Adaptive Augments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dubb Lantern, Dec 3, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I was saying to a friend if you sink last DLC augments into new augments your new augments should have the perks of the old augments under the buffs under social menu (up on dpad on ps4) could carry over all perks from all DLC' to our new augments so having the newest augments isnt seen as a downside in old content.
    • Like x 1
  2. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yeah... it's a pain in the butt... there are only two solutions....

1) after you change armories mid game, move off to the side and change to the proper augments then go back into the fray. Hard to do during a boss fight, but it's either that or just lose out on the benefits of the proper augments.

2) if you know what raid you're running ahead of time, quickly imprint those augs in the armories you'll need before queing in. Though this method is not possible to do if your raid group is just random queing.
    • Like x 2
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Your issue is minor, if you running past content that's hard simply preplan it and switch them out and imprint them. The issue you making is say you doing old content that you out gear it, then you don't need them old augments in the first place.
  4. Walvine Well-Known Player

I like the idea that adaptive augment would not store or be affected by armories at all but instead auto equipt on entering episode content.
    So if player go into content while in dps the two highest prec or might related would equipt , Then if player enter while support mode highest dom,vit,rest related would equipt.
    After all they are supposed to only be active while in the episodes related.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

All of your solutions are still more work than simply not imprinting armories with adaptive augments. It’s a quality of life issue.
  6. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

That is actually a good idea. BUT... that would make leveling up our augments too easy and remove the aspect of the "grind" which is what keeps us playing day after day. If they did that, then they may as well make Artifacts account bound, giving alts access to all artifacts on the account. Which they will never do.

That would also cut off the portion of their income stream that comes from people buying the perfected exos to throw into their augments at the beginning of every dlc.

That would actually be a really great solution. Devs... please consider this. I can't see why this couldn't be implemented. Just one suggestion. Later augments provide higher stats, right? So let there be an "auto" or "manual" option for the switching out of the augments. So if a player chose to go with the higher stats rather than the buffs, great. If they chose to always go with the buffs over the stats, then that's fine as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Perhaps you didnt understand my suggestion? You would still need a ctap load of XP just you do now even if you sink a level 23 wonderverse Aug in a 0 legion aug it will only take it to around level 8 or lower. So I'm not seeing how it screws the devs out of XP sales. As most people have and will always do this.

I'm just trying to find a way to get use out of sinking augments into new DLC augments. This is my best suggestion.
  8. Whodini Well-Known Player

So yeah...

I think the solution would be to have adaptive augment perks be active REGARDLESS of which ones you have equipped, as long as you still have them in your inventory. Actually, there is really no need to have them equipped right?. Just remove the stats from them Devs. I think this fixes the whole problem.

If you dump old Augments into new ones, you would then lose the perks of the old augment. HARRUMPH!
    • Like x 2
  9. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Ah.... i see what you mean. Yeah, that would be ideal.