I guess this is the equivalent of review bombing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tukuan, Dec 23, 2020.

1. tukuan Devoted Player

As of this writing the Last Laugh is beating Long Live the Legion in the twitter poll 62.3% to 37.7%. I sincerely doubt that most who voted could even cite what was delivered with Last Laugh without looking it up. For the record, it gave us a duo, some legends toons and a few arenas. While it's very possible that some long timers voted based on fond memories I have to believe that those arenas haven't been seen by the lion's share of the voters and most probably skipped right by the duos on their way to endgame.

Personally I ran those duos ad nauseum but still don't hate them. Also Killowog and Power Girl were two of my go to Legends for some time. That said I don't think there's much of a comparison between the episodes, which to be fair is likely why the devs matched them in the ladder.

Yes I get that it's somewhat ironic that I'm judging someone else's opinion but again I don't believe they are voting on which is better but rather as some sort of statement. At the end of the day it's a meaningless poll but this a like people who slam Green Lantern as the worst super hero movie ever while it's not even in the top 5 worst DC related movies (see below). Both GL and the Legion episode are no where near their potential and fall well below expectations but a little objective consideration is a healthy thing or at the very least try the other options and give an honest opinion.

As for GL, you have every right to claim that it's the worst DC movie, right after you sit through all of these crap-fests:
    - Steel
    - Superman IV
    - Supergirl
    - Swampthing
    - Batman and Robin
    - Catwoman

In contention
    - Jonah Hex
    - Batman Forever
    - Superman III (even though I love Richard Pryor)
    • Like x 4
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

ahhh who could forget Batman and robin..... BAT-NIPS and BAT-Crack
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To its credit, Batman and Robin did at least have gender equality in the gratuitous hiney shots in the suit-up sequence.

Granted, it's a very tiny bit of credit for that trainwreck of a film, but it is SOME credit. LOL
  4. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

holy cow i think you finally found the one thing that might redeem the film....lol ok yeah thats an exaggeration but still excellent point.
  5. Megzilla Developer

The Joel Schumacher Batman movies are actual treasures and some of my favorite movies. The camp is real and I am here for it.
    • Like x 4
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

theres actually a better source for batsy camp fun, and yes i mean the tv series with adam west.
    • Like x 5
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Most likely, the result is due to the fact that for two DLCs people hated bosses in the open world so much that if they put an old boot there for comparison, people would vote for it, without even noticing that there is a boot and not a DLC ...
    I think people did not vote for Last Laugh but against bosses in the open world ...
    • Like x 1
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Obviously you are entirely entitled to your opinion.

But Joel Schumacher disagrees with you. FWIW.

George Clooney also thinks the movie sucks.

Akiva Goldsman, the writer, also thinks the movie failed:
    As I said, FWIW. Everyone is entitled to like what they like, of course.
    • Like x 3
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

It's a little bit of an imbalance because they put a PVP DLC against a PVE DLC. What they should have done is place the PVP DLCs into their own bracket and then... oh, wait... :p

If people are vote-bombing for Last Laugh, it's because they at least know that it was PVP based. This indicates there is still a desire among a decent enough group of the population to see some love and attention given back to PVP (even though almost all of the sandbox PVP zones are completely dead, there seems to always be PVP'rs on the PVE side at the Little Bohemia PD).

As to the movies, all of the ones you mentioned had multiple issues. Green Lantern's only real issue, on the other hand, was the writing had the depth and width of a toddler's wading pool. They tried to cram at least a trilogy's worth or material (origin of Hal, origin of the Corp, Hector Hammond, Sinestro and Parallax) into a single movie.

...aaaaand now we're off-track. Back to the subject: PVP needs luv 2.
    • Like x 2
  11. Megzilla Developer

They're still some of my favorite movies; IMO it'd serve them better to laugh at it and lean into it, like Tommy Wiseau and The Room lol.

Anyway, I super hijacked the thread, I'm sorry.
    • Like x 1
  12. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Maybe people...and I know this is a wild idea....are just voting for the episode they liked more? It's kind of insulting to the community as a whole to assume that those of us who voted don't know exactly what we voted for.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i loved uma thurman as poison ivy.
  14. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I'm with you.
    Batman Forever and Batman and Robin are wonderful and fun movies. They, like most things in the 90s primarily served to appeal to kids, sell toys, get people to eat at McDonalds, etc. and they certainly did. Were they perfect? No. For sure not. But they were fun. Batman forever particularly will have a very special place for me, as it was the first time in my entire life that my mom took me to a movie theater to see a movie, and the second movie I ever saw in the theater.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

Pretentious film wankery aside, I know MY reasons for voting for Last Laugh. Mepps said something about potentially playing the content related to the winning episode...and I'd love to see the devs play some of the wonderful PvP, since that was what Last Laugh was primarily focused on. Some of us just want to watch the world burn, LOL.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Uma was an excellent Poison Ivy, and honestly, I liked Arnold as Mr. Freeze. Bane could have been done a little better. But the movie was still a lot of fun.
  17. Jcal Dedicated Player

I can't believe you didn't mention the Shield weapon. I won't stand for it! Clearly the Shield fans are showing up in force for Last Laugh lmao.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I still run the last laugh duos, shady nightclub is actually where i got my green lantern backup to drop.
    And ill say, try que up for shady every day for a week, I guarantee youll never wait more then 5 mins and probably even get in with a high end game.
    Its probably actually my favorite duo if not mission in the game.

Last laugh was the pvp dlc, i think it might have been the episode that gave us the shield weapon also.
    Im not familiar with your name, i dont know if youve been around as long, but there has definitely been a drop in dlc quality, a new player just couldn’t tell because how they have the marketplace setup now, u used to buy dlc to unlock new powers, weapon or the hand of fate trinket, which back then you had to buy the dlc to get the utility belt.

I believe what turned your thread into a parody is that you brought up irrelevant movies and this allowed people to de rail your post.. try keeping on topic here or this will happen often.

If you like legion its all good for you, but for me & most of us.. after getting amazing dlc like the og lantern ones, hand of fate and braniac era stuff.. todays is definitely lacking. Plus idk who came up with these bounties instead of missions, but ummm issa no for me.
    • Like x 1
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I voted for The Last Laugh because the legends characters added much more to the game in the long term for me than the bounty spamming + a low quality raid will ever do

The episode quality was a lot better the past 3 years when compared to the starting 3 years, it's just this episode that is probably the worst full one since they ended monthly content (RwC was terrible as well, but it wasn't a full episode). Hand of Fate was unplayable and a RNG disgrace at launch and the Brainiac stuff (Besides Prime) wasn't a dlc, plus it was almost half a year to get 2-3 raids and maybe a alert. This past episode was terrible and I voted for the Last Laugh because of the new legends characters, but even with just 1 raid and 1 alert it's still much more content (and more polished), in a smaller time window than the first dlcs on average.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

:confused:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4