Test Discussion Episode 39: Legion HQ Orientation (Alert)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello everyone! Thank you for playing the new Alert on PC Test!

Please use this thread to give feedback, bug reports, and general feedback on the new Alert. The Legion HQ Alert.

Also when giving feedback, please note which difficulty you were in. This Alert has an Elite version!

Thank you! Have fun!

Some known issues:
    • On Duty menu has incorrect CR and Dominance info
    • The Last Boss stands up after being defeated
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

Was super fun for the first run. I will run it again tomorrow and get a recorded video to post here, but it seems pretty good for the run.
    He may be repeating one of his 1 shots attacks too many times and me and my team mates couldn't figure out if we should block or roll away. I don't think neither worked.
    • Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I played through the regular version in full CR 316 PUG group with no one having played it previously. The group consisted of 2 DPS, 1 healer, and 1 Controller (me). We completed it in 12 minutes with no one ever being in any danger of dying. I was amazed at how quickly the bosses died. My response after Cosmic Boy was KOed was "That's it?". The boss fights were very easy and the group was able to avoid all of the big attacks. Compared to something like Volcano Mining Facility, the regular version of Legion HQ Orientation feels like a cakewalk.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Should the Regular and Elite versions share loot lockouts? I noticed that after completing the Regular version, no loot lockouts were listed for the Elite version for the On Duty tab.
  5. DJ BOSS New Player

Sneak Peak :
    What do you think ?
    • Like x 1
  6. Psyfur Well-Known Player

It would be a nice change if just the renown could be on a separate loot lock. That would keep us from having to reject friends who want to run the regular version. Also gives us something extra to do.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Are the bosses programmed to always target players? One thing I've been noticing is that the Robot and Cosmic Boy always ignore my Gadgets Holographic Decoy which is supposed to taunt the enemies for a few seconds. It makes it a lot harder to do player pickups if Decoy doesn't work on bosses.
    • Like x 1
  8. inferno Loyal Player

I'm kinda conflicted about the alert. The regular version was fairly quick and easy. I healed on a brand new toon with low augments and a quick, made-up loadout, too; so I wasn't the best to heal it. I'm conflicted with its ease only because we don't have a solo or duo; so the quickness is good for me and my horde of alts but then we've had duos more tougher than this, I feel.

I didn't try the elite yet so I'm not sure how much more ramped up it is compared to the regular. I'm not even complaining that we only had 2 bosses, which means only 2 loots.

I guess, what I would feel comfortable in saying: If we had a solo, I would say it needs more challenge. Without the solo, leave it as is and put the challenge in the elite version.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

When I leave via the teleporter or warp away, It doesn't complete the Objective for the alert.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

This is from the Gazette's channel. The regular version feels abit like event. Should be a little more challenging in my opinion. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t really see how it matters if normal is too easy when we have an elite. But that’s just my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  12. SilkyPawz Bunny

My group ran the Alert and we all had lots of fun, I really enjoyed the first part with the race/grade part it was fun for all of us. I know some might say it's easy but what's easy for me might not be for others and being on test having full set of gear and 200 Artifacts plays a big part. We finished the Alert in 12 to 13 minutes, having to run this everyday I personally do not mind since there is no solo or duo.

Bug or just our group we did NOT get Catalyst or Exobytes from the Alert and was wondering if this is a bug or was just us not sure if anyone else had same issue.
    • Like x 3
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

The normal alert felt a bit too easy. This was more of an event than an alert with normal difficulty. A slight ramp up of adds dmg wouldnt hurt. 5 to 10%.

The first boss doesnt do much in normal, the canisters are kinda fluff here instead of something to look out for but the boss also died with current episode gear really fast. A slight health increase up to 10-15% would be fitting, imo. Don't know if we even seen all mechanics before the fight was over.

Last boss was okay but I played it after the elite version so it felt lackluster since the adds were missing. Maybe add at least the npc that stuns players until it gets lunged?
  14. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

Cutscenes were bugging out for me
    when beast boy was on the table as a dog and rolls off his model was already standing in human in the same cutscene
  15. VictorDoom New Player

Pls devvs fix élite allert, impossible with 4 élite mechanism
    Thx
  16. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

How much renown does the alert reward?
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

A look at the new Elite Alert in its first draft on test server

• Like x 2
  19. inferno Loyal Player

It doesn't really. Personally, the loss of solo/duo instance removes a major instance for me. 90% of my game play is doing solo stuff. I only do group missions on 2 or 3 alts which on a daily basis would take less than an hour. Most of the time I run a lot of alts in solos that take me 5 to 7 min. My horde of alts are end-game creatures but fairly weak in skills and artifacts so I don't impose them on other players. But the ease of this alert may allow me to run them through it. Trust me; for selfish reasons, I love it.

But shouldn't an alert; an instance that requires 4 players, that technically should require one of each role, be more challenging? And an Elite version even more so? Remember Rip in Time Elite? Uggh!! Even now the memory and experience of that 2nd boss fight sends chills down my spine. That's why I felt conflicted reporting that it was too easy.
    • Like x 2
  20. inferno Loyal Player

Each instance or each boss?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.