Seller Constantine: requires a specific currency !

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

So, as we all know, from now on to buy old CSD stuff you have to spend source brands for that and the same goes for the Constantine seller.

When I resurrected a character to level it I found it completely silly to have to either choose up my artefacts or buy my stuff for my character level quickly and as we all know, any player is looking to reach the high CR quickly, even the devs motivate the community to that!

Why a new currency?
    It's simple if you insist on the player reaching the HL quickly you need to allow players to level their artifacts to a suitable level once HL is reached, that's why Constantine needs a currency of its own!

Moreover, I think that this currency should be the same as the source mark !

So, I appeal to the developers to be aware of this problem, as it is relatively harmful for new players !
  2. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

No, no and NO! We don't need more currency than we have now. If you want faster reach high cr, lvl up your arts etc. just spend your real money. All you need in marketpalce. It's support the game, you know...
    • Like x 1
  3. NetworkOrBotnetGoodOrEvil Level 30

You're supporting P2W and spending beyond a monthly sub. Are you daft?

EDIT: Oh, and a special arts currency that's unique to Constantine would be fine with me if it's a daily I can farm to get up the currency. Oh, and please don't be stingy about it! You guys are too stingy about everything. Also, yes! Too many currencies and too many everythings, but that's this game having a bad case of feature bloat more than anything.
    • Like x 1
  4. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

I see... You one of mom's greedy school boys that can't image life without crying about p2w. And btw, monthly sub more than enough for a comfortable game.
    • Like x 1
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I have 7 characters at endgame CR, and 2 more in the 260s. I have never spent source marks to level their gear beyond 1-2 pieces every 30-40 CR to replace a low item, when none of that item had dropped. Between a player's CR relevancy window, evergreen events like Death of Superman, regular event zones, and now open world boss loot-boxes, it's incredibly easy to get gear and level up in under 10 days, without spending more than 30 source marks, usually more like 18-24.

Players simply need to collect gear boxes and replace their lowest items first. Source marks are for Catalysts, Style Feats, and Quark Conversion, not leveling. You can use them this way, but it's just a waste of your resources.

The only things you need to buy extra in this game are seals. And even those you theoretically could wait and use loyalty points on.
    • Like x 7
  7. Eve YouTuber

No, please no. I rather farm source marks and get what I need from him. I don't need to worry about another currency.
    • Like x 6
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea sorry OP but i dont really think anyone is gonna be on board with this and you calling the need for yet more currency a “problem” speaks volumes.
    We dont need more currency, you need to learn how the game works (im attempting to help you, its NOT a dig here).
    Run event versions of all current DLC for gear boxes. (Use the dlc’s currency for even more gear boxes if u so desire)
    Use your source marks for your arts. This way your double dipping in a good way NOT by dividing your efforts.

Best of luck, you will see. It takes just a few weeks of minimal effort to be at endgame CR. Artifacts take longer so do NOT waste source marks elsewhere till your arts are good IMO
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I just think the catalysts should be reduced, not in cost, but the amount you need per breakthrough.

And they need to revamp the relevancy windows.
    • Like x 6
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't like this idea either. Catalysts are just about the only thing I can spend my Source Marks on, don't take that away from me.
    • Like x 4
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nope. Let's not have another currency, which will have another relevancy, or be parceled out in smaller portions or be found in some different content then we are running currently. YOU are choosing to power level your toon, don't force the results of that on the rest of us. How about spend a day or 2 at each stop along the power level path and grab some source where you can. Each set should only cost 104 marks, 52 if you buy the feat for the style set off your main...if they have it completed already. You can get those marks quickly if you just run some content (raids and bounties mainly) at each new tier you hit. Yes, it would take a bit of time to do so, but if you know how to use LFG, build a group and get the marks that are freely available. I mean you posted this in a 2x source week...did you even TRY to run some content to get source or just progress to the next tier so you can complain about not having any?

I'm not down with the idea that you should spend money to do this, but no one is saying you have to reach endgame CR 5 min after getting a toon out of storage. That's your decision, live with the consequences if you go that way. Also, if you are worried about artis, I'm assuming you are already spending money on Nth, as a resurrected toon will likely not have Nth enough to get much of anywhere. So running some content will also help with Artis anyway.
    • Like x 1
  12. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't see why it would bother to have one more currency if on top of that it falls in the same way as the source marks, it wouldn't be shocking since each CSD brings one and now see 2 new currencies.

Imagine being able to keep the source marks to buy the missing style or items worth more than 200 source marks? wouldn't you be happy about that?

As for the first comment, I'm going to pretend it's not there, I almost fell off my chair while reading this one ;)
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

100% agree here. Whenever someone is coming back to the game and I'm talking with them, I'll hear them talking about buying gear at each tier to advance. I'll always tell them 'wait...farm the source for a day...get the drop gear to advance' and remind them they will miss all those source marks shortly when they go to level artis. Sure enough a few days later they have a toon at near endgame, but will be complaining about how they can't even re up their orbitals and supply drops because they have no source...much less level artis.

I try not to 'I told you so'...but yeah...I did tell them so.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We don't need another currency to grind out. If you're having trouble farming Source Marks that's a personal problem.
    • Like x 7
  15. Walvine Well-Known Player

John constantine:Brexit now Marksit wtf is wrong with these multI realm daemons.
  16. Aren Sul Committed Player

Agree.
    Also, I think the generator should also be looked at. I feel like you should be able to have the first 2 of 3 tiers completed by level 30. Currently that takes around 210 marks. I feel like it should be 100 or less.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I agree you should be able to have them completed by level 30, it depends on how you play level 1-30. If you are playing through just base game runs and going through as fast as possible, it's likely you'd only get about 40 or 50 marks by the time you hit 30. If you are running the available event content, which pays off in marks as well, 210 is doable by 30 assuming you are also semi casual and not hitting it 2-3 hours a day.

But yeah, a few more source along the way, or a slight reduction in costs for the first few circles would be a good balance.
    • Like x 1
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

No. Once you get to a certain point, which doesn't take very long at all, all you need source marks for are catalyst and base mods. Extra currency makes zero sense
    • Like x 1
  19. Aren Sul Committed Player

Yep, I play around with leveling a character to 30 every now and then (definitely nothing permanent - I have too many now lol). Anyway, as I wonder about new people deciding between getting catalysts for their artifacts or building the generator. For me, not really an issue, since I can always throw some catalysts to my alts. But I do worry about new players.
  20. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I have to second this . Source Marks drop like rain in the game.
    • Like x 1