Producer's Letter: Daybreak Acquisition and DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Dec 1, 2020.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Win what?

No, you don't have to do anything.
    • Like x 3
  2. N-IX Well-Known Player

the real question is: are we going to lose our characters when the game overhaul is done and which is scheduled for the end of 2021 ........?
  3. Eve YouTuber

No game overhaul and we aren't losing anything, this has no impact on the game or the team.
    • Like x 2
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Hilarious, but would never happen, scenario...

They put multiple temporal rifts in each of the headquarters. This would transport you to DCUO 2 which would use a new game engine. So, all old content the same but the new stuff only accessed through the rift. At least for most players...

Calculator: Sorry, but your stats aren't up to snuff. You have to be at least 350 CR and have 500 skill points. Guess you should have concentrated less on bribing the judges and more on the smash and grab aspects of life.
  5. Hurtyman Active Player

So what does this mean for PVP, LPVE, and LPVP? I get that they were fads to you that you threw away like broken toys, but some of us enjoyed them and there are skill points tied up in them. Foolishly hoping those get fixed, and they give up on making us grind bounties because I can't tell you how boring that little hobby horse of yours is right now.
  6. ROOTE Well-Known Player

The real truth here is you nor anyone else knows what is actually going to happen. You only know what you've been told. Your, especially your, reassurances couldn't be more hollow.
  7. Eve YouTuber

They literally said it in the post so... There was no mention of Overhaul in any way.
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

• Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

10. Hraesvelg Always Right

I doubt that as well. Even if they wanted to let us in on a detailed roadmap, those decisions probably aren't even baked in at this point. They've also been bitten pretty hard in the past by making an announcement of a plan and then when that plan changed, people flipped out. I'd keep my cards close to the vest in that case, too. The internet, collectively, has all of the emotional regulation skills of a muppet.

"We wanted to do this, but it didn't work out."
    "ZOMG YOU PROMISED AND YOU LIED! YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!"
    • Like x 3
  11. AquiloFury Committed Player

Very true lol. Things happen, sometimes plans change. It's life.
  12. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

A massive upgrade that moves the game out of Unreal Engine 1 into current would be great.
  13. Chiemara Well-Known Player

Does this mean an engine update with newer shaders and textures? (Unreal 5?)... more animations for character movements?

Would be nice to see some Raytracing type lighting. This game has been beautiful over the years, but it is in need of a facelift if it is going to compete with newer titles.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, it doesn't.
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

I would not expect anything groundbreaking or any kind of huge inversion for a 10 yo game.
    They said 0 impact in development so I would expect the mediocre content and 0 new habilities, iconic powers, or gameplay enhancement for more fun.
    This game is what it is, love it or not. Personally Im tired of the pointless grind, I dont have anymore after 10 years... still the same 6 habilities on loop, I literally fall asleep playing.
  16. Designated Well-Known Player

Sometimes i felt like you, but breaks are there for this occasion it happens with every game we play too much. But no matter what if i had to spend all the 9 years(not 10 for me) again, i would.
  17. Chiemara Well-Known Player

Would have been nice to see some extra features in the graphics department to let our graphics cards flex a bit.

We don't even have AA or AF options in the game or Abient Occlusion, Depth of Field, Particle options, Shadow and Lighting options... nothing we can tweak to increase the fidelity of the aesthetics that cards like my RTX 2070 Super and soon my RTX 3080 that will arrive in my Dell Alienware Aurora R11 can take advantage of...

and that is a shame...

I've been with this game since it was released, starting on PS3 then switched to PC in November after the months of waiting for the hacked Playstation Network to come back up...

It has remained graphically the same since then and the only thing that has changed in relation to display options is that you allowed uncapping of the framerates so it will run above the console cap of 30fps that used to exist.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We did get a graphical update when the PS4 was released, and texturing has gotten better over the years. Just take a close look at early content compared to current content. Could it be better? Of course, I'm not denying that, but it has gotten better over the years.
    • Like x 1