DCUO & PS5

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Time Traveler here... Its the same graphics on PS6. Yes the game is still around... and still no new powers. Flash Family content is pretty good too.
    • Like x 5
  2. Solarbound Committed Player

You don't say. You just explained what we already knew and why such a move is being deemed as pointless. Didn't evolve in the current gen era, no real plans to do so in this next gen. So, why should we even care? It's a joke at this point, which is why it's undeserving to be on such a platform. The End.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You are entitled to your wrong pointless opinion.
    • Like x 3
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Alot of other mmos are relaunching for next gen. I think the devs are just adding up the numbers of the cost to do so. The downside of upgrading to unreal 5 is the time and cost. The upside to upgrading to unreal 5 heavily outweighs the cost and time. Unreal 5 is a developers dream with the next gen we have. An mmos open world like dcuo wouldn't have as many bugs after revamp. infact next to none and the time and cost to revamp will be dramatically decreased. The time and cost to develop content would be so fast we would have dlcs with 6 eps every 3 months with the same size team. All in all they would be insanely crazy not to upgrade to unreal 5. They would have a much better experience and so would we
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They can't "upgrade" to unreal 5. What you fail to realize is that they would have to remake the entire game from the ground up. This isn't easy or less time consuming nor is it inexpensive. All of those other MMOs that are relaunching have a budget sized for a brand new game and a team size to match. Dimensional Ink is using that kind of money to work on an actual new game.
    • Like x 8
  6. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

yea they have zero plans of upgrading cause thats not possible for them, someone would literally have to give them probably billions with the large possibility of zero return on investment

during the charity livestream they introduced the newest dev to the team who is an engine dev, they stated that this game hasnt had a dev just for the engine in a few years now

they also stated his job was to see what upgrades they might be able to possibly do to the current engine, upgrading graphics, lower lag issues etc etc, nothing about anything new
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

Interesting, after all of this time since we last communicated in these forums, you last claimed that you were placing me on ignore. Since I've drawn your interest enough this time, Lorax, why don't you entertain me and explain how I'm wrong in what I said. The last 6 yrs of this current gen era has been nothing but recycled content, cash grabbing, and a much depleted population. Where's the evolution? What is it about DCUO that we should be looking forward to in this next gen? You and I both know that it's going to be more of the same.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

I'm just going to copy/paste what I posted in a recent similar topic:

Go to the DCUO summary screen in the PS5 Game menus (Games > DCUO > go down to the ellipses menu > View Product). See the small PS4 logo right above the big DCUO title? That means the game is a PS4 client game running off PS5's backwards compatibility. You'll only get a general improvement if the game's original code allows it, such as framerate increase if the framerate isn't locked for example. And I don't think there would be any significant increase in load times unless the game allows that because the PS5's SSD is not a generic drive, it's highly customized and I imagine it would require some custom code to fully take advantage of this new tech. Although it did feel slightly faster to me when I first loaded up the game and logged in, but that could have been just a placebo. Anything above this that you were hoping for such as significant bumps in framerate, higher graphics and load times will require at minimum for the PS4 game to be patched, and ideally, a native PS5 client to be made to get the full benefits out of the PS5's new tech.
    • Like x 1
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

LOL undeserved? Who decides what is "deserving"? What is the difference between now and when the game jumped from PS3 to PS4? Also, have you even looked at the games these consoles have in their respective online stores?
    • Like x 1
  10. Solarbound Committed Player

It doesn't matter what throwback classics are within those online stores. DCUO is a title that is supposed to consistently develop overtime. A game intended to have some sort of evolution aspect to it. Based on your typo, I'm assuming you meant from PS3 to PS4. What's the difference? Well, it's the exact reason why I feel the way that I feel on the matter. There is none. And, based on the statements of PS5 owners in these forums playing DCUO on those consoles, there still isn't any. It's just one of those things where you expected so much more at this point. Especially, as we're approaching the game's 10 yr mark. Nothing but a disappointment. Therefore, undeserving -_-
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

I think graphics are fine. DCUO has bigger problems than graphics.
    • Like x 3
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Or you could manage your expectations a bit.

It's just about a ten year old game. It's a licensed IP so Daybreak/DI doesn't have the full control they might have over an original IP. It's a game that's on multiple platforms with a uniform appearance on all systems. It has a history with some significant hurdles that weren't always fully overcome. The company making the game no longer has the name recognition or any of the financial backing it might have had when under the Sony banner. It's a game that's always faced limitations (graphics and otherwise) in part because it had to work on multiple platforms. And time and again, when the devs do try to add to or develop the game in a significant way there can be a surprising amount of pushback because (for whatever reason) folks don't like change.

But even setting aside all that, I don't ever recall the devs saying, hinting or promising that the game would evolve in whatever way you think it would. That sounds like something you pushed onto the game more than anything else, so whatever disappointment you might be feeling in that regard is pretty much on you.

It's fine to dream of what could be. But it's best to do so with a firm grounding of where the game stands.
    • Like x 3
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

[IMG]
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It is easy read up on unreal 5 it cuts development time down by alot so much so they can relaunch this thing in 6 months. If you dont think so why are other mmos doing so. The trick here would be to cut content down like they have been doing stop doing revamps and start working on unreal 5. When the game is ready to be relaunched nothing about what you see now will change. But everything going forward will be built with unreal 5. Simply use the portal to a new earth... #unreal 5 earth 2... dcuo 2
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Give me one mmo that has evolved overtime. Some of the most popular mmos have been orbiting around the same concept for over a decade, and they’re still healthy and running.
  16. Solarbound Committed Player

Final Fantasy XIV, you're welcome -_-
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That wasn't an evolution, that was a reboot.
    • Like x 2
  18. Solarbound Committed Player

[IMG]
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You are on ignore, I had to hit the button at the bottom of the page to see who everyone was arguing with. Lo and behold a wild 5V5 regular appeared.

You said DCUO is undeserving to be on PS5. You are entitled to your wrong opinion. There's no point in me arguing with you because you're just going to post a sheep meme. If you want to know what the future holds ask a psychic.
    What is it about DCUO that we should be looking forward to in this next gen? You finding something else to play so you can stop trying to convince the rest us this game is awful. Go bother people in FFXIV since it has SO much 'evolution'.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As I said which you decided to sidestep, those other MMOs have a larger budget and team. They also structured their games in a way that allowed them to have 6 to 18 months of time to develop new content and change game engines or make other large scale changes.

Have you not seen the threads and complaints all over the place about the cut down content??? When the stats matter revamped was announced with the mention of no content for the remainder of the year people lost it. People dropped their subs and walked away from the game. They prevented things from getting worse by dropping Time Capsules and releasing Amazon Fury III ahead of when they originally planned to. People want more content not less.
    • Like x 2