Sorcery healers: superpowered or hybrid??

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Nov 10, 2020.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So up until this weekend I've been specced with hybrid. I changed to superpowered since buff trolls are more of a thing now. I've never had power issues but running the elite alert without a troll and all the ice drain made me try it out. It seems terrible. Running the new raid, me and a celestial that run together often, I'm getting demolished on the scorecard and we are usually dead even. I don't really care about the scorecard while healing but it is an unreal difference now. Would it make that much of a difference?
    Also, while I'm seeing the same numbers that I usually hit for while dpsing, again people I'm usually right there with are creaming me but just in the elite raid. To the point where I think either the scoreboard is wacky or sorcery got patched/ broken or the change to source shard broke something. Anyone else feeling different the last few days?
  2. Dogico Loyal Player

You're losing out on 5% restoration and 5% dominance by using superpowered instead of hybrid so it makes sense your healing is noticeably weaker. Imo tanks and healers should always go hybrid.
    • Like x 2
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Think I'm just surprised that it's so noticeable. I know celestial/ combo healers like it. Thought it might be good for trolless runs but lordy lordy I'm terrible with it haha. Have you run the new raid in elite yet? We've been going in every night, can do 1st and 2nd boss but still haven't taken the 3rd.
    And yeah, my tank runs hybrid and never even thought about superpowered
  4. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

I would think the superpowered is more handy if you don't have a troll so it givess you that extra power regen...but otherwise i think hybid is the way to go if you are doing raids with a troll
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'll find out tonight haha. I kind of forgot I did it. If my numbers go back to normal, that will seem crazy to me that you lose so much between the 2. Maybe I'm just not taking the dom into account and it's more important than I figure somehow. 5% resto is a decent amount but with plenty of additional resto from arts, I wasn't expecting this much of a drop
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm nature and usually always go super power, have always went super powered as heal since revamp tbh. But I usually blind queue risking there not being tanks or trolls in the content I queued for.

That and I like having 118-120k power lol
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well, just finished the raid in reg after going back to hybrid and no troll pug group healed fine. Felt much better at least and didnt use bat form so only power I was getting was sodas and pew pew. No power issues. Happy again haha
  8. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Thats not true. It depends on the way you heal. 5% of 55k resto is just over 2500 resto, in the grand scheme of things, that meaningless. easily made up with a 5% healing bonus snack, buff soda, or compound. Personally I've been healing and tanking as superpowered since the launch of the revamp and I've had zero issues in any content. I stand in the back of the room out of the range of everything and heal or when I spam EoG, I'm closer with everyone else ofc. In those instances where you may need to spam heals to bounce the group's health you may not be regening enough off of your weapon attacks. If you're a min/maxer with stats then go for it, but at the end of the day its just 5%. You're never going to run into a scenario where 5% resto is going to make or break your healing.
    • Like x 1
  9. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

I say go with and stay superpowered. Its just 5% resto, its meaningless. Remember, if you're enough to do weapon attacks to regen power you're close enough for the boss to throw a cheap 1shot at you. Sure you can dodge the attack and you should be paying attention regardless. But if you're specced superpowered, then you can stand in back of the room in your own little area thus taking you out of the line of danger for the most part and don't have to worry about getting within range of boss to regen. Superpowered will not give you unlimited power ofc, so you can't Spam n' Hope heal all the live long day, but its safer.
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

While the difference in healing efficacy can be debated, the fact that using superpowered instead of hybrid will result in weaker heals cannot be debated. Sure, it probably won't make or break you as a healer but a 5% decrease in dom and resto will result 8n weaker heals.
  11. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Technically yes their is a SLIGHT and I do mean MINIMAL difference, BUT you will never know the difference in 5% resto. That can't be debated. 5% difference is negligible.
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Personally, even tho dogico and I have already had a similar argument about slight amounts lol, I cant consider 5% slight. Also, sorcery just doesn't need power help like a combo power does. But just got out of elite attempt again and it went sooooo much better with hybrid spec. And yes they turned the elite version up. We actually feel like we need to gear up now vs 2 days ago we were fine.
    So ran reg and had it done in 10:20 with 1 down. There is just a huge difference between elite and reg but a tiny step up between event and reg.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I say it depends on your playstyle. If one plays by spamming a power, transmutation or soul bolt, then Superpowered is best. Personally, my Sorcery toon is specced superpowered with Power Efficiency chest mod and Energized Circle head mod. I do not use a supercharge.