[showcase] New gear from upcoming Time Capsule.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Valka Lynx, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Weren't more than *

I meant weren't. ugh.
  2. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

But didn't y'all share it by showcasing it on the stream?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They only showcased the Dark Raven gear. Everything else was datamined prior to the live stream.
    • Like x 2
  4. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Its still mysterious to me. If they make a bad style and people hate it, somehow its our fault. I don't much care about TC gear myself, I rarely change my style and I rarely wear the gear so personally I'm not going to make a judgement. But if they make a style and people hate it, they shouldn't be blaming the players on hating a style that we had ZERO contribution in the design of. And if they don't like people data mining and sharing the information on the forums, then maybe they should do something about that. A thread like this could have easily been taken down and/or locked by Mepps if they don't want people commenting. Not that I'm abdicating for that, personally I think as long as its not vulgar or violating ToS in the feedback, their should be no problem with criticism of said thing. I've got a laundry list of criticism of this game and how its being run, not all of it is necessarily constructive.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No one is blaming anyone for hating or critiquing a style. Some content was unofficially revealed and shared. That content could be unfinished, placeholders or not even intended for this upcoming Time Capsule. Now players are critiquing unpublished content that the developers didn't get a chance to reveal themselves. Yes Mepps could have closed this thread but the datamined content was revealed months ago on here, YouTube and player-owned websites.
    • Like x 1
  6. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

"This reaction is a prime example of why we don't want unfinished/unreleased stuff shared"

She is unhappy upset that the unreleased styles are being critiqued. Their is a very good way to prevent that from happening and I outlined it earlier.
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

This theme is divided into two parts, one showing the finished versions (which the developers themselves showed), and the other part where the sketches of the emblems that were never supposed to see daylight are shown, not finished, pulled from the game files.
    The text you cite refers to the other part, the developer says that showing such unfinished sketches creates a false impression about the product itself, and leads to undeserved disappointment with the product.
    • Like x 5
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Except you didn't really outline anything earlier. At best you may have hinted at the idea of letting players have a say, but that's not really anything I'd call an outline.

And between the details that players here rarely can come together in a consensus about things AND that some players don't always exercise a whole lot of tact when voicing their opinions, I can't really get behind the idea of giving players more of a voice in that regard. Plus I can't see some folks taking things well if DC said "no" to one of their ideas (we'd still be dealing with that potential hurdle, after all).
    • Like x 2
  9. Eve YouTuber

They showed the aura too on stream (Oceans did). But this was also "Leaked" and the wrong information was put (That this is an accessory or something).

I don't know how many player-owned websites posted the data mining, but the Gazette hasn't and will never do so.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kanniu Well-Known Player

It was an assumption. No one was sure what it was.
  11. Eve YouTuber

And this is why you don't leak stuff. It only leads to disappointment and as Meg said - there was no context
    • Like x 2
  12. Walvine Well-Known Player

I understand the disrespect done , About 11-12 years ago I did terrain packs for a blackhawk engine game even was part of a few mods one I remember name of was known as international conflict mod , A fellow modder accidently allowed a 3rd party to access his mod assets for test play which included unreleased terrains I was working on that still needed stuff like voxel map displacment ,sfx sound map for footstep changes etc and grass type adjustments anyway ,The 3rd party uploaded it to a mod website not knowing whom it was I just uninstalled game and deleted every thing I built related to it and moved on other mmos.
  13. Kanniu Well-Known Player

I don't think anyone's disappointed with the feather regardless of it being an aura or accessory. Some things are going to disappoint regardless of whether they're presented a certain way or not. It's not like many people have even see these leaks anyway.
  14. UVLN Level 30

It is leveled up, yet the might is lower than all gear
  15. Berza Committed Player

To which item level? Because mine have similar stats to similar item level pieces.
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Leveled up how far? It goes up as far as Rank 32 I think, which should be Item Level 302 if I'm not mistaken. There are three breakthroughs needed in total also.
    • Like x 1
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Or Mepps inferring someone is on drugs because they don't like the style...

We get half done content and garbage TC items. They say they want our feedback, but stuff like this shows otherwise. Im getting pretty close to done with this game myself. If it weren't for the people I play with, I'd have been out that door a long time ago with so many others.
    • Like x 1
  18. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Did you level it all the way up?
    Mask's level increases a little every time you rank it up, with maximum level being 302, I assume, which would require multiple breakthroughs.

Oops, didn't see the previous post. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  19. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

And wow this got a bit derailed. :D

Just to make some things clear here. :oops:

So the devs deleted the leak posts from this thread, but they have no problems with players sharing stuff that's already been revealed. They showed Dark Raven gear on the stream, they toured the bases and stood in the Watchtower on US server while having the style on, and everyone could come and see it with their own eyes.
    I'm sure lots of people couldn't watch the stream (I myself haven't seen all of it), so that's why I thought I could share it with others here on the forums.

If they showed the emblems and the rest of leaked stuff by themselves, it would be okay to share it as well.
    But since they didn't... oh well. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

You and I both can't tell how many people saw the leaks - but since it went from a website to YouTube to the forums, enough eyes saw it.
    The reactions on this thread speaks for themselves. If the Devs don't want the leaks - they don't want it, period. They won't change their stance on it all of the sudden. As much as It's nice to know stuff before everyone - I think people who data mining should keep it to themselves and not post it all over the Internet. And mostly in DCUO, it leads to the pitchforks almost asap when things aren't as they seem.