The DCUO Winter Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 23, 2020.

1. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Time to load up on replays! Thank you! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
  2. MYDAMAGE OP New Player

No sale up as of dec 24th whats going on
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

One thing you may consider (if you've already used all your character slots) is to buy another character. On 11 January Member should get a Skip (probably to CR 300 this year). It would be cheaper to buy another character now than then. Naturally one could also delete a character & use that slot. Also, of course, there will never be a better time to buy Stabilizers (not that I recommend buying Stabilizers / opening Time Capsules - the RNG is terrible).

Here's a guide on the Marketplace overall, may be of some use (not just now, but year-round).
    DCUO Marketplace and Real Money | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)
  4. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Almost forgot; probably the most important thing a serious player could buy is Armories - they're the one thing that's really needed you can't get just by playing the game & can only get through the Marketplace. You get do one from the Level 1-30 Mission, but can only get a second from the Marketplace. (at least 1 for DPS, 1 for Support Role is really needed for each Toon)
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Can't get on this morning. Do we know yet that the slots are indeed included? Seriously, I think it's been a year for a sale that included them. I'm down with seals and all that, but I was really hoping for inventory slots (better if new slots were added for my maxed account even), as my premium accounts are choking on inventory.
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

no idea but if i read things right the guy was wondering what they were full price
  7. Vicious Well-Known Player

They are definitely included.

Bank slots usually cost 270 and are on sale right now for 135. Inventory and shared bank cost 360 and are currently 180 each.

Several other things that I always recommend people stock up on during sales:

Renown Booster Box x4: 90 > 45
    Armories: 450 > 225
    Portable Workstation: 900 > 450
    Seal of Completions: 450 > 225

I'm also grabbing myself a bunch of styles and a few base themes that I don't have :)

SO STOKED!
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

180 for inventory and shared bank, and 135 for bank. ( alas max the limit has not increased : ( )
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'll do a few SOC, but I mainly get SOP, which I'm also guessing are included. Those are actually the member price, but I get your meaning...thanks for confirming...time to stock up a few alt account wallets.

With the additional inventory/bank options a few 'dps only' toons might get a 2nd armory too!

I'll add to your list, base teleporter, not a bulk item, but maybe pricey at full price. If you don't have one, now is a great time.
  10. Vicious Well-Known Player

I was gonna add teleporter to the list but forgot. It's probably the #1 must-buy item in the store if you don't already own one.
  11. Vicious Well-Known Player

Oh and I'd also definitely recommend picking up some Legends if you're one of those people that wants to at least complete the Checklist and Team-Up feats (which are pretty easy and give a ton of skill points overall).
  12. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Here's a clip showing costs for all items on the DCUO Marketplace with no sale prices. Toon is a non-member. Prices are for PC version of the game. Costs are as of 30 July 2020.
    DCUO Marketplace Non-Sale Costs - YouTube
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It might not be worth mentioning, but the Ultimate edition is on sale for $48 right now via Steam if you are on PC. In the in game MP it's full price...but also in game it's the 2017 version which includes ep pack 3...which the steam version does NOT. Choose wisely if you are looking at either.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm holding out for the next LPVE week. Last go all legends were opened up, so I plan on knocking out any missing Team ups then. I've got all the categories covered with one from every 'family' and don't play LPVE that much to make it worth having a full arsenal.

But yeah, 1/2 price is 1/2 price.
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

I spent my cash reserves on a couple Booster Bundles cause I reckoned there wouldn't much else worth it for a bit but Seals of Completion for 225 is pretty tempting.
  16. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Finally got those Royal chromas :D some name changing tokens, not to mention armories and extra bases, won't lie, I'm pretty happy about this sale, ty
    • Like x 1
  17. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

****ALERT!!!****ALERT!!!****ALERT!!!****ALERT!!!****ALERT!!!****ALERT!!!****ALERT!!!****ALERT!!!****ALERT!!!****

The 15,000 Marketplace Cash deal is back on the Playstation Marketplace (probably on other platforms, haven't checked yet). This is the best deal you can get on Marketplace Cash. Be aware it doesn't come up with a search for DCUO or DC Universe Online. You have to search for '15,000 Marketplace Cash + Bonus'
  18. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

To clarify; Stabilizers don't have a percentage discount, but the 40 pack of Stabilizers is the cheapest way you can buy them - I should have specified, my mistake. (again, not advocating that people waste money on Stabilizers, but if someone out there feels that they just have to buy some, there is no cheaper way)
    • Like x 1
  19. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Also FYI - you have to buy through the Playstation Store, not the in-game Marketplace
    • Like x 1
  20. Elda Mad as a Hatter

Not up on PC, never has never will likely.