Producer's Letter: Daybreak Acquisition and DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Dec 1, 2020.

1. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

I'm really looking forward to what this means for the future of DCUO. Although Panderus stated that this would have no impact on DCUO, lets be honest.
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

NEWSFLASH!!!!
    Just Heard NerdofPrey Left Daybreak
    • Like x 1
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I just read from nerdofprey Twitter lefted dcuo.
    New news

DCUO be looking differently and probably more changes ... ??
  4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Wow Prey really left? Damn kinda makes me sad tbh
    • Like x 2
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

People old like me have seen this message twice before, never really saw any changes. Tell me what’ll be different this time.

Also, i see nerdofprey is out.. she says its been a few weeks, before i buy a 1 year membership i want to see a stream or something with the new creative director. Anybody can take a hour and write a news letter we need to see what they’re like on the fly.
    • Like x 4
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

This would be the perfect time to show what you have planned for the future. This news on its own doesnt mean much.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

Happy travels, Nerd of Prey! Best of luck to you in the next chapter of your life.

What. A. Crazy. Little. News.Day.

I guess that's why NoP was absent from the more recent livestreams and stuff. Busy making moves.
    • Like x 2
  8. Amontron Well-Known Player

Congratulations! now we know Dcuo will endure and i am excited to see new stuff and ideas likewise
  9. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Good news or bad news?

I don't know, although I've rarely seen an incredible effect for a major change in a game, but now the ball is in Daybreak's court to prove to us that they still love DC Universe, but now it's up to you to prove it to us, no more excuses!

I don't have a lot of hope for DC who is resting a lot on their laurels and their achievements to my taste, but with this news, I still want to believe a little bit to keep on staying there!
    • Like x 1
  10. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I hope to see large open worlds, like when we were leveling up. Mars would be a good start.
    • Like x 1
  11. Xooc New Player

YAY!!!!! BEST GAME EVER!!!
  12. FrauFever New Player

Some quality of life changes would help a lot, something as simple as going back and fixing the many typos in the subtitles of many missions would be nice, and give people a lot more confidence in the game designers. Its hard to respect someone who can't spell.
    A simple vertical height adjustment for decoration items would be huge. you make pizza slices and boxes, but they have to lay on the ground? you make small items that would be great sitting on a table or a set of shelves, but they also have to sit on the floor....
    Making companions stay a good meter behind your shoulder, instead of being right in front of you, blocking you from clicking on that npc you have to cure, or locking you in place so you die, because when you try to roll out of the aoe area, they stop you from doing so...
    Being able to get SP from something besides content that NO ONE runs anymore would be huge...i'm stuck at under 200, i'm willing to do the content to get the SP, but no one else is....some new soloable missions that grant SP, or rewards for older players to go back and replay the content that younger players need for those SP would be helpful...
  13. El Regrs New Player

Although this thread isn't for suggestions to the devs, I'll take the chance since Fraufever mentioned the SP gain and suggest as well a mentor/sidekick system that would benefit old and new players running old content (like the one existed in City of Heroes).
    • Like x 2
  14. Toshknight Loyal Player

So it went from SOE Sony online entertainment, to daybreak, and now to this new EG7 , does this have anything to do with sony not allowing this game to cross over there servers with microsoft servers, and switch version of the game is a little dumbed down, when it comes to complexity, but there is NO reason the as a PC player and PS4/5 player, we shouldn't have xbox one and xbox series x and s, being able to be on the same servers, i know this is a very small question of the aquisition. but basically im just hoping that xbox users, can finally play with the rest of us, pc and ps players, and merge the xbox servers into the ps4/5 / PC servers. finally, that would be the first thing i would go for with the next gen update of the game.

P.s

BTW BRING BACK SWG , you know you guys can. they brought back startrek online, and SWG is way better then swtor, if you don't know about star wars galaxies, or think it isn't good, you really would like it if you like this game, planetside 2, is still going. sadly they shut the matrix down, everquest 1 is still rockin , and everquest 2, each game had it's own monotization and a cult following to keep the game up, SWG was litterally only closed cause, lucas arts thought people would be confused with the launch of SWTOR, so they shut the Live "emulator private servers still exist and are thriving btw" server down 5 days before star wars the old republic launched officially, it's sad, cause, all thes games. and SOE aka Daybreak makes amazing games, even though there is bugs, the fun factor of the games, makes it ok lol , SWG was the best mmo and most innovative mmo before it's time.

Cheers yal
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not quite. It went from Sony to Columbus Nova Jason Epstein to EG7. And NantWorks fits in somewhere there but I don't think they actually acquired anything, just invested into DBG.

The reason we don't have cross play with XB or Switch is because one or more of those companies (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) are holding everyone up.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kuno Loyal Player

If the plans remain unchanged that means more mediocre content coming? I will stay unsubed then.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

It really amazes me how people still get this information wrong. I suppose it's the whole renaming thing. Some think Dimensional Ink is a new company that took over Daybreak. It's baffling.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

These are probably the same people dying on sparring targets.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

SIDE NOTE: Make sure you guys are planning a hella celebration for the anniversary and get it set up by the time the ink is dry. That way when the new owners get there you can be like "Yeah...we always party like this...Doesn't everyone?"...and set up a new 'standard' to uphold.
    • Like x 1
  20. crowir New Player

Congratulations! Looking forward to the Anniversary event and hopefully more updates in the future!