devoted Player

This entire guide is more or less outdated. Neither Soulburn nor I have touched it in years.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's from 2013 of course it's outdated.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I love the fact that the question needed to be asked when it sports this section....

Dominance requirements for each raid:
    Khandaq : 350
    Batcave 123 : 350
    FOS 123 : 400
    Gates & Prime : 550
    Operations : 550

My tank has underwear that provides more dom than that.
    • Like x 3
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol
  20. Lara Committed Player

xD