DCUO & PS5

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Nov 12, 2020.

1. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Why not? Graphics only keep peoples attention for so long, good gameplay is what keeps a player, which is kind of why I left. I play N64 Gamecube Gameboy color ps2 and 3 games from time to time because they are fun to play not because the grass is well textured. The real question is why would someone want to stay in a game that's just going through the motions releasing dlc, after dlc to keep peoples attentions instead of fixing a few things, new events. or the fact that we on time capsule number 24
  2. myandria Item Storage

Heh.. tell that to the people who played DCUO on the PS3 until the game was deprecated from the system, well after the PS4 came out and COMPLAINED that they didn't have the money to buy a PS4 so they could continue to play the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

this “ we need a graphic update” narrative is so silly, it’s ridiculous
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, you were expecting something different?
    • Like x 4
  5. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

gadgets?....ewww!:p
    • Like x 1
  6. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i envy you .the people who lives in a country which can buy the ps5.in my country is so expensive cost the same as a house :( and it would be cheaper when a pig fly or until it would have 2 years before to be discontinuated
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So you really want to double down on being wrong today? :D
    • Like x 3
  8. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Gotta tell you... a lot of people said that when the PS4 launched. Didn't happen
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's a good thing DCUO doesn't have PS2 graphics. It's also a good thing they've been upgrading their PS3 graphics when and where they can.
    • Like x 1
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

While I understand it may deter some people, especially those who want to see super elaborate and extremely advanced graphics on their brand new console (which is understandable), I think some other people (including myself) are more concerned about gameplay and lore. Not to mention WoW came out in like 2004 and it's still extremely popular.

I've played GW2 and ESO, and while they have substantially better graphics, DCUO's lore and combat brought me back. Plus it's one of the few MMOs on console.

I do think that a DCUO with superior graphics would definitely attract a lot of players though.
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I don't get the 'graphics are everything' mindset. I still like to go back and play old NES Mario and Zelda games, and let me tell you, gameplay triumphs mightily over graphics there.

I mean, take a look at Square Enix's Avengers game. Beautiful to look at, with a great story and voice acting. But just no fun to play.
    • Like x 7
  12. Solarbound Committed Player

It doesn't deserve to be on PS5 -_-
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Seriously they won’t even make new powers and they put this toaster on PS5.
  14. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Check the YouTube trailers comments nuff said.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For me the best example was the release of the Wii. Nowhere near the graphics powerhouse as the Microsoft and Sony offerings, but games like Wii Sports helped sell a lot of systems. Simple graphics in comparison but highly engaging and fun gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And yet Sony gave it the okay. Go figure.
    • Like x 3
  17. Solarbound Committed Player

[IMG]
  18. Solarbound Committed Player

That's pretty much my standpoint. The game hasn't even evolved since the PS3 support was cut-off. And, we're supposed to pretend a PS5 port is great, exciting news? Give me a break -_-
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Because YouTube commenters aren't overly opinionated and very often wrong???
    • Like x 3
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Except it isn't a port per se...it's just compatible to play on the new system. Anywho, people were told not expect any changes upon the release of the PS5. People wanted to know if they would be able to continue playing on the new system, and that has been determined as possible. That's what all the hullabaloo is about. The End.
    • Like x 3