Producer's Letter: Daybreak Acquisition and DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Panderus Senior Producer

Hey everybody. Today, Enad Global 7 (EG7) entered into an agreement to acquire Daybreak Game Company, and we are excited to confirm that includes Dimensional Ink Games and DC Universe Online.

We are also excited to confirm this change will have next to no impact on DCUO's development, team, or operations. We will still have the independence we have embraced as Dimensional Ink and our plans for the game remain unchanged. Looking far ahead, we expect the additional support in joining EG7 will help make our adventures over the next 10 years as bold and as invigorating as the last 10 years.

Speaking of plans and years, DCUO's 10th Anniversary is January 11, 2021, and we have quite the celebration planned. Look for that and a producer's letter early in the new year, where we will share some of those plans and what's next for the game.

Until then, from all of us here at Dimensional Ink, we hope you have safe and happy holidays.

Landon Falls
    Senior Producer, DC Universe Online
    • Like x 36
  2. zNot Loyal Player

This is great news! Im so happy to see this.

„We expect additional support“ does this mean you guys have more ressources aviable now to give us bigger and better episodes and content aswell as more updates in general? Or will it remain the same?
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

Congratulations!
    • Like x 1
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Hopefully it means more resources and hands and therefore helps ya do more! I love this game and would LOVE to see it get truly huge!
    • Like x 5
  5. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

By additional support... I hope they mean just more than bigger and better episodes. Hopefully its more encompassing than just that.
    • Like x 2
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Well most of their time is spend by making episodes so i dont see what else you mean? And i also said updates for stuff in general outside of episodes.
    • Like x 2
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Looking at EG7's website and seeing...

Marketing Campaign experience: Call of Duty, Destiny, Fortnite, Doom, H1Z1, PUBG, Dying Light 2, Angry Birds, Rage 2 and more.

lets hope they throw some marketing bucks on DCUO. This game should be bigger than it is at any point in its current 10 year run. The potential to really make this game shine, to me, as always been buried and handcuffed some what.
    • Like x 6
  8. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

I really hope the additional support will help out dcuo a lil more.
    • Like x 3
  9. Mr-Somes New Player

Well if DCUO starts to develop battle pass type stuff to suck us dry of more money I will be done with the game. The game does not need marketing,it needs quality of life changes and updates along with touching up old content to bring it back to life. There are glitches,errors,bugs,styles that are broken,powers that seem unbalanced still and an economy that is out of control.
    • Like x 8
  10. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Best of luck in your new corporate family!
    • Like x 2
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Theres no doubt about the QoL changes and everything else you mentioned, no doubt. the economy is is still out of control. That 5% tax over how many billions they started to tax on is laughable.

In regards about the battle pass (speculative), if they go that route, to me it would depend. If it replaces and keep the same membership cost, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual while keeping all or most of the current perks and maybe offer up more stuff, good stuff, enticing stuff etc... no problem with me. If the battle pass is xx dollars and having to pay for a membership plus if and any purchases on tcs, booster boxes and and assorted mp purchases as and if needed... ehhhhh, i'll get to that bridge when its time to cross. Im not against any battle pass, but would be really selective.
  12. BlueThunderLight New Player

So far sounds interesting but i hope ain't another group like the Ink nothing new happened but those 2rhat broke the way the game was made, domany leagues or players left , black friday or cyber monday was to pool then back like in the past general sales everything starting with membership but no thank you very much , old player still here but to xpect to see better then this this dlc "hunting bosses " very boring and annoying....
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

This kind of announcement, you would hope it actually does have an impact on DCUO's development for the better. Especially, if we're talking about possibly expanding this for another 10 yrs. Speaking of, the upcoming 10 yr anniversary is going to determine a lot for me in terms of my future with the game. I truly hope the celebration makes us all feel what we have collectively invested into this game is equally reciprocated.
    • Like x 4
  14. Eve YouTuber

Hm I wasn't ready for that announcement from Nerd of Prey..
    [IMG]

From her twitter page^ :(
    • Like x 10
  15. Virgo Metropolis Resident

I hope this is a sign of good things to come. I really want to get back into this game but I'm just not feeling it. :(
    • Like x 1
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

Please let this be a tentative roadmap of some sort (for the next year would be nice). I know people griped when things like Serums and the new UI went nowhere, but I know I and others appreciated the long-term info whether individual pieces came to fruition or not.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

"Looking far ahead," was the important part. No changes are expected.
    • Like x 3
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is not related at all. Just weird timing.
    • Like x 8
  19. Eve YouTuber

Ah okay, still a shame tho :(
    • Like x 4
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I had to look too. That is surprising. Have they announced who is going to be replacing her in creative director?
    • Like x 5