10th Anniversary Episode Bracket!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

The Paradox Glitch could be done on PC btw. The one where everyone used clownbox to glitch the wall (not the door) and be handed up into the ceiling. That's how you were able to kill all bosses without dying.
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

sons of trigon was 1 of my favs
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

90% of this game could be glitched and still could, the thing is content is so easy now that players don't have the need to find ways to exploit it.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Wasn't that the Prime Battleground glitch?

I also seem to recall the dox door glitch didn't have to do with clown box but how you activated the cutscenes left the door wide open. The PS could walk right in. That it took advantage of the lack of memory. The one you mentioned does sound like it was possible on pc. Don't know, never seen it first hand. Never heard people calling for groups. I guess it could be an inner circle secret, but there weren't a lot of people with full traces gear PC side.

Clownbox really was a means to glitches and exploits, huh? They nerfed the thing so many times and still could be used someway. I am surprised they didn't just remove it altogether.
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Not sure about the Prime Battleground but I know for sure it was for Paradox. I would know. I did it to get full Traces gear. (I know I know, I'm not proud of it now. I was like 15 and wasnt thinking. I despise any glitches or exploits that take the fun away.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, so looking at the brackets, I'm guessing the final 8 will be
    -AF3 vs Origin Crisis (this one might be a battle)
    -AOJ vs HOP1 (WV seems too new to be in there and introduced the now questionable 'bounty spamming', but could be instead of HOP1)
    -TT vs Metal2
    -AF2 vs Atlantis (figuring Atlantis beats Deluge and E3 off the open world)

I'd like to have seen AF3 vs Origin in the final, but I think whoever wins that one goes to the finals as AOJ or HOP1/WV should be easy to beat. The other side looks like more of a matchup as all 4 were solid but none were clear winners. Atlantis maybe having the edge as it had the open world people seemed to really love. Personally I'd say AF2 gets it, but again, I'd say the winner of AF2 vs Atlantis will go to the finals beating TT or M2.

I'm honestly thinking it will be Origin vs AF2 in the finals now....will be interesting to see how it pans out. Who knows...maybe it will be Home turf vs Trigon, and I'm completely reading it wrong. I just like trying to play it out and see if I'm close.
  7. Eve YouTuber

So today It's between Episode 19 (Deep Desires\The Demon's Plan) and Episode 24 (Darkseid's War Factory & Harley's Heist).
    I personally voted for Episode 19 even though It's going to be outvoted because people love War Factory raid (It's a good raid).
    I just love any Raven related content.

https://twitter.com/DCUO/status/1333488044599627776

Can vote here^ If you have twitter
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See I'm torn on this one. DWF was and is still good run, but Harley's Heist was one of my least favorite duos and the introduction of the 'Lois Griffin' Harley voice. Demon's plan was a good alert and had an Elite version which was tough (cake now), the solo was easy, but solos are always decent as you don't need to depend on a queue or the quality of your team mate once you get in. Both were easy, and inconsequential however...so wash for actual content. And I'd hardly call it 'raven' related...Trigon related maybe.

DWF wins out in the end, but yeah...a good match up even as it's alert/solo vs raid/duo.

If I'm being honest, I'd never be able to go with Demons' plan if for nothing else past the horrible dialogue during the last boss cut scenes and fight...I mute it every time it comes up.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

Well Raven guides you throughout the solo... :) i meant content she basically participate in. I don't really mind Demon's plan but it is the only Green Arrow content (Canary got spotlight in BoP).
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

TT vs Atlantis would be interesting.

The elite community would no doubt pick TT due to the far better raids, as well as the dislike for swimming in raids in Atlantis. On the other side, no-one can deny the incredible work put into making the Atlantis open world, and even the Sea Beast NPC boss in the Throne raid. One of the greatest achievements in DCUO post launch imo from an art perspective.

I'm personally torn but in terms of keeping my attention I'd personally lean towards TT. The raids let Atlantis down overall (but I would like to see Sea Beast again in some form as that could be reused in a better way later)
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Results and bracket are updated for the week!
  12. BumblingB I got better.

You know, it's funny, players probably voted for Last Laugh thinking that would help with a PvP update. It wont and it wasn't a great dlc either.

In any case, good luck to the rest of the DLCs.
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Im really wondering Mepps,

Will the winner of the bracket list influence what type of episode and content we would get in the future Episodes? If yes then more people would take part in the votings but most dont really bother since they think it wont incase it does effect our Episode/content please inform us.
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Deluge kind of gets a bad wrap. The Starro content isn’t really considered part of the episode since it had come out a year before already; so many think back on Deluge as just one raid (and a solo if they remember it was new too).

If you consider all the content in Deluge, it’s not bad. Atlantis still beats it, though.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The bracket is both fun and informational.
    • Like x 2
  16. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

My bet: Age of Justice vs Atlantis and Atlantis wins
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

But I'm surprised the Amazon episodes performed so badly agaisnt lantern content (AFII is by far one of the best episodes) It may be just the twitter dcuo community but it looks like the Theme lantern is by far the favorite and the low episode quality wasnt enough to beat the theme (the lantern episodes contents were all below average in my opnion, with fight for the light being one of the worst ones, thus the surprise)
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

OC doesnt deserve it though, all we have about it is nostalgia. It caused a huge population drop and the RNG was pure dog**** garbage, probably the casuals will vote it out agaisnt a better match.

AOJ is the most structured one (I hated the theme really bad and dont ever want to touch aoj ever again bc of it, but it lasted for half a year with a decent population) and deserves to get to the finals in my opnion
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is why, I'd actually like to see AF3. I think it was better than AOJ content-wise (i'll take the greek gods over the red headed whiny ***** any day) and def better than OC. It also closed the door on the monthly episodes, returning to large scale DLCs, bringing some people back to the game even. GOM and OLY still show up frequently in LFG, even though there are no special rewards to be had...meaning people actually like running them. A lot of raids can't say that.

BTW. I wasn't saying what I'd want to be in the last 8....I was saying what I thought would show up there. I'd have picked Trigon if it were up to me, but I thought there was no way it would beat M2 as it has no raids and our community tends to trend towards raids. Guess I was wrong on that count (happily) as Trigon was one of my fav DLCs, even without the raids.
    • Like x 2
  20. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

AF3 is really great as well, but it loses because of the open world in my opnion. AOJ had 2 open worlds and Atlantis had a brand new one that was huge.
    • Like x 1