10th Anniversary Episode Bracket!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 19, 2020.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

As harsh a critic as I can get it would be easier to list the content i hate.

Just being able to bring characters I made up as a kid and teen ager to some semblance of life in this game is enough to insure i'm going to be playing it for as long as i can. the milestones i have in game aren't measured by skill points or styles collected but rather the inspiration its provided to create a world of characters with dozens of stories involving them.

rescuing krypto in fos1 was big for me. so was the early New Teen Titans content. fos2 was epic. big fan of the ace chem and arkham alerts.

loved the central city bounties.

the origin crisis operations provided some of the best content in the game. perfect examples of how to mix old and new. lots to do, bounties to farm, there was a vibrant open world feel and everything felt dangerous as the flash zipped us to different times and places.

i can get why amazon fury 2 may take the top spot. the raids were awesome but personally i loved the duos (AF1 i believe) and the open world content and missions from AF2.

i thought the monthly content was great. the harley/poison ivy duos and the content inspired by Legends of Tomorrow some of the best content in game.

Loved Age of Justice. the Bombshell stuff was fun.

Fellowship of the Arcane and Gotham Zoo are awesome maps.
    • Like x 2
  2. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Agreed, best and worst memories of all, those Epic Odyssey attempts, spending hours to beat final bosses, good ol' days of classic mmo hell :cool: but the taste of victory? so unique.
    • Like x 2
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Facts you felt so accomplished when you beat wave and nexus like you actually did something.
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Episode 28 was not bad too, even if the theme is not a favourite, the formula of the DLC was very good, it was just missing a solo or duo.

I prefer the formula 2 raid with their elite raid ;)
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Noticing a trend on the monthly episodes. The episode with a raid wins. The episode with no raid loses.
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

Ummm... but Episode 16 just beat Episode 21. :p
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Hmmm. I hadn’t looked back at that one because it was as a runaway for Prison Break when I voted. I voted for Ep 16 myself, so glad it flipped. :D
  8. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Definitely Battle for Earth. It expanded across different DLCs with a continued story line and plot which gave us a reason to keep coming back for more..It felt like waiting for the next episode in a favorite TV series or movie expansion.

Regardless of the duo feat grind, it still gave hours of gameplay with multiple openworld missions, duos, alerts, and raids which there was always something to do in lieu of maybe 30 minutes of a daily that we get nowadays outside of grinding for 1 OP piece with 3 or 4 bounties located in the same location.

And let's not forget...beating Prime actually felt like an accomplishment regardless of obtaining that 1 weapon you may have been looking for, or that OP head that seemed non-existent. And it certainly didn't leave that "meh..is that it?" feeling we have had for several years in a row.

The next would be Origin Crisis...because it was a spin off/ expansion of Battle for Earth story line..

Only reason I would give the nod of honorable mention to Amazon Fury would be it had a plot and story line also.

Would love for DC to go back to those continued story lines...instead of skipping story lines...I know they are all connected...but I think we are missing the linear aspect of the story.
    • Like x 1
  9. Elda Mad as a Hatter

Nostolgia is making me root for sons of trigon
    • Like x 1
  10. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Origin Crisis was "Epic..."
  11. inferno Loyal Player

I agree with B.
    Its structure as a DLC offered the most for the player with 3 duos, open world missions, an alert and 2 raids.
    For challenge and difficulty, both Gates and Prime were no easy cakewalk and offered a constant challenge beyond its cr bracket. There isn't a single piece of content in this DLC that you could say as easy when it came out.
    The rewards offered 4 different Iconic gear, each different for their role, and an OP helmet that was lamented over by the population.

I remember when Spytle showed the reveal on those Iconic gears, I drooled over the menace leaping out of each of the armor. They looked like armor crafted by Hephaestus himself.
    • Like x 2
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Disappointed tier 4 with Gates was left off. The episode with the Batcave was left off. it's suppose to celebrate 10 years, and leaving off some of the earlier better ones. Black Adam and Isis should of gotten a whole story for them, was one of my favorites. Wish it was expanded more.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Gates of Themyscira was part of Battle for Earth Episode.
    • Like x 3
  14. Black Prime2 New Player

People are short memories. Paradox and Nexius were almost unplayable when released for PS3 players. Not to mention most got all the feats and styles after the PS4 was released. There was a glitch for PS3 players. You could fly on top.of the big room and fight all bosses without dying. People were even shouting for PS3 players to join their groups.

Heck no. Worst episode IMO.

My top episodes will take use back to the beginning. Back where Tao heals and two trolls were the norm.
    1. FoS raids.
    2. Gates/Prime
    3. Batcave

If you were not here to play them at level. You have no clue of how hard and how much fun they were. These are my picks.
    • Like x 1
  15. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Gates raid is on the bracket . The episode
    The episode is called ' Battle for Earth '.
    • Like x 1
  16. Walvine Well-Known Player

Episode 25 declare win files law suit for fraudlent votes against episode 15 .

Sorry I couldnt resist that result haha.
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I played on ps3 at that time and their was no issues for wave or nexus on ps3 you must have a dif thing in mind, if you meant you couldn't beat it then yes that was the point the content was hard. And batcave was isn't an episode its the base game...
  18. BumblingB I got better.

There was a door glitch that allowed players to continually fight over and over again inside the main room to do the bosses. But he's confusing the PS3 glitch for Throne Elite, where they were shouting for PS3 players, because it required a PS3 to pull it off.

I don't know how they were done, always been PC and was before crossplay, but I know they were the two big known glitches that caused fixes to make it even more unplayable for PC side. Neither glitch was possible on PC.
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I remember the glitches the mental and light weight one as well by the nexus door, I mean the structure of the raids themselves were sound, they was so hard they had people trying everything to find a way to glitch them to beat them.
  20. Thomas Wayne II New Player

The greatest DLC was when THE OWLMAN and the Crime Syndicate came to DCUO. Hands down.