Up-Votes Needed HQ Elite, Alert Metal Ball Encasing Bug

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by SilkyPawz, Nov 11, 2020.

1. SilkyPawz Bunny

With the Hotfix when fighting the last boss in the Elite Alert, now when you are Encased in the Metal Sphere / Silver Ball, you get One Shotted this did not happen before, is this a bug or is this intended as the Tank gets put into the Metal Ball and gets One SHotted now, prior to the hot fix when Encased in said ball you Did Not get one shotted.

The hotfix / patch notes did not mention anything about these changes.
    • Like x 5
  2. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

Yea I've run the elite alert a handful of times now and this never happened at least not in my runs. This is the definition of over lapping mechanics and seems like a change like this is more about RNG than skill in completing the alert now. Hope this is addressed soon and given a proper look at to be fixed or tweaked.
    • Like x 3
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This was actually reported on Sunday, days before the hotfix. Clearly you were just lucky before. This is why stuff needs to tested longer than a blooming fortnight before being released.
  4. Vengeance Gray Level 30

When I'm HQe as a DPS/Troll Cosmic Boy encases me in the Metal Sphere, and then immediately directs his One Shot attack me before I even have a chance to break out. This has happened to me on multiple runs over the past 3 days.
    • Like x 1
  5. SilkyPawz Bunny

I must have missed that post, my bad, and I must have gotten lucky because today was the first time it has happened to me and I have run it about 7 to 8 times now.
  6. TLantern Developer

Getting shot by the Primary Attack while encased is an issue, I'll be looking into that.

About the encasement though, the targeting for this attack specifically looks for a player who does not have the most hate. If you are a Tank and you got encased, did you recently revive from KO? Or did one of your teammates by chance pull aggro from you?
    • Like x 2
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

The Tank got Encased did not KO prior to being encased, the Healer got Hate shortly after that the healer got encased, then got one shotted and died while encased. This was the first time this happened ran it several times prior and it never happened, we all thought it was a bug.

Thank you for looking into this :)
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Is this the same for all versions? I would regularly get encased and would have done the most damage in a tankless/troll-less instance. Would pets attribute to your damage hate meter? I've also seen healers getting encased, which I thought healing generated a lot of hate.

In a situation where you have 3 DPS and a healer, who generates the most hate?
  9. UVLN Level 30

I have the op face, the elite weapon, neck and rings and I didn't get the level up, I'm still 329 and should've been boosted up, I tried to put in a report but no answer, everyone else would be at least cr 330 or 331. Please help me
  10. IgorK-9 New Player

I am having the same problem, i’m getting killed while encased in the metal ball and pushing the action button.
  11. TLantern Developer

Pets do not add to your own hate. And yes, each mode will not encase the player with the most hate. it seemed too rough for Tanks.

If there's a ton of healing going on I can see a situation where the Healer is top on the hate meter. DPS can also generate hate but as to who becomes the highest in your setting, it depends on the group and the person. If you have a person doing a ton of damage in a short period over the others, that person would probably be highest on the meter.

I don't have the raw numbers for hate generation, we'd have to get Batuba in here for that one.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you. Looks like the reason why I would always get encased is because my pets do most of my damage.