Seasonal's Currency

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Eve YouTuber

So I wanted to make this thread for awhile. I love seasonals, they are a break from the current content and there's always cool base items to farm and stuff. Thing is, there is a few issues I'd like to address with currency:
    • 250 limit should be upped. We need to be able to gather and save for next year if we want. Or, if we buy packs, we should be able to buy as much as we want and not lose some marks when we hit the limit.
    • The amount we get per day. Could it be upped to make it easier to catch up on feats?
    I personally plan to run it on my alts but the thing is, not many people maintain alts these days, and this could be a huge help for new and returning players aswell. Discuss!
    • Like x 8
  2. NetworkOrBotnetGoodOrEvil Level 30

#MakeAlt-itisEasier
    • Like x 2
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If maybe giving us more Seasonal Currency per day (even 12 a day to the usual 10 would be super great) isn't in the cards maybe getting a Vendor discount once you complete a style like they do with Episodes gear nowadays might work in the future? That way you feel that running the Seasonal a lot there's a progressive reward? But upping the Seasonal cash cap would be much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Oh and to be specific about my Vendor discount suggestion it would be like if you finish a style feat for the Seasonal theme style on your alts they would get a slight discount when you buy the styles for them. Like if the style pieces are 25 Seasonal bucks after you get the feat they could be discounted at 20 or heck 23 coins after that? I know I'd be elated if some sort of Loyalty bonus were implemented in Seasonals for grinding purposes :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Aesthete Well-Known Player

This.

And if you go after the styles feats and want the accompanied style, make sure you collect them on main. Event styles are not able to be unlocked on other chars... learned that the hard way :(

You won't be able to buy the pack if you have over 200 of event marks anyway, but I do agree the currency cap should be upped a bit.
    • Like x 1
  6. Panderus Senior Producer

While I don't necessarily disagree on the current limit, 250 is about 25 days of playing depending on the event, why do you need this much saved up for the next year and not spend it?
    • Like x 8
  7. MrPlumberman Active Player

With my job there are some months I can't play. I like to stack marks on my characters in case the next year I'm too busy to grind and I want to simply log on and buy everything quickly.
    • Like x 4
  8. Eve YouTuber

Depends on how much content gets added, and between wanting to catch up or buy stuff on alt, It's simply not enough.
    I want to be ready to buy everything for feats (like I can do with lets say Legion now farm the bosses or the content and buy the items when I have a lot of currency saved up). Stacking up just helps stay on track and keep up with the content. I hope this explains this.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Can't speak for all players but sometimes you'd be surprised how 25 days just go's by and you're like after 30 days realize that your Seasonal currency just was capped five days previous and you go "oh crap". Lol but yeah if some players hop on to do the Seasonal and are saving their currency for later it might somehow pass by them that they should've spent it before it got capped their attention elsewhere. It'd be super cool if it was raised to 310 for a full hypothetical month even :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, I don't know why people are hoarding so much and not spending it
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

They already halved the cost of previous years rewards to make it easier to catch up, isn't that the same thing as raising marks, from a practical perspective?
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Maybe, but I don't see harm in raising it abit. I personally hoard because I want to be ready for next year's rewards, and if I start a new base to be able to buy stuff as the event reaches here. And even if I buy them, I still hit a cap when I want to buy items. And there are just so many base items!
  13. Proxystar #Perception

To each their own, but, if you're hoarding for the following year, isn't there an element if potential futility in that? What if the game were to shut down, not implying it is but what if, wouldn't it be better to play in the current year, for the current year, if you're going to be playing it anyway?

The risk I see with raising marks themselves is that a bigger yield tends to affect more current pricing, if we say earn 15 a day instead of 10 then they'll price new rewards with that potential yield in mind.

Not against the idea per se, I just think sometimes people would like a mark increase without realising the devs very rarely if ever just give us more marks for free.

Look at the new bounties, they gave us a few more bounty marks each cycle but jacked the cost of everything up. :)
    • Like x 2
  14. Eve YouTuber

All fair points! I just hoped to make it easier to farm & be prepared. I do hope DCUO will stick for a few more years, Daybreak knows for keeping their games around for like 22 years lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If hoarding were an in game Artifact I think I'd have broken through to 200. I kid but please don't call the series Hoarders on me lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kestral Committed Player

With the addition of collections that go for 100 marks 250 is not enough to save up and still be able to complete next years event. Also their are some events people really hate and if possible to save up full marks to be able to skip a year we would like that opportunity.
  17. Walvine Well-Known Player

All 7 alts are near cap from last year I ran out of things to buy ,Because they allready collected every thing in vendor from previous years ,Most of us also reach cap while trying to get the rare collections to drop from on duty : Lafreeze, They're also a hidden vendor neear ambush bug that trade seasonal currency for badges of merit to lower the cap so we can continue to receive seasonal currency reward from on duty but most of us forget this.
  18. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I know during last years summer event I accrued a fair bit of sand dollars and then due to RL was unable to log in for the rest of the event and now have a bunch of unspent sand dollars. Real Life isn't always accommodating to people's desires. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I think with each year a seasonal style is old the cost goes down by 1-2 depending upon its original cost, say if it cost 5 then it goes by 1, if it cost 50 it goes down by 5, if it cost 100 it drops by 10 every year it's no longer the current year.

This is coming from someone who has never missed a seasonal except 1 since I started.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

That's not quite the same thing though :D

Not opposed to an increased discount drop as it ages :)