Livestream Preview: Long Live The Legion (Episode 39)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

If there are grounding mechanics and a bunch of floating areas, certainly looks like platforming to me. Hope it's not.
    • Like x 2
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I'm not sure about grounding, but floating islands looked more like arenas that have portals between them. I mean, I don't see a way of jumping from one to another, it's too far.

[IMG]

But of course it's still possible to fall down and die.
    • Like x 1
  3. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

So, for everyone, let's recap some moments from the stream :oops:

• Entry CR is 310.
    • Open world (31st Century: New Earth) with bunch of daily and weekly missions.
    • One alert (Legion: HQ Orientation - normal and elite). Elite can be ran daily, granting around 50 renown (if I'm not mistaken).
    • One raid (Legion: Convergence of Unmaking), with three boss fight in it.
    • Two currencies, like in Wonderverse. Solar Credits (regular currency) and Time Beacons (boss currency).
    • Open world has farming bosses again, however, just 4 bosses this time (three regular and one special). Special boss spawns regardless of whether you defeated previous three or not. It was also said that they're less grindy, but we'll see. Support roles get more contribution so it's easier for them to participate.
    • Episode gear - Thrall of Ekron (Emerald Empress).
    • Event gear - Magnetic Paladin (Cosmic Boy).
    • New omnipotence item - Overcharged mask (Statiс's Mask). It requires catalysts but can be equipped immediately after you get it. It has low level at first (starting with level 270), which can be raised by upgrading it with catalysts. After fully upgrading it players also receive Enhanced Overcharged style.
    • There will be Legion Flight ring available (?) that grants flight, similar to Joker's Jetpack from Vault.
    • Updated vendor UI that allows you to filter items. Only for Legion's vendors for now.
    • There will be three new artifacts (they aren't available on test right now). Two for dps and one for trolls. You can look them up in Testing Section.
    • Like x 9
  4. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Stop spreading misinfo. SJ said during the live stream that there is no platforming involved in response to what happened/chat.
    • Like x 3
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Also - Base item limit will be raised to 600 as a test run. It may be raised even higher based on performance.
  6. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Yeah, also that. I heard something about 600 and at first I thought they'll introduce 600 new base items :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Psyfur Well-Known Player

If this is accurate, I’ll be upgrading my membership to legendary. So excited for this.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dead13 Well-Known Player

Make Validus more realistic, his looks like he came from cartoon. Doomsday was great, do the same
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I have mixed feelings about the new DLC, on the one hand, the long-awaited changes (600 Base items limit, change in the OP leveling ...) and on the other hand, "strange" decisions in the form of a lack of solo and duos (for me personally, replacing one raid with bosses in the open world a positive change, but replacing solo or duo with an elite alert (the content is the same, just more difficult ...) is a regression (yes, I know many people liked them and many asked to return them, but not to replace them !!!( the development team has decreased by so much that it is no longer possible to change something in the DLC structure without removing something else ??? )
    • Like x 3
  10. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Either that or they're working on something else. Either the anniversary event or Episode 40. This episode feels like filler content with some good changes
  11. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Looking forward, when this becomes an open episode (seeing how the pandemic is a long term thing), it means only one instance playable per week, and the raid every two weeks. Without a solo or duo can the alert have a daily or three day lockout when it goes open episode?
  12. Kuno Loyal Player

Why are the devs doing this to their own game / job? :S
    • Like x 1
  13. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

What is the pricing? With only one alert and one raid, it’s more like a Riddled with Crime and Deluge which was 4.99 instead of the full DLC price of 9.99.

im mostly premium. I go legendary one or twice a year for a month. Sometimes I buy an episode if I like it enough, like Atlantis or Teen Titans. If this episode is 4.99 I’ll probably get it, if 9.99... meh.
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Real question is what do the bounty feats go up to? LOL
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It was already mentioned, further up the thread, that some of that stuff was completely untrue.
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This episode presents an opportunity to actually have the solo be the finale of the story (much like a classic horror movie where the villain claws back for one last surprise attack).

After his defeat, Mordru believes that he would have won if just our character was erased from history. A weakened Mordru uses what’s left of his power to travel back in time to the Brainiac ship where we were born, and the fight is on to save ourselves from being erased. They could even use the same, exact map with our fight being one step behind our past selves.

The Brainiac ship environment is made. The enemies are in place (could be magic enhanced). The final boss is set as we take down Mordru once and for all.
    • Like x 3
  17. Cbuks232 New Player

Would love to see lightning lads hairstyle
  18. Kuno Loyal Player

I dont see a thread in the test forum section for a solo or duo, or a second raid. So I'm going to think there's just bounties, an alert and a raid for the upcoming episode. Which just plain sucks.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

When you reply to a post with multiple pieces of information without specificity or anything constructive of your own, it is difficult to tell what you are disappointed in. There is no platforming in what you responded to, if that was a concern.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

Is the playtest still happening today?