Dev Discussion Episode 39: Long Live the Legion (Open World)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Nov 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

I'm not sure what's causing the rubber banding, but there is terrible lag in the open world on the switch when you are fighting the bounties.

Also, I'm going to reiterate it, these bounties need to be relooked at in terms of a low population server. They are almost impossible to do and Valdus is impossible. I have yet to beat him. Even with packed phases, it takes forever to get him out. Then all the mechanics required to defeat him there isn't enough time do win.

Saturn Girl has too many adds and waves. Compared to the other two, she's very annoying to handle and often times not beatable on the Switch.

I'm tired of trying to get successful groups for these bounties on the switch. A good portion of this DLC is just not accessible for this platform.

On PC/PS it's fine, in regards to completion. I do think Saturn Girl and Validus fights need to be tuned down a little. Make it in line with Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad's fights.
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is there any particular reason why Cosmic Boy has significantly less health and/or takes considerably less time to defeat than the other bounties?

On second thought, keep it like that, just lower the time needed to defeat him, adjust the waits in between bounties, so you can do all bounties in a 20 minute cycle as supposed to a 30 minute cycle.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Disabuse your illusion part one can’t be unlocked by alts with replays which is annoying because it’s tough to get credit for defeating them.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Also getting really sick of stuff killing me the picosecond it spawns. Lightning elements, illusory iconics, eyes, you name it. Even spartoi, morgwars and Ares’s lieutenants gave you time to start kiting so a tank could get aggro.
  5. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

many ppl dont actually realize fighting the leigon is a watse of time after a certain point, you have to fight them to start off but once the eye is vunerable message pops everyone needs to drop legion members and all focus on eye, thatll let him out with from what ive seen 5+ min left on timer

the rubberbanding i posted about on page 1 and im on PC but i havent had it happen as much as before, the freeze type effect i described in my post as well i figured out is actually a stun attack that just has no indicator that your stunned, i noticed cause the same thing happens during athena fight except in her fight it does tell me im stunned on screen just has no other indicators that im stunned after like no breakout noise or effect etc etc, so i believe cosmic boy does it most often as well
  6. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

the day the devs were on the next boss would spawn with 2 minutes left on previous boss timer, so 4 min into a boss another spawns, so all 3 should take 12min plus time to defeat, it doesnt detect your victory tho, so you beat cosmic boy in 1 minute, youll need to wait 3 for saturn girl to spawn still

valdis fight is independent so that ones always a wait

only issue ive seen is the boss fights dont seem to keep consistant timing, almost seems like depending on if ppl failed or not it can be slightly pushed so bosses no longer slightly overlap

devs also couldnt recall if the overlap had an issue and was pulled before the dlc went live but they said they dont think it got pulled
  7. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

8. BumblingB I got better.

There are a lot of mechanics that still wouldn't change the fact that it takes a lot to get through all the phases. There is too much health and/or defense for this and to a lesser extent, Saturn Girl's fights.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Seriously, what the heck is the deal with stuff blowing me away the second it spawns?! This never happened in Wonderverse! Is it because power restores generate hate now? Also having Saturn Girl immobilise you will Destructive Lethargy and the eye orbital you at the same time is really unfair. My soda was on cooldown because illusory Ra’s just wouldn’t leave me alone!
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've noticed lately that tanks with flying movement are dragging Emerald Eye to the ceiling during Validus fight. Not sure if they're doing it to intentionally troll everyone but some players on the ground lose attack range and cannot target the Eye when this happens. Can you add a grounding mechanic to this fight?
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Weird bugs I'm experiencing today.
    1. Validus Fight: Eye of Ekron spawns next to Cosmic Boy and tethers to his spawn point. It will move a little and teleport back, then move a little then teleport back. Will keep doing this over and over again until defeated.
    2. Validus Fight: All the bounties for some reason will run towards the center when the walls are down after they've got enough damage to go back to their spawn point. They will keep running in the center doing nothing.
    3. Saturn Girl Fight: When the Eye clones spawn, there is a weird wall that doesn't allow them to render. Like she's placed on a boarder. So if you stand on east side of the circle, you don't see all the eyes, but walk towards the middle (west side) they will render. Walk back, they disappear again.
    The third one I didn't notice until today, the first two are definitely new after recent hotfix.

Edit, it's still uploading, here's a video of #3.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Here's a video of what the bosses are doing and the eye, I tried to capture, but he stayed still. Though you will notice the two other bosses were stuck under Validus.

Still uploading, btw. Will be available shortly.

Edit: Oh and Validus can still get stuck and shut down, plus we almost got gated by the legionnaire going to the middle. That knock back made it hard to get close.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

It seems the lesson from the last DLC was in fact not learned. You still need roughly a full instance to complete the bounties which leads to animation glitches, loss in framerate, rubberbanding and players getting booted from the game altogether. Please look to scale these back to be similar to the BoP bounties or at least more manageable with about roughly 16-32 people rather than needing roughly 60-120.
    • Like x 1
  14. Yaiba Committed Player

If it's possible, can you add "visible KO" icon for Lightning Elemental when they spawn during Lightning Lad's fight?
  15. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

I'm findind most of the time I use a shield power I still get one hit KO'ed. Is this intended?
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Mothersprocking grife! The Legionnaires & the Eye keep drifting toward Validus.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

So finally got 2 successful Validus fights today and the phase was so full, but we still barely beat him. And the only reason why it happened was because he bugged out both times and stopped attacking for a bit. Which allowed the damage to catch up.

Is this what you want? To have players utilizing bugs to make a successful completion of your content? Please re-evaluate this fight for all the platforms.

[IMG]
  18. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

yea atleast on pc weve been having issues now where either 1 of the legion or the eye itself gets stuck behind empresses green shield

almost always making you lose said fight unless your phase is full of maxed out ppl

also have had saturn girls health resetting if she even walks over by the ramp in her fight area, had it happen a few times where she was actually chasing someone up the ramp that one i get as shes about to leave her zone, but lastnight someone she attacked just kinda near the ramp made her health reset as well
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Is it possible to adjust the draw range of enemies spawning around the boss. Both Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad have NPCs that spawn that require you to kill before you can advance the phase. If they spawn on the other side of the map, they aren't seen. I know they are there, but I end up being the only one attacking them.
  20. Tokens210 Well-Known Player

from my experience on pc servers people are also totally not aware that you cant hurt lightining lad when the elementals are out, i really dont get how ppl play this game like without sound and their eyes closed lol

saturn girl states on screen you need to kill the mirror eyes to hurt her again yet in a packed to the gills phase maybe 4 ppl do it (can tell if your in a good phase or not here, if she spawns more then 3 waves of mirror eyes, crap phase, if its 3 or less then 3 good phase)

lighting lads elementals is almost noone actually attacking them, ive actually has a phase where i watched probably 15 orbitals hit him while elementals were out and after every one his health jumps right back and they keep going like they dont even notice
    and during lightining lad fight you hear empress say you wont hurt my legionnaire before the elementals spawn, letting you know you cant hurt him but still lol ( like saturn girl, if he spawns more then 3 waves of elementals, crap phase, if its 3 or less goodo phase)

as far as val fight ive given up trying to tell ppl, you got ppl fighting little adds which isnt needed at all, got ppl fighting legion members when eyes out which help zero percent, and got ppl still fighting legion members when val first gets out which helps zero percent, then you got ppl either fighting over the turrets or some dum dum trying to bring the piece to val, getting knocked back so the piece goes flying now someone gotta go get it, again helping zero percent (val is the easiest to judge phases, if hes not out of his cage with between 5 and 6 and a half minutes left, crap phase)

i truly can see why ppl that know what their doing are locking others out of their phases, its the wild west out there

best phase ive been in so far had cosmic dead before eye blast, saturn dead right after second wave of mirror eye, lad dead right after 2nd wave of elementals and val out of cage with 630 left on clock and dead with 5 and change left on clock
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.