Dev Discussion Episode 39: Long Live the Legion (Open World)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

2. BumblingB I got better.

In Lightning Lad's fight, there is a checklist to the right for killing 3 elementals, but yeah, experienced what you are talking about on both PC and Switch.

In any case, the problem is, they don't draw at all depending on where they spawn. So tunnel vision players don't even bother to look around.
  3. CaeleaneKent New Player

I really wish there were more on duty stuff in this dlc and things didn't cost so much. Not everyone has 20 to 40 hours do bounties.
    • Like x 1
  4. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for all of the feedback, y'all! This past weekend a hotfix went out to fix a number of the issues related to Validus stopping attacking and the Eye of Ekron's bad behaviors. Please let me know if anything is still funky with that Validus fight. Otherwise, I've been reading the feedback thus far in the thread, and a few more changes are forthcoming, including visible KO icons on the Lightning Elementals.
    • Like x 3
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

This weekend while doing the Bounties Lightning Lad did that Annoying Reset Due to him getting too far from him normal position. I believe this is the same issue we once had with Validus.

Also is it possible to get an Icon Like the one for the Eye to be used for The Lightning Elementals During the Lightning Lad Fight?
    Can be rough finding them in all the Commotion,
  6. BumblingB I got better.

On the subject of visible KO icons, is there a reason why adds that run in, like demons and what not, have these? Do they play a role in Validus' fight? They aren't related to the daily quests either, as most the time I complete those before bounty spam.

These tend to confuse players.

Also, Validus jumped onto the fountain, which was weird. He also jumped onto some flying players and got stuck up there too. lol
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t speak for everyone but personally I’m always afraid to attack anything that isn’t the primary boss for a particular fight because they have a tendency to blow you away without warning. Lightning Elementals during the Lightning Lad fight, The Eye Of Ekron and controlled legionnaires during the Validus fight can and will suddenly turn on you and you’re dead before you can do anything about it.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

My experience is the elementals do attack, but don't do enough damage to kill you. Most of the time, Lightning Lad is the one that does something that you may not have noticed because you are focusing on the elementals.

In the case of Saturn Girl, yes the eyes and illusions can and will focus you and knock you out very quickly. Especially if you are the only one attacking and they spawn close together.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

An elemental just hit me for 18k, then 120k. I know it’s the elemental because it says so in my combat log.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Did you have 3 stacks of energy on you? I've never experienced any of that kind of damage. If you have stacks of energy, any attack in the area does more damage.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve never had more than two, I have 0-1 most of the time. Without knowing the ins and outs of the mechanic, it’s possible I suddenly acquired a full stack and then got blasted but I can’t say for certain.
  12. MiLady Well-Known Player

During the Cosmic Boy open world boss battle, the eye emits a green beam that wipes out players. I understand that you want to challenge players, but the mechanics are a bit unfair.
    1) The beam can hit you multiple times. If this happens, usually I can survive the first hit, but then i get damaged immediately a 2nd time and dead. I have seen it damage from 49k -> 112k per hit.
    2) Shields and blocking do not help reduce the damage of this beam.
    3) Ok, you announce that the Eye is about to attack. However, there is no way to determine where the eye's beam will start and which direction. The random direction is fine, but if we have no way to protect ourselves from the beam, then you may/not be lucky and get caught in its path.
    4) The vehicles do not provide cover. The beam just plows through and gets you.

Suggestions.
    1) Allow blocking and/or shields to reduce the damage. This will teach the noobs that blocking or putting a shield in your loadout is beneficial.
    2) If the beam hits you, let it only do 1 tick of damage. Currently it can do multiple ticks and your dead.

Lately, mechanics that ignore shields or blocking are not fun to deal with and are cheap ways to slow players (i.e. pickups). With this battle, most people are close or mid range to Cosmic boy. If there is a place to hide, then, sure, have the beam ignore shields and blocking. I think it was the BOP alert where you had to hide behind a column during the 1st boss battle. Something like that is fine. But since there is no way to tell where the beam will strike, we are S.O.L.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So Illusory Robin just suddenly teleports next to me and kills me through block/roll. First he did a weapon combo so I blocked it, then he does a grenade toss as I roll away. Two consecutive scripted attacks, a teleport/weapon combo then a close range AoE from a giant npc is just not cricket. Again, this stuff never happened with water elementals, monster lieutenants or Parademon generals in Patchwork so why is sub-boss damage so much higher in this episode?
  14. Xendral New Player

Are the catalysts, mods, and augments from the Probetek Vendobot 3000 only for members? I'm already cr 316 and completed all the investigations, briefings, and collections from the episode, got enough currency yet I can't buy those from the Probetek Vendobot 3000.
  15. Logan420 New Player

Is there any way you can merge xbox and Nintendo switch like pc and ps4 cause the switch is dead and I've been waiting for 3 days just to do a t1 area 51 and there is no one doing the Legion bounty so everything you release i can't do cause there's not enough players
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Again, lightning elemental is at about 66% health so I hit it with a single power and immediately get blasted for 121k, killing me instantly. Is being frightened of your own shadow some kind of hot new video game trend? Personally, I’m not feeling it.
  17. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the additional feedback. Forthcoming, there will be further tuning changes for the Lightning Elemental, and for Illusory Robin. I'm not sure when these changes will make it to the Live server, so keep an eye out for patch notes. Again, I appreciate the feedback!
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Something needs to be done about the drop rates of the crystals and the Ionized gas . Either the drop rates need to be increased for real or they need to be added to the vendor.
    • Like x 2
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

Agreed. I ran at least a dozen bounties on Friday. I got a crystal from the first two then did not get another until the next day.
    • Like x 1
  20. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

All that is minor compared to the ok idea you guys have about the drop rates for gas and shard.. They need to be looked at ive gained two gas drops since episode release...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.