[Community Vote] Taking Up Torikumu's Mantle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MarvelHawkeye, Nov 11, 2020.

1. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

Hello DCUO Community,
    With Torikumu being gone, for who knows how long, I thought that I would do my part, and take up the mantle. I, just like everyone else in this community, benefited enormous amounts from Torikumu's episode guides. Now that they are no longer, I worry that people without large amounts of time on their hands, will not be able to fully get a grasp on the game. This is what I believe will lead to a large population decrease in all worlds. I do not want to replace Torikumu, but I want to leave them the option to come back if or when they please.

I have already made an outline as to what I plan on accomplishing. I will post this outline publicly in the next day or so. First, I would like to see what the reaction is from the community.

I value this community more than anything else. That's why I'm leaving the choice in YOUR hands. So, leave your feedback as to whether or whether not you think this is a good idea. If a majority of people think this is not a good idea, I will not move forward, and I will stop all of my plans. If a majority believe that this is a good idea, I will release my plans for the near future, and get to work.

If you think that I am disrespecting Torikumu in some way, please reach out to me either privately in DM's or through the replies. I am very much looking forward to seeing what you think of this idea.
    • Like x 13
  2. Isif Committed Player

Go for it. Most people enjoy looking at the Episode rewards before committing to the hunt. If no one else is posting reward videos on the regular then what is stopping you from doing it? Its like watching "Late Night", sometimes you need a new host.
    • Like x 2
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

You don't need to ask for permission or anything...just do it.

And please post all the parts on the guide in a single thread, the other day I was looking for the feats guide and it was kinda hard to find it, just do a single post in "Oracle´s Database" with all the information there.

Edit: Not sure though if you are talking about the guides on the forum or the youtube videos showing upcoming stuff, but whatever, just do it if you want to.
    • Like x 6
  4. Proxystar #Perception

As has been said you don't need permission from the community to make videos, just make them and have fun, I'm always happy to sub and support channels that involve players that are positive and not spreading negativity either towards other players or developers.

Your youtube link doesn't work though but I'll check it out if you've got a channel or when you make videos.
    • Like x 6
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Have fun. No need for a vote, just do it. Ignore the negativity that is the online posters and just do it.
    • Like x 9
  6. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Just please make sure when you showcase the styles, please just easy to see colors. Something like a simple RGB for each channel.
    • Like x 2
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Good thing then that I am the Reverse Tor. ;)

He did not say one word in his videos.
    I talk.... a LOT.... or so I am told. ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I would like to see someone pick up the torch and run with it. Give it a shot!

And end each video by saying, “Goodnight, EconoKnight! Wherever you are!” :D
    • Like x 5
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Cover the same content if you want, but don't try to be Tor. Do your own thing and the rest will fall into place. :)

Good luck.
    • Like x 4
  10. Eve YouTuber

Don't try to be Tori. Be your own. The community is in need of positive content creators right now. Most of my content goes on the Gotham Gazette YouTube now (Unless It's just one of my bases or characters). But if you want to show stuff and help the community, go ahead. I love seeing the community growing and helping each other. Positivity is the key, and I enjoyed your content so far. :)
    • Like x 6
  11. Heywiar Committed Player

I say go for it but please don't put in an intro that makes me go deaf!
    • Like x 3
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

1st off i say u need no ones permission or vote for anything so do whatever it is your talking about or dont but its up to you not the community.
    2nd who is Torikumu and what did he do?
    3rd if your worried about the majority not grasping the game now that hes gone i think thats absurd. I fail to see how 1 person leaving the game could ruin the game for the rest (unless im missing something).

All that is genuine, im not being a troll, i genuinely never heard of him much less heard what he did. I speculate he made content like guides an walkthroughs as that has been eluded to in the comments. That doesnt seem community breaking to me tho to not have him do it anymore. And am quite sure you need no ones vote or permission to do whatever it is you want to do. Go for it!!!
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Awww you didn’t like my old intro when the music kicked in? It was iconic :)
    • Like x 2
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, I will look forward to all your hard work and thank you
    • Like x 1
  15. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I request you use this song as your intro
    • Like x 3
  16. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

be your own persona and do it in your own way acording to a psychologist everyone learns everything by making mistakes until they learn how to make the stuff right by in their own way.acording to the text the talktive subject if you learned to do stuff by other you will find your own metod but picking up the the parts from that metod that person that you learned and also adding your own ideas.in short wordif you want to help showing the stuff like toki you could do that but be your own person and doing in your own way.sorry for the psychologist refrence before the quarentine i prepared a text about something like that to do it from ones of my final exams and i could't do it for the quarentine .
    • Like x 1
  17. Heywiar Committed Player

Hahaha yours wasn't bad because it had buildup!
    • Like x 1
  18. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

You bet I will.. ;)
  19. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

It truly was iconic!
    • Like x 1
  20. MarvelHawkeye Well-Known Player

YouTube link fixed. I really appreciate the kind words!
    • Like x 1