Let us get role gear when we switch roles: Hear me out

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RadioGraffiti, Nov 9, 2020.

1. RadioGraffiti New Player

So the worst part about being a support role (tank, troll, heal) is that doing solos, dailies, and duos is a pain. Hell even running alerts and raids can be too if theres already too many of your role in the instance.

I know what you are thinking, oh well just get an armory!
    Yeah, but then you have to get twice the amount of gear. You not only have to get full support role gear but now dps gear? Not to mention having to also level up an art for both sides? Who has that kinda time?

So...what if when we clicked on the "Switch role" option it automatically set our gear to the other role?
    For example, Im a troll and I decide I want to run my dailies but I dont feel like taking 3 times as long to finish it as I would as a dps, simple solution, just switch my role!
    This would also encourage more people to try their support role instead of it being dps universe online...

Sure you would still have to level up an art and use an armory for your sp but thats still a lot easier than having to grind twice the amount of gear for just one character
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Instead of grinding out a full set of vendor gear you could just use drop gear.
    • Like x 5
  3. Yaiba Committed Player

I only have 2 armories, and they're all for troll (I don't keep dps gear). I don't find myself having a hard time in endgame contents.
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, my 2nd role is usually dropped gear. By the time I get a full set of vendor gear, I usually already have a set of purple gear. There have been times when I've gotten both sets, but that's rare. Especially lately.
    • Like x 2
  5. Iroonmongoose Level 30

so i keep up an armory for dps and one for troller and its actually kinda simple i alternate what the vendor gear, for example my troller is getting the legion set my dips got the wonder verse set

I'm not consistant but green and drop gear i give to what ever is the lowest , so say i have a 260 bow and a 271 bow and i get a weapons box with a 272 bow it replaces the 260 bow.

its still an armory by the way so if u do like i do whe u switch armorys it will switch gear and sp
  6. Walvine Well-Known Player

I think auto adjust gear / prototype type is possible update to gear system from single prototype set.
    Gear would change / restrict bonus as player switch to and from support role,
    Dps role bonus x ##% might x ##% prec
    Controller role bonus x ##% vit x ##% dom
    Tank role bonus x ##% dom x ##% health
    Healer role bonus x ##% rest x ##% power.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I am the opposite; I keep my support role gear on my characters when I switch to DPS, which I usually do when I solo or do Event missions. Even if I could "instantly" put on DPS gear in any fashion if I switch roles, I won't get the gear in order to do it. As you have pointed out, there are plenty of DPS players in the game already.

Armories take up space in a base, so I only have a few characters that have "costume only" armories in their base.
  8. RadioGraffiti New Player

Yea but thats not very reliable because you have to rely on getting certain pieces of gear. Also its a pain having to keep two different sets of pve gear in your inventory and with an armory you have to switch it out every single time you get a new piece of gear which sucks if you are not max level and are constantly getting new gear
  9. RadioGraffiti New Player

What Im saying is if you are running a solo as you are trying to level up its a pain to run anything as a support role vs a dps. Dps can mow down solos and dailies no problem unlike support roles. If you could just switch role and get automatic gear it would be so much easier to do things in the game.

Also some people like myself make other characters. So imagine grinding gear for both dps and support on one character and doing it more on an alt.

Like for example, I have a character for healing, tanking, trolling and dpsing. And I Definetly see a difference in running duos or solos as a support than a dps
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't see how you can not finish a set of gear just from drops unless you're intentionally not selecting gear as a reward from content. Also take into account The Vault, Time Capsules, the Space & Time vendor and the Mechanical Supply vendor all have gear as drops or for direct purchase.

You can also store your off gear in your bank, it doesn't have to be in your inventory. Armories will pull gear from wherever it's stored.
    • Like x 2
  11. RadioGraffiti New Player

I know but thats still a lot of slots its taking up just for support role gear. The game needs to encourage support roles more thats why we have so many dps now because why bother doing twice the work? The gear I use for my support role I could be using for my dps, right?
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It's not. There's plenty of inventory space unless you're not subbed. In which case, subscribe.

You're suggesting a feature request to solve a problem that isn't really a problem, and that's why you're not getting support; it's falling apart because the real issue you have is with storage space from not being subbed.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not a lot of slots though unless you are F2P or Premium or have a terrible hoarding problem. The reason we have so many DPS is because people don't want to play support not because they have trouble getting gear. It would be cool if gear was one size fits all but it's not.
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

With all the ways available to get scaling gear drops (Vault, TCs, rewards from content runs, even the Quark vendor) it's not that terribly difficult to fill in gaps that might occur if you decide to go the "drops for other role" route.

There's also no need to switch out a piece of gear every time you get a new one. Unless you're hoarding a lot of stuff you can use either your inventory or your bank (or both) to store all the pieces for a full set and then switch it all out in one fell swoop.
    • Like x 2
  15. RadioGraffiti New Player

So you are telling me more people wouldnt play as a support role if they could just easily switch role and automatically change their gear? What harm does that do? It makes it easier for the players. Hell PvP gear doesnt even have role based gear anymore so they dont have to worry about that
  16. RadioGraffiti New Player

Theres really no reason to subscribe with open episodes going on but I can anytime I want too. I still have yet to see any one tell me why this is a bad suggestion
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Honestly, I would like this.

Mostly because I think it's absurd that you only get one armory for free and you have to purchase another one with real money. AFAIK at least. One of the most irritating parts of the game as it relates to what is on the marketplace for me.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not about causing any harm. You're requesting something that will need to be coded into the game which will require the devs to take time /resources away from something more useful. The prices for vendor gear will skyrocket to reflect these new changes.
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

One: You're trying to solve a problem that already has more than a few solutions.

Two: You're talking about reworking how gear works, and I can't imagine that it'd be as easy of a change as you might think given how surprisingly interconnected MMO systems can get.
    • Like x 4
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

You just created a thread about it and disguised it as something else to generate support for it. You find bag space limiting as a f2p player -- that's your reason. Buy more space or sub. /thread
    • Like x 3